GA GA - Atlanta, WhtMale 20-30, 178UMGA, hit by car on I-75, Virgo tattoo, Jul'95 - Steven Shelton

Maybe the guy had a family member who was a Virgo and that's all the tattoo really means -- you know, sort of an honoring thing. Or maybe he had a crazy gf/bf who was a Virgo (lord knows us Virgos get a little crazy most of the time LOL). The tattoo looks amateur, so..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i mean i wouldnt think so because if he was trying to get a tattoo for someone wouldnt you get their name or maybe a birthday? it does look like maybe the virgo tattoo was a cover-up for a name or something like that so you could be partially right. or maybe it wasnt a cover up and it was just kinda messed up. it does look pretty amateur.

I skimmed through the report.
It states multiple pictures were taken. Wonder what happened to them?

<modsnip> can someone link a photo of this brian doe? I'm really, really good at comparing faces. the most helpful part of the photos they took of him is that we do have an actual photo of him. sad, but he still looked like someone's son. does anyone know who the people holding onto the (alleged) remaining post-mortem photos are? I'm not really familiar with that. I forget which department that would be and I don't know how to describe that to google. I'm basically asking which department I'm going to be sending a very urgent email to.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip> can someone link a photo of this brian doe? I'm really, really good at comparing faces. the most helpful part of the photos they took of him is that we do have an actual photo of him. sad, but he still looked like someone's son. does anyone know who the people holding onto the (alleged) remaining post-mortem photos are? I'm not really familiar with that. I forget which department that would be and I don't know how to describe that to google. I'm basically asking which department I'm going to be sending a very urgent email to.
Per this previous post, the photos on NamUs are the only ones available. I would really recommend reading through this entire thread; many questions have been asked and answered over the years.
Hi everyone :)

I am back again!

<modsnip>

A few days ago, I emailed the ME involved in this case (who, I must say, is a lovely, lovely person), and this morning I heard back from an equally lovely investigator who had this to say (this was in response to questions I had asked including when he said his name was Stephen, did he have an accent, what was he wearing, personal items.. and so on).

"The man you are asking about spent approximately one year as a hospital inpatient after being struck by at least one auto as he tried to cross an interstate here in Atlanta, He never spoke, never provided a name, and his clothing has never been recovered because it was removed at the scene to treat him emergently and was never tracked through his hospital stay. We have no high resolution photos of his tattoos, and no other post-mortem photographs are available.

The &#8220;Stephen&#8221; referenced by the hospital was found alive and well, and is therefore ruled out as a possible identity for the decedent.

I agree there is significant information missing, although after thorough (and ongoing) investigation here it has become apparent that the information is lost permanently to us. His DNA is on file with the FBI CODIS lab, and we can be hopeful that there will eventually be a &#8220;match&#8221; to family looking for him."

This information is great, but it obviously changes to much of the focus that has been in the case for so many years. It would appear we can rule the name 'Stephen' out, and it looks like we may need to see if contact can be made with the attending paramedics on this date to see if they remember anything, anything at all, about our doe.

I will be mailing the LE very soon too to see if there is any information they can provide me about the accident, and I will post it over here :)

I promise to try and be a bit more active around here, a few things upset me recently, but you are all so important to me, and I really love it here :)

Grey.

A PM does exist, it just isn't shown on NAMUS. A link to said PM is posted on this thread.

Here are two reconstructions that were made by a user in this thread.
fulton-co-john-doe4ksigned-jpg.198715
uid-691-pm-4signed-jpg.280317

A PM does exist, it just isn't shown on NAMUS. A link to said PM is posted on this thread.

Here are two reconstructions that were made by a user in this thread.
fulton-co-john-doe4ksigned-jpg.198715
uid-691-pm-4signed-jpg.280317
yeah I've seen the PM, ill link it for those who haven't because it's not too graphic. I'm just confused as to what I'm missing. someone said something about a brian at some point that seemed pretty plausible? where is that? im so confused

yeah I've seen the PM, ill link it for those who haven't because it's not too graphic. I'm just confused as to what I'm missing. someone said something about a brian at some point that seemed pretty plausible? where is that? im so confused

I’ve noticed that someone previously said that Brian didn’t have a NAMUS link yet, but there is a Facebook page for him, if that helps - Searching for Brian Vargo

if I'm gonna be honest, I don't think brian Vargo is our doe. i just have a weird feeling that it isn't. I could be wrong though because the photo I'm linking does look like him. and really nobody knows but its something about the eyes that's telling me it's not him. i was looking over the colored photos of brian Vargo and he was blonde. our doe had black hair and it also doesn't look like the same texture. i hope to god that it is, though. then he would finally have a name. also- in the PM on the left side of his head there looks to be a dent. is that a mark in the photo or was his head actually dented in like that?

Attachments

• 256380-36f107512877a252c19039a7b1e47712.jpg
    256380-36f107512877a252c19039a7b1e47712.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 4
if I'm gonna be honest, I don't think brian Vargo is our doe. i just have a weird feeling that it isn't. I could be wrong though because the photo I'm linking does look like him. and really nobody knows but its something about the eyes that's telling me it's not him. i was looking over the colored photos of brian Vargo and he was blonde. our doe had black hair and it also doesn't look like the same texture. i hope to god that it is, though. then he would finally have a name. also- in the PM on the left side of his head there looks to be a dent. is that a mark in the photo or was his head actually dented in like that?
I agree with all of this. Also, Brian Vargo went missing in 1976 at the age of 20. Fulton County John Doe was found in 1995 and estimated to be 20-30. Brian Vargo would have been almost 40 in 1995. I have seen the PM photos and John Doe does not look 40 years old IMO.

I agree with all of this. Also, Brian Vargo went missing in 1976 at the age of 20. Fulton County John Doe was found in 1995 and estimated to be 20-30. Brian Vargo would have been almost 40 in 1995. I have seen the PM photos and John Doe does not look 40 years old IMO.
i did some math and i thought brian would be like 29 in 1995 but i have a learning block so its a strong possibility that im extremely wrong. <modsnip> i hope its brian, for sure. <modsnip> but i dont have a lot of hope for it. i realized that the mark on his head in his PM was a huge dent... honestly im heartbroken about that. its just crazy how someone can just go unidentified and injured like that.

I don’t think it’s Brian either, to be honest. The PM photo looks way too young to be him, although I do understand people can look young (I still get IDed for 16+ products at nearly 25 haha)… But this whole case, I agree with the poster above, absolutely breaks my heart. To be injured so horrifically and deteriote in hospital for nearly a year… and to be unidentified for so long… it’s just so sad. He must have people out there missing him. I hope we can get his name back. :(

I don’t think it’s Brian either, to be honest. The PM photo looks way too young to be him, although I do understand people can look young (I still get IDed for 16+ products at nearly 25 haha)… But this whole case, I agree with the poster above, absolutely breaks my heart. To be injured so horrifically and deteriote in hospital for nearly a year… and to be unidentified for so long… it’s just so sad. He must have people out there missing him. I hope we can get his name back. :(
<modsnip> do you think his failing health/coma/death caused that skin discoloration? hes green and yellow. i wonder what were they feeding him in Grady? id imagine he would get calorie intake in some form. he lived for a while. im not sure how it works when people are in comas, but id assume they were bathing him? im sure it varies but if anyone can give me an email of who to ask about that ill dig into it.

Attachments

• 50619-3393781bcca58e7004ebe51543dd86c8.jpg
    50619-3393781bcca58e7004ebe51543dd86c8.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 9
someone, please give me a task to do relating to this case- im really willing to do anything. i really want to keep the case alive. ill do whatever you guys dont have time to do or dont know how to do. ill figure it out.

do you think there's any possible chance our doe is over 30? in most renderings, he has wrinkles around his eyes and mouth that lead me to believe he would have been is his late 30s or early 40s. the wrinkles around his mouth could be a result of smoking for a long period of time and the eye wrinkles could have been due to long periods of sun exposure but that seems like a stretch for a 20 year old.

I doubt this case will move in any way unless there is DNA. The profile says DNA is available, so maybe @othram may have suggestions on proceeding with this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back