GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not thinking positively at this point. I think the media would have a hayday or DNA DAY if they knew something else significant was in. Somehow they seem to know all. LOL. Dont' know if they can get a DNA sample yet. What does that mean if they can't?!

BBM: I do think the media folks (well, a few folks connected at least) may likely know a few things that most of us don't and for sure expect that they hear all the rumors. But when it comes to the DNA evidence, I don't know -- they may have some rumors but I don't think they know anything solid beyond what's being reported. I think LE/DA are holding whatever they may have further in that department really tight ...understandably.

TRUE!! I should restate, I meant cold blooded killers.

Also, it appears by tax records and maps, SM's grandfathers land does not front the river, but the acreage behind him does. His grandfather has about 60 some acres. Still, all very wooded.

In regards to postings about the use of the land for a dumping ground posted earlier by many. WOW, I think the river across the street from him is the more likely place. However, I think they like to scatter it so to confuse the case. At any rate. He had a helluva lot to do from Saturday, say midnight, til Tuesday bright and early when he attended class, probably wouldnt' be wise to drop anything on family land, but all rivers run long so ANYWHERE would work, why drive there? Also, I wonder about the spring st exit from 75, if he used the woods on either side of the hiway there for dumping, it's so thick! SURELY it was searched when searching the river, it's just beside the park on the river front, unkempt,

Thanks for researching that, tomkat, I was just going by the Telegraph article calling the grandfather's place "Flint River property" -- guess they just mean in close proximity. Still, Oriah mentioned water, and it's not far away.... I thought the state park might be a place the family has visited over the years and thus might be somewhat familiar to SM. And the area is less populated than the Macon area.

Very likely, though, that the Ocmulgee around Macon might be more likely, for the reasons you mention.

Thanks for researching that, tomkat, I was just going by the Telegraph article calling the grandfather's place "Flint River property" -- guess they just mean in close proximity. Still, Oriah mentioned water, and it's not far away.... I thought the state park might be a place the family has visited over the years and thus might be somewhat familiar to SM. And the area is less populated than the Macon area.

Very likely, though, that the Ocmulgee around Macon might be more likely, for the reasons you mention.

Off to look at that area also, Backwoods. Thank you.

It's been posted, JoeFromLB, but thank you just the same. Hope to see more posts from you.

HAHA, yes you DID, I had a longwinded moment. I DO, I DO too, wonder as you. SM did say that, he said, "TODAY" so emphasized.

I do think SM was to be moving as well. Did I read that correctly Bessie? I know you save the articles. When his parents moved him out that week he was incarcerated, I THOUGHT I'd read in that articl that he would have been moving too after bar exam, near or soon after lauren. Is that weird then? If this is a game, he's definitely in it. If this is a game, he had to do it before she left. She was the ONLY one or one of the very few that treated him with respect and included him. What a target. And right next door. I dont' know so just speculating. He seemed normal with his grandpa the article said I think, so how do you have that in your head, going on property tours with grandpa, knowing you will be doing that. Just weird. Not blaming her, just stating who I think people target. Those most trusting.
Tomkat, I don't think we ever established that he had definite plans to move out, but Lauren certainly did.

Going back to the very beginning of this case and one of my first posts, I've always believed McD took advantage of poor Lauren's trusting nature. Key or no key, I think she would've let him right in because he appeared so harmless, like he wouldn't hurt a fly. :sick:

In regards to postings about the use of the land for a dumping ground posted earlier by many. WOW, I think the river across the street from him is the more likely place. However, I think they like to scatter it so to confuse the case. At any rate. He had a helluva lot to do from Saturday, say midnight, til Tuesday bright and early when he attended class, probably wouldnt' be wise to drop anything on family land, but all rivers run long so ANYWHERE would work, why drive there?
respectfully snipped for focus
I agree with this entire paragraph, but particularly with the sentence I bolded. I also agree and appreciate what Backwoods pointed out about the other bodies of water, but IMO, right across the street is the more likely spot. I know there were searches along the river bank, but how about the water itself? I remember the diver going in the water, but I'm not sure of the location or the scope of the dive. Does anyone recall the details?

To refresh our memories about the river search, from August 3rd:
Tuesday afternoon, one of Giddings’ relatives tromped through water that was at times waist deep, searching for plastic trash bags that might contain severed body parts.

He didn’t want his name printed, but with a golf club-- a six-iron to poke at trash and whack snakes -- he scoured the riverbed between the Spring Street boat ramp and the Otis Redding Memorial Bridge for hours, hoping to find some trace of the slain Mercer law school graduate.

Although police searched along the river in the days after Giddings’ body was discovered, officers didn’t search in the water, Burns said Tuesday.

“We were told due to the current that everything would be downstream,” he said.

There are several bodies of water in and near Macon. But it comes down to time and opportunity. Lake Tobesofkee isn't very far away but I am still really interested to know if MD would have even had the chance to drive south to grandpa's or if the Ocmulgee wouldn't have made more sense.

There are several bodies of water in and near Macon. But it comes down to time and opportunity. Lake Tobesofkee isn't very far away but I am still really interested to know if MD would have even had the chance to drive south to grandpa's or if the Ocmulgee wouldn't have made more sense.

I think you are correct, Mrs.Peacock. The timing just doesn't add up any other way- at least any other way that I can find.
I do wonder about the Lloyds Shoal dam. :(

Hello Sleuthers , from close to Ground Zero, I have some information that may answer a few questions. It was reported last night on Channel 41 News that the indictment that DA Winters will present has not even been drawn up yet . They also said that McD is looking a lot better. Sources indicate that yes, they do have McD's DNA . The FBI still has a ways to go on the over 200 pieces of evidence. Sources are uncertain if LE searched Grandpa's farm, but if they haven't I think it would be an excellent idea. Also, McD is now recording in a journal everything that is happening to him, who he talks to, what they say , what he has to eat every day , etc. Sounds like he is out of his self induced zombie state and gearing up for his fifteen minutes of fame

Hello Sleuthers , from close to Ground Zero, I have some information that may answer a few questions. It was reported last night on Channel 41 News that the indictment that DA Winters will present has not even been drawn up yet . They also said that McD is looking a lot better. Sources indicate that yes, they do have McD's DNA . The FBI still has a ways to go on the over 200 pieces of evidence. Sources are uncertain if LE searched Grandpa's farm, but if they haven't I think it would be an excellent idea. Also, McD is now recording in a journal everything that is happening to him, who he talks to, what they say , what he has to eat every day , etc. Sounds like he is out of his self induced zombie state and gearing up for his fifteen minutes of fame

Thanks, AgentFrank- please please please tell all locals to report anything odd along the Ocmulgee river landings, as well as the launches- both the upper and lower. TIA.

I think you are correct, Mrs.Peacock. The timing just doesn't add up any other way- at least any other way that I can find.
I do wonder about the Lloyds Shoal dam. :(

Lake Juliette?

Thanks for the info, AgentFrank.

BBM: Are you saying that you get from your sources that yes, they have a DNA sample for comparison or yes, they have SM's DNA identified on forensic evidence? (Just to clarify.)

I can't find anything on the Channel 41 website about the story from last night. Here is the homepage link if anyone wants to try their luck or in case they post it later: http://www.41nbc.com/

respectfully snipped for focus
I agree with this entire paragraph, but particularly with the sentence I bolded. I also agree and appreciate what Backwoods pointed out about the other bodies of water, but IMO, right across the street is the more likely spot. I know there were searches along the river bank, but how about the water itself? I remember the diver going in the water, but I'm not sure of the location or the scope of the dive. Does anyone recall the details?

The BANK, the river bank is the land that slopes off to the water, right? There is a park at the spring st exit off that bank, then closer to I75, raw wooded, brush and trees exist. This is land on the edge of the road, along the interstate, away from Park and river

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.as...y,+Georgia&cp=32.806709~-83.697937&FORM=MIRE1

If you go here, you will have to zoom in, I dont' know how to share a "birdseye view" of the map, but zoom a few times until you can see Spring St or Riverside then youcan see the exit ramp by the river and the park. Click on "birds eye" view and you can see what I am talking about. There is a road that drives down from MartinLuther King blvd, just next to the exit ramp from the interstate, there is teh river adn the bank, the park, road and then raw land nearer to the hiway. Actually a place to drive down in that area.

Well, this guy did his homework. He's sitting in prison NOW< keeping notes of everything going on. IF HE"S GUILTY, lol, his strategy and the game continues.

Also does LE's work continue. If he planned this the way he is plotting now in prison. There's something to worry about I s'pose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod