Found Deceased GA - Kyle Clinkscales, 23, LaGrange, 27 Jan 1976 *car found in 2021*

April 23, 2024

ATLANTA, Ga. (Atlanta News First) - The Troup County Sheriff’s Office on Tuesday announced the closure of a 48-year-old cold case involving the disappearance of Kyle Clinkscales, a 22-year-old Auburn University student from LaGrange.

The sheriff’s office said the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) medical examiner has listed the manner of Clinkscales’ death as “undetermined.” Authorities said the case is now considered closed unless new information comes to light.

Troup County Sheriff James Woodruff thanked his team of investigators, the GBI and the Chambers County Sheriff’s Office “for their hard work to finally close this case after more than four decades.”

I have to agree that it was probably right to close the case. Despite the suspicions from earlier in the case this looks to be an accident.
The car was found where it would have been easy to drive off the road, but hard to stage an accident IMO.

I’m very disappointed in the Sheriff Office’s press release. I think they could’ve done a much better job of relaying the facts and clearing up rumors. Now the majority of the locals think they are covering up something sinister. One of the investigators did reply on a comment that the GBI did not find any bullet holes in Kyle’s skull, so I think that was just a rumor. I heard it in several places, both online and in face to face. I don’t think that makes it any more true though.

You can read the press release and all of the comments on the official Troup County Sheriff Departments Facebook page.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675
Back