GA GA - Atlanta, WhtMale 20-30, 178UMGA, hit by car on I-75, Virgo tattoo, Jul'95 - Steven Shelton

I wonder if he could have been in state care at some point and ran away before aging out.

Also, remember he may have had nothing to do with a concert, he crossed a highway which had cars coming form a concert of some sort.

My husband is a big Kyuss fan and I showed him this case, but he doesn't recognize the UID's tattoos as having to do with Kyuss or any other band in the stoner rock genre.

He found some tour dates. In July 1995, Kyuss toured with three other bands: White Zombie, Reverend Horton Heat, and Babes in Toyland, playing in Cleveland, OH on the 10th; Columbia, MD on the 15th; Burgettstown, PA (near Pittsburgh) on the 16th; Noblesville, IN on the 17th; and then Orlando, FL on the 22nd and Tampa on the 23rd. From all we could gather, Kyuss briefly parted ways with the other bands to play the show in Atlanta on the 20th.

Tour dates:
http://www.reverendhortonheat.com/tourdates_past.php

Also, remember he may have had nothing to do with a concert, he crossed a highway which had cars coming form a concert of some sort.

But if he crossed the highway near Lakewood then it stands to reason he could have been attending a concert.

First - there are giant walls separating most of the highway, even a drop could be fatal or cause traumatic injury.

Secondly - as I mentioned previously... This is a very bad area of town, especially after dark and on foot. People don't go there or wander around unless they are attending a concert - not even the few people who live nearby (they stay indoors or in large groups). Seriously. I've gotten lost down there after a show & it is beyond scary...

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/782/12/
Info on Allan.......first pic is unidentified.

Thank you for the pictures. Good comparison. I also think we should note that the UID appears to have a broken nose, possible result of accident. So noses may not be the best way to ID unless his nose deviated prior. Also, with atrophied muscles the facial muscles will also change a bit, but not basic structure. Is there a link to the post-mortum pics? I was able to see the dragon tattoo. I noticed it looked like a work in progress. Some areas are just outlined, but, it is professionally done. Has LE set the tattoo image out to parlors to try to ID him or get a location? My guess is that tattoo was not a one time sitting...so he had to be somewhere for a little while.

Also keep in mind, this is after a year of hospitalization, weighing 85 lbs.

I wonder why they do not list the weight upon hospital admission. I work in healthcare, and this is something that is tracked every day, even if the person is in the ICU.

I also wonder how they know that he was going by the name "Stephen". They had to get that information from someone, or from documents in his possession.

Do we know if they ever ran his DNA through a search? Sorry if that's too obvious a question, I just don't know if that was customary in the mid-1990s

Here's your guy. I thought I already submitted this one a year ago. Hmmm

tim-smart2.jpg"
tim-smart2.jpg

Timothy Smart
NamUs MP # 2521
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/2521/0/

Thank You CarlK for being so kind to get the pic up.
Right height, right hair, right timeframe. I can see how maybe he hitchhiked, fell asleep, missed his stop and ended up in Georgia instead of South Carolina... you never know what happens on the road.
Everything but the tattoos fits. They make no mention that Tim had tattoos but they didn't say that he didn't.

And whether he was in a nursing home or the hospital, they should have been feeding him in some manner. 85 lbs for a 6 ft man is about the weight of his bones.... that's .... nevermind, I'm not going to go there tonight.

Timothy Smart's Virgo tattoo does not correspond to his birthdate. His birthday was July 4, which would make him a Cancer. Virgo runs from Aug 23 - Sep 22.

you are correct there. May not be his birthday.. maybe his girlfriends... or who knows why people put tattoos on themselves.

I think it's worth a try. what do you think?

I'm not convinced that is supposed to say Virgo.. Looks like a cover up of something else to me.... but it might be.

The tattoo almost looks like it was supposed to be an ambigram (readable upside down and right side up) based on a design like this one Ambigram - Virgo | Flickr - Photo Sharing!. The flourish at the end of the O looks like it could make a V and a dotted I upside-down. It doesn't look quite right upside-down, but if someone was freehanding it or trying to describe a design they saw, I could see it coming out like this!

It seems the sketch may be misleading about the eyes a bit? Take a look at the PM pic at Porchlight...his eyes appear much darker...unless eyes are known to darken during/after death?
Just pontificating ^_^

I think they look a lot alike. forehead, bridge of the nose, upper lip, hair...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milkjug
Back