GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just visit Macon a couple times a year and always in the Arkwright Road area. I'm not very familiar with most of Macon. I've noticed a little park like area/jogging path on the right where I-75 merges into the Macon end of I-16. Is this the area ya'll are discussing?

The BANK, the river bank is the land that slopes off to the water, right? There is a park at the spring st exit off that bank, then closer to I75, raw wooded, brush and trees exist. This is land on the edge of the road, along the interstate, away from Park and river
The area near Rose Hill Cemetery was searched. I don't know how extensively, though, or if the land across the tracks was included.

Hello Sleuthers , from close to Ground Zero, I have some information that may answer a few questions. It was reported last night on Channel 41 News that the indictment that DA Winters will present has not even been drawn up yet . They also said that McD is looking a lot better. Sources indicate that yes, they do have McD's DNA . The FBI still has a ways to go on the over 200 pieces of evidence. Sources are uncertain if LE searched Grandpa's farm, but if they haven't I think it would be an excellent idea. Also, McD is now recording in a journal everything that is happening to him, who he talks to, what they say , what he has to eat every day , etc. Sounds like he is out of his self induced zombie state and gearing up for his fifteen minutes of fame
Thanks for the update! :detective::bow: I'm going to *advertiser censored*ume you mean that they have a sample of McD's DNA, and not that they've found his DNA on the evidence. That's fine for now. I'm just relieved to know there is a sample for comparison purposes.

I just visit Macon a couple times a year and always in the Arkwright Road area. I'm not very familiar with most of Macon. I've noticed a little park like area/jogging path on the right where I-75 merges into the Macon end of I-16. Is this the area ya'll are discussing?
Yes. Lauren was known to jog around Rose Hill Cemetery.

Hello Sleuthers , from close to Ground Zero, I have some information that may answer a few questions. It was reported last night on Channel 41 News that the indictment that DA Winters will present has not even been drawn up yet . They also said that McD is looking a lot better. Sources indicate that yes, they do have McD's DNA . The FBI still has a ways to go on the over 200 pieces of evidence. Sources are uncertain if LE searched Grandpa's farm, but if they haven't I think it would be an excellent idea. Also, McD is now recording in a journal everything that is happening to him, who he talks to, what they say , what he has to eat every day , etc. Sounds like he is out of his self induced zombie state and gearing up for his fifteen minutes of fame

^above^ BBM.. Sounds as tho possibly even preparations for a book down the road when he's aquitted of all charges.. Wouldn't doubt it in the least in his warped mind!!

Dream on, Stevie McD, Dream on!!

I'm still not seeing on the Channel 41 website anything of the report regarding Winters and status of any indictment against McDaniel that AgentFrank heard last night. Anybody having better luck?

I don't use that web site very often; does anyone know if they normally post most of their stories from the broadcast?

Sorry for being unclear. I meant to say that yes, they have a sample of McD's DNA to evaluate for forensic purposes, I do not know if they have found McD's DNA on any of the evidence.

The BANK, the river bank is the land that slopes off to the water, right? There is a park at the spring st exit off that bank, then closer to I75, raw wooded, brush and trees exist. This is land on the edge of the road, along the interstate, away from Park and river

Thanks, tomkat. Are you familiar with that overpass just before the Spring St exit (I think it is that exit- last time I was there, there was construction going on and I got lost.) There is the four lane divided, and on the S side of the hwy there is river access? Is that correct, do you know?

Sorry for being unclear. I meant to say that yes, they have a sample of McD's DNA to evaluate for forensic purposes, I do not know if they have found McD's DNA on any of the evidence.

Do you happen to know how it was obtained, AgentFrank? (We have had a lot of discussion and research that indicated Ga. law did not allow a compulsory sample on arrest or probable cause, but there was uncertainty. A federal arrest would be different, but... .)

Interesting. I just read this on people.com in an article about Case Anthony. It's talking about video of her after she watched a news report of remains being found that were later revealed as Caylee's:

"In court on Wednesday, a media organization argued for the release of a jailhouse video of Casey watching TV news reports saying police found remains, which turned out to be her missing daughter, 2-year-old Caylee.

According to detectives, Anthony doubled over and hyperventilated before asking for a sedative in the video."

This reminds me of how SM seemed to be hyperventilating in his interview footage after he was told that a body had been discovered.

Read full article about Anthony here: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20532760,00.html

Do you happen to know how it was obtained, AgentFrank? (We have had a lot of discussion and research that indicated Ga. law did not allow a compulsory sample on arrest or probable cause, but there was uncertainty. A federal arrest would be different, but... .)
Not exactly, but my theory is that it was part of one of the search warrants.

Thanks, tomkat. Are you familiar with that overpass just before the Spring St exit (I think it is that exit- last time I was there, there was construction going on and I got lost.) There is the four lane divided, and on the S side of the hwy there is river access? Is that correct, do you know?

Hardeman forsyth exit? That exit is before the curve going over the river and tracks which leads to Spring St exit. So as you merge right after Hardeman Forsyth exit, (i think that's the one before), you will pass over the tracks and river and you can see Rose hill cemetery beyond the river on your right, if you like to live dangerously, lol, quick look, THAT brings you to the exit which is spring st, SO if you STAY right as you cross the river and tracks and then TURN right at the light, YES there is a short piece of road, just as you make the right there is another bridge and the road is just on your right again before going over Ocmulgee again, that leads to the park setting down by the river

I dont' recall road construction, been a few weeks i was by there however

Hope that makes sense

Are you all talking about the landing where there is a big staircase and a statue? That's on the corner of Spring St? I thought they searched that area. IMO I don't think he would have dumped the body in that area. With the River Walk being right there, theres a lot of activity right there (not to mention the homeless people roaming around that area).

^above^ BBM.. Sounds as tho possibly even preparations for a book down the road when he's aquitted of all charges.. Wouldn't doubt it in the least in his warped mind!!

Dream on, Stevie McD, Dream on!!

:sigh: I hate to say it, but it sounds like you may be right. Just the thought makes him seem even worse to me.

Thank you Agt Lundy for your report.
I especially appreciate your succinct summation that McD is "gearing up for his fifteen minutes of fame."

'You feel so insane
It's like--who's that talking to me
Here's your 15 minutes of fame
What you gonna give me
To ease the pain, When it's all over
Won't know your name
Here's your 15 minutes of fame....
It's a risky business
It's a liar's game..."

Written by Tommy Shaw, Jack Blades, Ted Nugent

Winters says he hasn't set a date to send McDaniel before a grand jury.

He says he's still waiting to get some evidence back from the FBI.

By state law he has 90 days from the date McDaniel was charged to get him indicted.

After 90 days he says, McDaniel is entitled to bond.

But here's the catch-- McDaniel now faces three different sets of charges.

Police charged him with burglary in June, murder in the beginning of August, and child exploitation at the end of the month.

That means he'll probably remain in jail until at least mid-November.

That gives Winters more time to wait on evidence.

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/local/article/146456/153/The-Giddings-Case-Three-Months-Later
From your link Backwoods-

I don't like the way the bolded sentence is phrased, lol. I know Winters will bring forward the indictment prior to the time the statutory period ends, but it's unsettling to even think there is a chance he could post a bond.

What the heck is up with those blue gloves? BB says they were "new and unused", there was no blood on them? What kind of chicanery was Buford or the PI up too?

Thought I would link this story on the Laura Ackerson case. The Coroner who performed her autopsy could not determine COD. Since this case is a little further along than Lauren's I thought it might bear watching to see how they put the evidence together and charges are formed.

http://www.enctoday.com/news/conclude-76074-kfpress-coroners-death.html

From your link Backwoods-

I don't like the way the bolded sentence is phrased, lol. I know Winters will bring forward the indictment prior to the time the statutory period ends, but it's unsettling to even think there is a chance he could post a bond.

What the heck is up with those blue gloves? BB says they were "new and unused", there was no blood on them? What kind of chicanery was Buford or the PI up too?

Thought I would link this story on the Laura Ackerson case. The Coroner who performed her autopsy could not determine COD. Since this case is a little further along than Lauren's I thought it might bear watching to see how they put the evidence together and charges are formed.

http://www.enctoday.com/news/conclude-76074-kfpress-coroners-death.html

There are some obvious similarities to Laura. The two that murdered Laura certainly took huge risks in transporting her remains a VERY long distance. Both of these cases are so very sad and so very unnecessary! :banghead: :sick:

It is amazing to me how close to his "senario" that McD is following. The prosecution must be shaking their head in disbelief that he continued to have the zoned out mode, then the "they say I did something" mode...

I have thought for a while that his motive may be simple. He may just want to prove his "brilliance" at outsmarting LE. It may just be plain and simple overbearing pride.

Interesting. I just read this on people.com in an article about Case Anthony. It's talking about video of her after she watched a news report of remains being found that were later revealed as Caylee's:

"In court on Wednesday, a media organization argued for the release of a jailhouse video of Casey watching TV news reports saying police found remains, which turned out to be her missing daughter, 2-year-old Caylee.

According to detectives, Anthony doubled over and hyperventilated before asking for a sedative in the video."

This reminds me of how SM seemed to be hyperventilating in his interview footage after he was told that a body had been discovered.

Read full article about Anthony here: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20532760,00.html

I just saw that video. It does remind me of SM's reaction to body being found. Some could interpret it as simply finding out the worst about their beloved . After the facts tho, one can realize the difference in those conceptions

Very interesting, too bad juries don't get to see all the evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member