GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lagging a little behind, in regards to the articles from roomates....filthy doesnt' make you a murder but also some people and/or sociopaths are asexual and it would seem it goes with this unsocial intellectual types, IMO, which SMD DOES SEEM to be. As we suspected him to be anyway, but i find that interesting about the "girl" acquaintance approaching SMD for an, um, evening of romance????

But that Zombie belief, if true, would that fall in line with schizotypal personality too, that some have mentioned here before?

Also, thinking about SMD not wanting to watch gory decapitations.............maybe he's been fighting this thing longer than we know

If he's guilty................

But that Zombie belief, if true, would that fall in line with schizotypal personality too, that some have mentioned here before?

Interesting, I thought possibly schizoid personality disorder since he seemed to not care about being a recluse and had no interest in sex, but after looking up schizotypal p.d. you are right, it does fit in with the zombie fears.

More commonly, however, people with schizotypal personality disorder behave oddly and have unusual beliefs (such as aliens). They cling to these beliefs so strongly that it prevents them from having relationships.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002493/

Interesting, I thought possibly schizoid personality disorder since he seemed to not care about being a recluse and had no interest in sex, but after looking up schizotypal p.d. you are right, it does fit in with the zombie fears.

I never have understood this fascination with zombies that this younger generation has, why the Walking Dead is a popular show , etc. Maybe someone younger than me can explain it . prepare for WMAZ site to crash if they live stream it . It's been so long since we've had anything happen in tha case there should be a lot of onlookers. If Hogue makes a point of what I refer to as the V Card Barbecue post , it will be very interesting !!

The way I understand socipathy is that they basically all have a lack of conscience but there are many personality types just like anything else and can be from mild to severe.

I do believe classifying sociopaths by the most demented 1% is not the least bit accurate. Sociopaths come in all degrees, and the traits typically only manifest in some aspects of their life or in some situations. Conscience only applies to certain areas for the vast majority of us and that is why we have laws and prisons, most of us will admit there could be situations where our conscience would not limit our behavior however the fear of prison (or religion based fears) would; the fact Casey Anthony is still above ground serves as a good example.

There is also a strong tendency (or even a PC mandate) to portray infamous sociopaths as utterly evil and omit any traits or instances that show otherwise. The Nazi's were definitely some of the most infamous sociopaths in the last century yet many of the top leaders (Hitler, Goring, Himmler) were extremely concerned about animal welfare and suffering. They passed numerous laws banning experimentation, vivisection, cruel slaughterhouse procedures, even cruelty towards shellfish and many were vegetarians. They obviously showed strong sociopathic and misanthropic traits towards certain humans however they were capable of great compassion in other aspects of their life. People can mock that or say it is sick or whatever but the fact is their lack of conscience/empathy was compartmentalized.

A law imposing total ban on vivisection was enacted on August 16, 1933, by Hermann Göring as the prime minister of Prussia. He announced an end to the "unbearable torture and suffering in animal experiments" and said that those who "still think they can continue to treat animals as inanimate property" will be sent to concentration camps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_welfare_in_Nazi_Germany

In some ways our views of sociopaths are much like the old morality movies of the 50's and 60's. Everything is black and white, the good guys wear the white hats and are "100% virtuous" and bad guys are "100% evil". That went out of style in Hollywood decades ago however it still lives on in modern day psychology studies and articles.

Perhaps that concept is by design, if people really believe sociopaths are "pure evil" then when they come across a sociopathic politician, or media mogul, or Wall Street financier they will think to themselves "He can't be a sociopath, he obviously loves his dog/kids etc... and sociopaths aren't capable of love or empathy".

I do believe classifying sociopaths by the most demented 1% is not the least bit accurate. Sociopaths come in all degrees, and the traits typically only manifest in some aspects of their life or in some situations. Conscience only applies to certain areas for the vast majority of us and that is why we have laws and prisons, most of us will admit there could be situations where our conscience would not limit our behavior however the fear of prison (or religion based fears) would; the fact Casey Anthony is still above ground serves as a good example.

There is also a strong tendency (or even a PC mandate) to portray infamous sociopaths as utterly evil and omit any traits or instances that show otherwise. The Nazi's were definitely some of the most infamous sociopaths in the last century yet many of the top leaders (Hitler, Goring, Himmler) were extremely concerned about animal welfare and suffering. They passed numerous laws banning experimentation, vivisection, cruel slaughterhouse procedures, even cruelty towards shellfish and many were vegetarians. They obviously showed strong sociopathic and misanthropic traits towards certain humans however they were capable of great compassion in other aspects of their life. People can mock that or say it is sick or whatever but the fact is their lack of conscience/empathy was compartmentalized.

In some ways our views of sociopaths are much like the old morality movies of the 50's and 60's. Everything is black and white, the good guys wear the white hats and are "100% virtuous" and bad guys are "100% evil". That went out of style in Hollywood decades ago however it still lives on in modern day psychology studies and articles.

Perhaps that concept is by design, if people really believe sociopaths are "pure evil" then when they come across a sociopathic politician, or media mogul, or Wall Street financier they will think to themselves "He can't be a sociopath, he obviously loves his dog/kids etc... and sociopaths aren't capable of love or empathy".

I think the percentages are much higher than 1% now, can't recall what, but they include the minor and the major psychos I guess, or maybe there are just more of them, like agent frank stated, more zombie lovers today... but we have probably all met a sociopath in our lifetime and didnt' even know it, kind of like those that me SMD, NOW they know it. At any rate, there is the misnomer that only axe murderers are psychopaths, the experts say " not so" and I've met people whom have left me very very very confused........they might be one too...........just not murderers and they are in all walks of life. I have too much da m ned conscience and make myself crazy!! LOL. Crazy how they can treat an animal with empathy and not humans, I guess they can control them. But my dogs are nicer than some people!! LOL

So SMD might be a schizo psycho

Crazy how they can treat an animal with empathy and not humans, I guess they can control them. But my dogs are nicer than some people!! LOL

Not crazy at all for a misanthrope, and I think many of the Nazi leaders were misanthropes and not true sociopaths. Misanthropes often have strong feelings, they are often very in touch with their inner hate, at the same time many are animal lovers. I don't think it is because they can control animals, they see animals as innocent, vulnerable, loving and most importantly "not human". My best friend is a misanthropic animal rescuer, she sacrifices greatly to save animals that are in need because it really breaks her heart to see them suffer.

And heck yeah we have all met sociopaths, in some professions you can't swing a stick without hitting 5 of them.

Latest article on Macon.com.

Update: McDaniel hearing to be held as scheduled

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2012/06/19/2066150/bibb-county-prosecutors-seek-to.html#storylink=cpy
By AMY LEIGH WOMACK — awomack@macon.com

Despite a request by prosecutors that a Tuesday bond reconsideration hearing be postponed, the hearing for accused killer Stephen McDaniel will go on as scheduled at 1:30 p.m., said Franklin J. Hogue, one of McDaniel’s lawyers.Hogue said he received a letter from Chief Judge S. Phillip Brown about the hearing about 11:45 a.m.In a motion filed at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, prosecutors asked that the hearing, set for 1:30 p.m., be delayed until they receive an FBI report regarding the validity of a “Mickey Finn” Internet chat room post that was read aloud at an April 3 hearing.District Attorney Greg Winters read the posting during that hearing, in which McDaniel’s attorneys were requesting a bond on the murder charge against McDaniel in connection with the June 2011 slaying and dismemberment of Mercer law graduate Lauren Giddings.

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2012/06/19/2066150/bibb-county-prosecutors-seek-to.html

Tuesday, prosecutors asked that the hearing, set for 1:30 p.m., be delayed until they receive an FBI report regarding the validity of a “Mickey Finn” Internet chat room post that was read aloud at an April 3 hearing.[/URL]

So they found that post months ago and they are asking for more time so the FBI can verify it? They have had what, two months since that post was read in court? Let me guess, their detectives analyzed it, it looked fake so they had the GBI analyze it, and it looked fake so now they are escalating it to the FBI for their opinion?

That is ridiculous.

Who is Mr. Wood?

Wood appears to be a prosecuting attorney working on the case. I am not sure but it seems the Defense wanted to subpoena him regarding the internet post (or maybe get info that could discredit ALL of the posts?) and the prosecution doesn't want to do that, they want to hand over the FBI report instead.

I can't believe Winters is letting a female prosecutor get up and explain all of this, usually he does the talking yet in this case he doesn't want to?

Wood appears to be a prosecuting attorney working on the case. I am not sure but it seems the Defense wanted to subpoena him regarding the internet post (or maybe get info that could discredit ALL of the posts?) and the prosecution doesn't want to do that, they want to hand over the FBI report instead.

I can't believe Winters is letting a female prosecutor get up and explain all of this, usually he does the talking yet in this case he doesn't want to?

It is very suspect seeing as though she is obviously sick and coughing her head off....

The defense attorney said something to the effect that they actually wanted to subpoena Mr. Winters, not Mr. Wood. Maybe that has something to do with him not addressing the court?

I wish he would take over here, it's painful to listen to the female attorney's coughing.

(and her constant rocking in her chair is annoying to me.)

the Judge is concerned by the defendant's ability to investigate if released on bond.

(The defense attorney says McDaniel will only use computers and phones to communicate with his parents and with his attorneys, but really, how would they monitor that, MOO)

The judge doesn't know how Glenda McDaniel can make sure he doesn't use the internet? Sheesh. Uhhh....cancelling the internet service might work maybe? I have heard this judge is known to fall asleep during court too.

Honestly the prosecution comes off so badly in these hearings, unprofessional and not at all smooth. Lots of stuttering, coughing; poor public speaking skills.

The judge doesn't know how Glenda McDaniel can make sure he doesn't use the internet? Sheesh. Uhhh....disconnecting the internet service might work maybe? I have heard this judge is known to fall asleep during court too.

He was rambling all over the place at first. I couldn't understand what he was trying to say at all. I was rather, um, amazed?

He was rambling all over the place at first. I couldn't understand what he was trying to say at all. I was rather, um, amazed?

It seemed like every sentence the judge spoke started with "I don't know anything about.. <insert whatever he doesn't know about here>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley