GA GA - Gloria Baird, 23, Atlanta, Dec 1969

Name : Gloria Jean Baird
12/31/69 – Allegedly last seen at a party in Atlanta, GA

Jimmy Clyde Goodman Research – Info obtained through Internet and court records
12/16/69 – Incarceration Began – Reason Unknown
**07/24/71: Incarceration ends; No case number
**Georgia Department of Corrections

I may have missed something in this thread, but it looks like Goodman was incarcerated when she went missing.

This thread caught my eye because I worked as a civilian at Ft McClellan from 1975 until 1995 when it closed. The Women's Army Corp Headquarters was located there until it was dissolved, probably in the late 70's, when women became regular Army. I still live in the area and there is a WAC Museum nearby. If I'm not mistaken, it is maintained by former WAC personnel. Possibly someone there might know where you could find records that you would be interested in. This probably wouldn't help you find out what happened, but you might could find photos, etc. I would be glad to check with them if you want me to, or I could give you contact info.
Sincerely wishing you the best in your search.

http://honorguard.org/wac.html
"The Women's Army Corps Museum is the only museum in the States dedicated to women in the military service! The 12,000 square foot museum is located 10 miles north of I-20 on Alabama Route 21, north of Anniston, Alabama, on Fort McClellan, the former home of the Women's Army Corps and site of the Women's Army Corps Memorial Chapel.
The half million dollar museum--financed entirely by donations from active duty, retired, and former members of the Women's Army Auxiliary Corps and the Women's Army Corps, friends, and local civilian supporters--was given to the United States Army in 1978."

Johnny Clyde was in and out of jail/prison beginning in what appears to be 1969. Johnny’s sister, Jackie, advised that Gloria was seen at a New Years Eve party and she was seen leaving with 3 men. I'm not sure she died that day. I'm not sure who those 3 men were; however, I have heard that she lived in a house in Louisiana where 3 men were observed to be living as well. That was in 1968.

Jackie hasn’t talked to me personally and neither has their mother who is still alive. I have asked Jimmy’s brother to ask Jackie to talk to me or to at least provide her brother with information as to where the party was located, the date of the party and information on the 3 men. She was at this party with them and I wonder if she knew them. Jackie has not contacted me.

It's very possible that Johnny Goodman was incarcerated for the entire stint and released in 1971; however, there is a lot that could have happened during that time. I'm not convinced that the information found on the Internet (Georgia Dept of Corrections) is all that accurate. He might have gone into jail, came out, violated his probation, thrown back in and then released in 1971. You just never know. These kinds of websites don't always go into that much detail.

Johnny Clyde’s brother admitted to not really knowing Jimmy as each brother grew up with a different parent. When asked whether Jimmy had some violent tendencies or could possibly harm Gloria, he and his wife said that Jimmy was one of the nicest people, sweet natured, wouldn't harm anything, etc. I don't think they really knew him when he drank.

I'm not certain that what Jackie told me was correct. This was a long time ago and the party might have been before Christmas or between Christmas and New Years. Gloria was suppose to show up at her parent’s house for Christmas and never did. She was a bit of a partier it seems and I guess my grandparents didn't really think twice about it.

Gloria's car was found abandoned and I've always assumed it was found the day after that party; but, that's just an assumption based on what people have told me. No one can provide me good information about when or exactly where the vehicle was found, other than it being in Atlanta. All I've heard is that the vehicle was handed over to my grandfather, who then handed it over to his brother. My grandmother and her daughter are ADAMENT that the car was found in Atlanta. **Side note: I've talked to several people about this and one person says that she received the car from her father after the vehicle was found in Florida. Her father was my grandfather's brother. So, this whole vehicle thing has given me headache. Due to the fact that it was her parents who received the car first, I'm assuming Atlanta.

Anyway, so many things are possible. She could have changed identities, flown to another country, was killed in LA, killed in GA, killed in FL. What I do know is that she was suppose to be back at the based on a certain day and wasn't. The Social Security Administration told me that her SSN hasn't been used since 1969. Her parents and her sister haven't heard from her. From what I've come to believe about her, I don't think she would ever stop calling her father. They were apparently close.

Haven't posted anything in a while; but, I check this site when I can. I don't have anything new to report. I do get the inquiry or two from those who are curious, and I appreciate the inquiries. Been working a lot trying to help build a business and it's consumed my life for the time being. Hope everyone's well. Stephanie

Just wanted you guys to know that the Gloria Jean website has matured a bit. I'm still going to be adding notes from my diary that I've kept over the years on this project; but, there's some good information there with more to come. I keep my updates in the blog and you're free to make comments as well! Check out www.whereisgloriajean.com.

Stephanie

Yet another missing woman/girl from Atlanta in the late 1960s! Earlier in the thread resemblances to Mary Little's case was mentioned.

I see a LOT of resemblances. Both young women were about the same age, vanished seemingly without a trace, and cars were far abandoned.

i was looking at the updates on Doe Network today & came upon this UID who was found in McDonough, Henry County, Georgia, and i immediately thought of Gloria Baird...what do you all think???

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/231ufga.html

& Gloria's Charley Project:

http://charleyproject.org/cases/b/baird_gloria.html

it says they only found a skull & the estimated date of death is 1973 BUT that could very well be off.

note: i am not sure if this person has already been ruled out because the links that GOLDEN posted a couple of years ago are no longer valid. apologies if she alread has been ruled out. it's the shape of the face--i think they are very similar.

and Stephanie, my thoughts and prayers are with you & i hope you will find out what happened to Gloria.

note: i am not sure if this person has already been ruled out because the links that GOLDEN posted a couple of years ago are no longer valid. apologies if she alread has been ruled out. it's the shape of the face--i think they are very similar.

and Stephanie, my thoughts and prayers are with you & i hope you will find out what happened to Gloria.

sorry, I meant GOLDHEARTNUMB...

& bumping...anyone? not sure if I should have posted this else where, so apologies if I should have.

i was looking at the updates on Doe Network today & came upon this UID who was found in McDonough, Henry County, Georgia, and i immediately thought of Gloria Baird...what do you all think???

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/231ufga.html

& Gloria's Charley Project:

http://charleyproject.org/cases/b/baird_gloria.html

it says they only found a skull & the estimated date of death is 1973 BUT that could very well be off.

bumping...perhaps I should have posted this elsewhere? anyway, what do you all think?

Kitbits, have you gotten any input on this UID and possible relation to Baird's case? Unless she has been ruled out, further investigation into this is definitely in order... the UID's remains were found just 30 miles south of Atlanta, where Gloria was last seen.

Kitbits, have you gotten any input on this UID and possible relation to Baird's case? Unless she has been ruled out, further investigation into this is definitely in order... the UID's remains were found just 30 miles south of Atlanta, where Gloria was last seen.

hi, Truman--nope I've not done anything yet because I wanted to get a bit of input first...and I've never submitted anything yet, so need to double-check the recommended procedure. I was hoping anyone who has been following the case might have a bit of insight, but you're my first response. I'm wondering if I should post it under The Unidentified as a separate post & that way perhaps more people will notice & I'll get more feedback.

I take it you think it's a good possibility, which is definitely encouraging! And thanks for the geographical info...I lived in Atlanta many years ago for just over a year & was thinking that it isn't too far.

Perhaps I will start another thread, unless I get more feedback here. I'm anxious to know what to do! thanks again!

I definitely think you should contact the LE that Stephanie listed earlier in this thread! If they have already ruled her out, that would be good to know.

I was also thinking about it from this angle: If they have already ruled her out, perhaps LE knows more about the Jane Doe-- like why her DOD is listed as '73? (Many postings state if the range of dates could be years before... because of decomp, sorry to be graphic there)... If Jane Doe's DOD is really specific to '73 because of how she was found, that would help others in identifying her as well.

And, there's also a chance that Gloria was missing for a couple of years before she was killed? After Jaycee's story, I don't think we can rule out any scenario in regard to the missing!

Just my :twocents:

I definitely think you should contact the LE that Stephanie listed earlier in this thread! If they have already ruled her out, that would be good to know.

I was also thinking about it from this angle: If they have already ruled her out, perhaps LE knows more about the Jane Doe-- like why her DOD is listed as '73? (Many postings state if the range of dates could be years before... because of decomp, sorry to be graphic there)... If Jane Doe's DOD is really specific to '73 because of how she was found, that would help others in identifying her as well.

And, there's also a chance that Gloria was missing for a couple of years before she was killed? After Jaycee's story, I don't think we can rule out any scenario in regard to the missing!

Just my :twocents:

thanks Annie Oakley!

Yeah, I agree & I was thinking that if they made the determination of her DOD in 1973, well, they could have been wrong because the research/technology is so much better now. I was thinking of the University of Tennessee Anthropological Research Facility, aka 'The Body Farm' & Dr William Bass who started it. I listened to an interview with him & he said that he founded the research facility because in the early 70s, he was asked to give an estimated DOD for some skeletal remains. Well, he gave them a rather recent date, but it turned out that they were from the Civil War era!

Anyway, I was reminded of what he said & the research that his error led him to & others to & her features are so spot on to my eyes...well, got to give these things a go, you know?

thank you again for your support...I will let everyone know the moment I hear something!

Florida and Georgia Jane Does listings from Doe Network:waitasec:
http://www.doenetwork.org/
Go to "Index of Unidentified Victims":
Go to "Unidentified Victims" Option 3 {Geographic Index}
Go to "United States"
Go to States-listed from earliest to latest

I'm going to be asking the detective again working on this case to see whether he can have my DNA matched against Sharon Marshall's. You never know....

Just a question? ~ Has anyone gone through the court system to have Gloria declared deceased? It can be done. It was done within my own family (long story).

Secondly, if that has been done that paperwork could be submitted to the Military. They won't change her status IMHO but it will open the doors to request any information or paperwork they hold.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoyaMathilde
Back