GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strangely so, it was only 5 days after this she went missing, Did he SNAP? Was it premeditated, was it that his perfect target for his game was leaving or was it that his love was leaving?

What would have triggered a "heat of the moment" type situation?

snipped you a lot, TomKat, just for the purpose of focusing in on what I left, because what you say there reminds me: I've always wondered when and how SM found out that Lauren would be moving. We know that he knew by the time of the infamous interview, because he states: "She was supposed to move out...today" (or something very similar).

But had he known for awhile, or did he find out suddenly, there toward the end? (I assume, since they had finished school, he knew in a general way she would likely be moving on ...but what I mean is, did he know any specifics? Did they talk about things like that?)

I've even wondered if, when she was gone for -- what...a week or so? -- in conjunction with preparations for her sister's wedding and the wedding itself -- did he know where she was? Or did he maybe think she had already moved away?

In a similar vein, I still wonder what plans SM had, and when his lease was to be up...what (if anything specific) was supposed to be ahead for him.

I know you don't know the answers to these questions, just saying that they could tie in to some of what you were pondering.

respectfully snipped for focus
Buford did ask Patterson if McD asked to see a doctor or paramedic during either of the two searches, and Patterson responded with a resounding "no." That also calls to mind the detective supporting his arm as they walked up the stairs to his apartment.

Thanks for clarifying this for me, bessie. It has bummed me out that I couldn't re-watch the whole hearing to focus in on that and a few other little things I didn't catch clearly the first time around.

McD's behavior is so baffling to me.
And I can't understand the apparent lack of physical evidence, compounded by the alleged dog 'hits.'

One part of me thinks he is schizophrenic. Another thinks he was on something. And then yet another thinks-jeez, has he had a head CT...?

If one or all of these might possibly be accurate- what would his thinking process be, in terms of Lauren? And where would he have gone after committing such a horrible crime?
My first thought is water.

snipped you a lot, TomKat, just for the purpose of focusing in on what I left, because what you say there reminds me: I've always wondered when and how SM found out that Lauren would be moving. We know that he knew by the time of the infamous interview, because he states: "She was supposed to move out...today" (or something very similar).

But had he known for awhile, or did he find out suddenly, there toward the end? (I assume, since they had finished school, he knew in a general way she would likely be moving on ...but what I mean is, did he know any specifics? Did they talk about things like that?)

I've even wondered if, when she was gone for -- what...a week or so? -- in conjunction with preparations for her sister's wedding and the wedding itself -- did he know where she was? Or did he maybe think she had already moved away?

In a similar vein, I still wonder what plans SM had, and when his lease was to be up...what (if anything specific) was supposed to be ahead for him.

I know you don't know the answers to these questions, just saying that they could tie in to some of what you were pondering.

HAHA, yes you DID, I had a longwinded moment. I DO, I DO too, wonder as you. SM did say that, he said, "TODAY" so emphasized.

I do think SM was to be moving as well. Did I read that correctly Bessie? I know you save the articles. When his parents moved him out that week he was incarcerated, I THOUGHT I'd read in that articl that he would have been moving too after bar exam, near or soon after lauren. Is that weird then? If this is a game, he's definitely in it. If this is a game, he had to do it before she left. She was the ONLY one or one of the very few that treated him with respect and included him. What a target. And right next door. I dont' know so just speculating. He seemed normal with his grandpa the article said I think, so how do you have that in your head, going on property tours with grandpa, knowing you will be doing that. Just weird. Not blaming her, just stating who I think people target. Those most trusting.

And I can't understand the apparent lack of physical evidence, compounded by the alleged dog 'hits.'

One part of me thinks he is schizophrenic. Another thinks he was on something. And then yet another thinks-jeez, has he had a head CT...?

If one or all of these might possibly be accurate- what would his thinking process be, in terms of Lauren? And where would he have gone after committing such a horrible crime?

I'm with you on that one!!! WHERE Is the evidence???!!!!

CT would be interesting too

Killers are always psychopaths. Could be more too. SO maybe that sums it up. Whether he meant to or was having an outer body experience "so-to-speak" from some other personality disorder. If he's guilty. He's not right. We just will never understand it. Sick psychopath. Sad too!

respectfully snipped for focus
Buford did ask Patterson if McD asked to see a doctor or paramedic during either of the two searches, and Patterson responded with a resounding "no." That also calls to mind the detective supporting his arm as they walked up the stairs to his apartment.

OH MY GOSH, I just saw that yesterday for the first time. DAMSEL IN DISTRESS??? Playing it up...........if he's guilty. If nothing else comes back, will he walk????

I looked up where grandpa lives, and it's only a little over an hour from Macon. Quite a bit of his property is wooded too.

Where is it?? What county is that? I tried looking on tax records but no name by his grandpas first name. If I was in the right county

Still not convinced of his guilt here. On that side, though, I keep remembering what someone (sorry I can't remember for sure who) suggested here after the commitment hearing -- that LE might have had, by that time, some type of informal or verbal confirmation (or strong "hint"", shall we say) about forensic results linking SM but with the formal report purposely held back by whatever agency at that point ... to guard against defense gaining knowledge of it at the hearing.

By now, though -- well, I would think it would have come on through formally.

How about now? since the comparison of his postings and what he is actually doing that mimics those postings since incarcerated or suspected?

Now, I think I'm just stunned by the LACK of forensics !!

How about now? since the comparison of his postings and what he is actually doing that mimics those postings since incarcerated or suspected?

But we just don't know at this point. We don't know what they do and don't have. My opinion is that they do have it, but I can understand how other people would think that they don't. Individual perceptions based on our experiences and interpretations. I haven't been following closely due to work. Was it ever decided if LE could legally get a DNA sample from SM? I was dumbfounded to learn that a sample could not be gotten due to probable cause like finding foreign DNA on Lauren's torso. Also, does anyone know if Bibb County makes public the cases that will be presented to a certain grand jury? I think we are at a standstill until the case (when and if) is brought before a grand jury.

BBM: Oriah, the Flint River apparently runs through or bounds the grandfather's property, according to the article.

And tomkat, you mentioned the Ocmulgee River (in Macon) again a few posts back, but think of the Flint. I believe it is a feature of that state park you mentioned (when you were looking in Upson, rather than Pike, County on your search), isn't it? I think that state park would be another possibility, BTW. I am not sure how large it is...?

ETA: Now I know -- 1,372 acres. Here is a link to info about Sprewell Bluff State Park (on Flint River, near SM's grandfather's place, and mentioned in article about SM's grandfather) for any who are interested:
http://www.gastateparks.org/SprewellBluff

I'm with you on that one!!! WHERE Is the evidence???!!!!

CT would be interesting too

Killers are always psychopaths. Could be more too. SO maybe that sums it up. Whether he meant to or was having an outer body experience "so-to-speak" from some other personality disorder. If he's guilty. He's not right. We just will never understand it. Sick psychopath. Sad too!

tomkat, I can't agree that killers are always psychopaths. Some people kill in "the heat of the moment", for example, and then suffer true remorse. I don't think they're psychopaths. (Nor are all psychopaths killers -- though I wonder if they don't all have the capacity to be, under a given set of circumstances.)

Your question above -- "How about now?" -- referenced a post of mine from a little while back in which I said I was still not convinced that SM is guilty.

And I'm still not, no. Please understand, this is not to say that he is not under heavy suspicion here! But no way am I convinced yet. I may very well be, at some point, and if I am, forthcoming forensic evidence will probably have a lot to do with convincing me.

About that kind of evidence, I wonder if it is lacking, but ... that is another thing I am in no way convinced of! That evidence may be there in plenty. We just do not know at this point. (I don't, at least.)

As far as the postings are concerned, they are probably the "evidence" that I weight least in my thinking. I see the similarities, of course, but I also see some major differences. The context is way different, for one, and for another, they don't match up exactly, from what I can tell. I don't mean that I don't ponder the postings and go hmmmm sometimes ... just that I am not sure they really are significant to what has or hasn't happened with SM and Lauren.

Several thoughts here about different issues so I apologize if it appears a bit scattered..

I agree with pearl in that we just don't know what they have against Stephen and I guess that's why at times my posts have been on the frustrated side of repeating that we do not know, nor will we know until the trial whether there is an abundance of forensics tying him to Lauren's murder(with all testing complete with results) or whether there is so very little as some have stated many times.. The truth is we just don't or won't know til trial so IMO none of us can say with any confidence, or anything to substantiate that they have an abundant amount of forensics against him or that they have very little..

I personally don't have a clue as to what amount of forensics they have or will have when they go to trial.. I know that there is some tying him to the murder but how much and how valuable or damning of an amount I don't have any idea.. I pray like hell that he made enough screw ups that allow for Lauren and her family to receive the justice they so desperately seek and I pray that our system stick it to Stephen where it hurts him most his egotistical pride that he's had in being better than, ^above^, and intelligence that far outsmarted the most brilliant of LE and States Attys offices.. I am further disgusted by this evil entity that has made a personal little game out of this beautiful woman's life.. His own personal game of sick satisfaction!! It angers me beyond belief and my blood boils when I think of his elitist attitude combined with his most deplorably vile fantasies!! He is subhuman and I fully admit I have zero and I do mean zero empathy for him.. None, not even the smallest of amounts.. I see through Stephen.. He is transparent and I see through him to what the vile and evil monster that he really is and cry for what Lauren saw in her last moments of her life.. Because it wasn't the awkward, introverted, nerdy neighbor that was with Lauren and took her from this world.. The real Stephen is what Lauren spent the last moments of her life with.. A truth that I know her precious momma will never be able to fully think on or bear to have in her conscious mind.. Lauren saw evil and with all of me I know that her precious, kind, compassionate soul knew it and recognized the evil that was before her.. It is truly a nightmare of the worst and I mean the worst kinds that are minds can comprehend with paralyzing terror of being in the presence of truest evil.. A nightmare that you and I would never forget it we'd faced it in our dreams, but to humanly be present face to face with pure evil as Lauren was.. Well.. I'm not capable of putting into words what I really feel and how badly my heart aches for that period of time that Lauren was alive and aware of what was happening to her by pure evil, it rocks my bones, it makes me shake, and I cry for her often in what she suffered and felt in those moments.. But my heart aches daily for her loved one's left for the rest of their waking days with the images in their minds of what were their beautiful sister and daughter went thru in those moments face to face with evil as well as how her beautiful body was desecrated even after her soul was gone.. They are horrors of which you and I likely will never know or have an inkling of a clue of the depths of the pain that this monster has bestowed upon many..

I have zero empathy, sympathy, nor a dot of compassion for Stephen.. And I know some may find me a bit of a monster for my lack of any compassion and my open disdain and hatred for who and what this monster is and has done.. And that's ok, too.. I feel as tho every day of life is too good for Stephen Mark McDaniel and my prayer is that it not be an act that this man is sick.. I pray to God that he is as sick as sick can be, that he is nauseated and feels horrible 24 hours a day, that his body is racked with pain and sickness and that he not be granted a moments peace of his remaining days here on earth.. I don't however have the lynch mob, vigilante type justice mentality.. That's not who or what I'm About.. I don't want or wish there to violence or harm done to him in those ways because in my faith I know here on earth that no jail cell will ever compare to the true justice and punishment that awaits him when his earthly life is over.. When he is face to face with God and will be called out for each and every deplorable thought and act that Stephen chose in his earthly life to inflict and that one of the hottest pits of hell awaits Stephen for his true punishment for what he's chosen to do.. I bet he won't be too fond of "the game" then.. The game will be up and Stephen will reap what he's sown for eternity in hell.. Only then will he be punished..

But as for the here and now I pray that he never knows peace, he never again feels joy, happiness, or even his family's warm arms around him.. He is transparent and he is a monster and IMO the warm arms of his family that cry tears of sorrow for him daily.. They never meant a damn thing to Stephen McDaniel.. I believe he willingly took them down with him and his evil choices and he never gave a damn about any of them.. His grandfather has seen this real Stephen and I believe it likely scared the literal hell out of him and he had to get away and he's chosen to not go back.. He realizes and sees what is there the dark and evil that I too see.. His own family that loves him even sees.. I have nothing for this individual and evil gets no parting gifts in my world, period..

Rant over.

BBM: Oriah, the Flint River apparently runs through or bounds the grandfather's property, according to the article.

And tomkat, you mentioned the Ocmulgee River (in Macon) again a few posts back, but think of the Flint. I believe it is a feature of that state park you mentioned (when you were looking in Upson, rather than Pike, County on your search), isn't it? I think that state park would be another possibility, BTW. I am not sure how large it is...?

ETA: Now I know -- 1,372 acres. Here is a link to info about Sprewell Bluff State Park (on Flint River, near SM's grandfather's place, and mentioned in article about SM's grandfather) for any who are interested:
http://www.gastateparks.org/SprewellBluff

Thank you Backwoods- off to take a look at that...

But we just don't know at this point. We don't know what they do and don't have. My opinion is that they do have it, but I can understand how other people would think that they don't. Individual perceptions based on our experiences and interpretations. I haven't been following closely due to work. Was it ever decided if LE could legally get a DNA sample from SM? I was dumbfounded to learn that a sample could not be gotten due to probable cause like finding foreign DNA on Lauren's torso. Also, does anyone know if Bibb County makes public the cases that will be presented to a certain grand jury? I think we are at a standstill until the case (when and if) is brought before a grand jury.

I'm not thinking positively at this point. I think the media would have a hayday or DNA DAY if they knew something else significant was in. Somehow they seem to know all. LOL. Dont' know if they can get a DNA sample yet. What does that mean if they can't?!

Your question above -- "How about now?" -- referenced a post of mine from a little while back in which I said I was still not convinced that SM is guilty.

And I'm still not, no. Please understand, this is not to say that he is not under heavy suspicion here! But no way am I convinced yet. I may very well be, at some point, and if I am, forthcoming forensic evidence will probably have a lot to do with convincing me.

About that kind of evidence, I wonder if it is lacking, but ... that is another thing I am in no way convinced of! That evidence may be there in plenty. We just do not know at this point. (I don't, at least.)

As far as the postings are concerned, they are probably the "evidence" that I weight least in my thinking. I see the similarities, of course, but I also see some major differences. The context is way different, for one, and for another, they don't match up exactly, from what I can tell. I don't mean that I don't ponder the postings and go hmmmm sometimes ... just that I am not sure they really are significant to what has or hasn't happened with SM and Lauren.

Thank you for your reply. I was really just curious because I felt we were on the same page for while there, and still.........for the most part, are. I agree with your posts 100%, mine waiver and I wonder if I'm debating myself. LOL.

I agree wholeheartedly, however, his actions in regards to his postings just flabbergast me at the similarities. I also wonder, "how can you go be with your family on fathers day and be so damned normal and plan to or suddenly, sneak up on and kill or dismemeber your neighbor whom you've always been friendly to, to a degree. There may certainly be two sides to his personality, schizophrenia or something as people have mentioned and that I wondered early on as well. But he has been one person with his family and yet another with his peers, as seems to be the case from what i've read. How do you do that if you have a personality disorder that you cannot control. THiese actions, if he's guilty, seem to be controlled, I dont' think you can control your actions so in personality disorders that can be helped with meds.

HOWEVER, Psychopaths KNOW where and when their actions are acceptable or not. And act on it. Look at the others like Bundy etc. Just pure sadistic. I understand psychopaths cannot be helped with medication.

No, I do agree with you and others, we really dont' know about forensics or anthing else that LE may have, as I stated a post ago, I am not thinking positively, I am no expert but I feel that media or someone/something would have been linked if not but a HINT, and I do feel that if they don't have anything significant, this guy is innocent or will walk. JMO!

I go back and forth in my mind too, "surely HE didnt' do this, someone yes, but HOW, without a trace of evidence practically, not possible...... then.......oh yeah he did it! (after reading blogs and other evidence) Hell I have a split personality these days with my own views!!!! LOL

I really do feel for both families. They've both lost someone. It's really sickening to think of what Lauren went through, it's as equally sickening to know that her mother said things arent' getting better, but get worse by each passing day, soemthing to that effect. I imagine for SM 's mother, it's the same, she can still see him though

tomkat, I can't agree that killers are always psychopaths. Some people kill in "the heat of the moment", for example, and then suffer true remorse. I don't think they're psychopaths. (Nor are all psychopaths killers -- though I wonder if they don't all have the capacity to be, under a given set of circumstances.)

TRUE!! I should restate, I meant cold blooded killers.

Also, it appears by tax records and maps, SM's grandfathers land does not front the river, but the acreage behind him does. His grandfather has about 60 some acres. Still, all very wooded.

In regards to postings about the use of the land for a dumping ground posted earlier by many. WOW, I think the river across the street from him is the more likely place. However, I think they like to scatter it so to confuse the case. At any rate. He had a helluva lot to do from Saturday, say midnight, til Tuesday bright and early when he attended class, probably wouldnt' be wise to drop anything on family land, but all rivers run long so ANYWHERE would work, why drive there? Also, I wonder about the spring st exit from 75, if he used the woods on either side of the hiway there for dumping, it's so thick! SURELY it was searched when searching the river, it's just beside the park on the river front, unkempt,

TRUE!! I should restate, I meant cold blooded killers.

Also, it appears by tax records and maps, SM's grandfathers land does not front the river, but the acreage behind him does. His grandfather has about 60 some acres. Still, all very wooded.

In regards to postings about the use of the land for a dumping ground posted earlier by many. WOW, I think the river across the street from him is the more likely place. However, I think they like to scatter it so to confuse the case. At any rate. He had a helluva lot to do from Saturday, say midnight, til Tuesday bright and early when he attended class, probably wouldnt' be wise to drop anything on family land, but all rivers run long so ANYWHERE would work, why drive there? Also, I wonder about the spring st exit from 75, if he used the woods on either side of the hiway there for dumping, it's so thick! SURELY it was searched when searching the river, it's just beside the park on the river front, unkempt,

BBM:
There are 27 cameras in that area.
Need to be checked. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads