GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #15 *appeals denied*

Hidden camera, just like some of us thought. It's all so pathetically typical. And typically imperfect.

Chilling details of a crime that gripped Macon and the region emerged Monday after McDaniel, in a surprise to all but those close to the case, pleaded guilty. Last week, after learning of the FBI’s scouring of his camera and finding the deleted surveillance video, McDaniel agreed to a deal. Franklin J. Hogue, one of his lawyers, described the evidence as “the last straw.” McDaniel had been considering a plea since potentially damning evidence of his Internet browsing came to light in recent months

http://www.macon.com/2014/04/21/3057637/mcdaniel-to-plead-guilty.html?sp=/99/100/&ihp=1

Yeah that is one of the reasons I think he had been doing this for a while.

You don't need a mask if you plan to kill the only witness however you do need a mask if you are regularly breaking and entering and you don't want to risk being identified. I am quite sure he had contemplated the possibility of murder during the break in though, maybe a sick game a fate regarding whether the person woke up.

I'm not sure I believe the bit about the "creaky floorboard" waking Lauren up. Didn't McDaniel have an internet history showing his interest in "molesting sleeping girls"? :/

WOW, couldn't get to my computer sooner to see the reaction! Well I suppose we know now what the stick was for.......................God bless LG family and SM Family, glad it's been revealed even tho it's not bringing LG back and not causing any less heartache, they won't have to go through a grueling trial. i"m going to go read all the posts now! But my immediate reaction was shock and then the stick that's been discussed all weekend,

I just watched the live feed with a statement from DA David Cooke:

- detailed allocation filed by SMD, outlining crime - will be available to media today
- process was started weeks ago. Defense became more interested as prosecutions case became stronger
- allocation said where murder happened
- SMD disabled something (unclear what, assume door stop) to gain access to Lauren's appt in late night/early morning and choked her in her sleep
- he expressed regret but does not deserve forgiveness
- her remains were put in the dumpster at Mercer
- 30 years in prison, eligible for parole in 2041 but expected never to get out

AND it was stated that he has had a lifelong obsession for commintting the perfect murder, something to that effect, lifelong may not be the correct term used

When I read the article that was in my email this morning, I almost fell over!! :thud:

I am SO relieved for Lauren's family. They do not have to suffer through the trial of a madman! I honestly thought - as brazen as he was, as smart as he thinks he is, I am just floored that he actually admitted it!! They also know where the rest of her remains are located. Unfortunately, they will never have the rest of her to bury, but they at least have answers. He was a sick one for sure!

I am glad to see that the list of evidence against him was rising. I KNEW he was guilty - I was never on the fence. I am really glad that the police work was sufficient to catch him. I think in trial he would have been the male version of Jodi Arias.

I'm not sure I believe the bit about the "creaky floorboard" waking Lauren up. Didn't McDaniel have an internet history showing his interest in "molesting sleeping girls"? :/

Yeah I feel like she'd have gotten away if his story is true, she had time to talk to him?, she could have ran, screamed, screamed, screamed, fought back if so.........and doesn't seem she had the opportunity, I still think the stick he carried helped and it was sudden, even chloroform or suffocation, I mean who's to argue it, there is nothing to analyze and not even sure he really dumped the body parts at Mercer, still could be in the river, we are going on his "word" about what happened???, what does his "WORD" even mean considering what he did and how many lies he's already told ??

Well I suppose we know now what the stick was for.......................

What do you think the stick was for? From what I'm reading, he was spotted with the stick the evening of 6/25. He murdered Lauren in the early morning on 6/26, but didn't dispose of her torso until 6/28, and it wasn't found until 6/30.

Sadistically violent *advertiser censored* on his computer, yet he did not sexually assault Lauren? I think McDaniel sanitized his account of what led up to, actually happened to Lauren that night, as well as the days after her death. For her family's sake, maybe that's best?

Just found out.

pearl, you were on the right track asking about a possible plea deal.

I saw the headline on macon.com and missed a breath or two -- I am pretty stunned that it did not go on to trial.

I am glad for Lauren's family that it did not, just really surprised, though.

I pray for both of the families.

What do you think the stick was for? From what I'm reading, he was spotted with the stick the evening of 6/25. He murdered Lauren in the early morning on 6/26, but didn't dispose of her torso until 6/28, and it wasn't found until 6/30.

choking, seems like from what I've seen in movies and read about in other murders seems there's more leverage therefore more power

From what I heard it was 6/25 into 6/26 at any rate, he was lurking outside the apartmens in the flower bed area with a stick at 10 -1030 6/25,

just a thought that came to mine, the stick was being discussed this weekend, my first htought was choking

at any rate, best that her parents are spared but some things just stated about the details don't seem plausible (JMO JMO) that SM has confessed to other than the charges against him of course

what does his "WORD" even mean considering what he did and how many lies he's already told ??

It means less than nothing. His confession is useful to the extent that it provides a plausible explanation for known facts, but only if taken with extreme skepticism.

There are parts of the confession that I do think are true, actually. But we'll never know one way or another, because there is so much made up BS in there:

I leaped across the bed onto her and grabbed her around the throat. We tumbled out of the bed to the floor and in her struggle to get away, she moved her legs and lower body under her bed, preventing her from getting away or kicking me. I kept my hands around her throat as we fell to the floor.

This. Didn't. Happen. That's a nonsensical story. You don't just "accidentally" fall out of bed and have half your body fall under it. Especially not when you are grapping with another person. Especially not when someone is close enough to have their hands around your throat.

What's he claiming? That he fell out of bed in such a way that he was sitting behind her head, while she fell with her body falling under the bed, and yet he still held onto her neck? People don't move that way, it's impossible.

The difficulty in explaining it lies in my own inability to understand it myself. I know that it was very wrong; I am not delusional or without all morals or decency. Yet, I acknowledge that something in my makeup-my psychology, my neuropathy, my own particular pathology, perhaps-must explain it, but it is beyond my reach.

Lying, weaselly piece of ****. Oh, it's not his fault -- it's just his neuropathy's fault. (That word does not mean what you think it does, *******.) But he's lying -- he knows why he was in her room, but he completely omits it from his confession. And, assuming his story was true (which I don't), then it's clear under his version of events why he killed her: so she couldn't tell anyone that he'd been sneaking into apartments. He killed her to save his career. But he's too much of a lying coward to even state that much.

McD stated he was able to overpower/strangle Lauren, because during their struggle, her legs & lower body moved under the bed. She then could not kick or otherwise try to maneuver away from him.

This fills a gap for me, I always felt Lauren was strong and would have fought like a tiger. Other than chloroform, I could not imagine how he could have physically struggled with her and won.

Maybe so Hyrax, but think about being in a struggle for your life. If you are flailing around on the floor, with your hands grasping at his hands around your neck. Digging in with your heels trying to gain traction to move away from him, I could see how that could happen.

Sadistically violent *advertiser censored* on his computer, yet he did not sexually assault Lauren? I think McDaniel sanitized his account of what led up to, actually happened to Lauren that night, as well as the days after her death. For her family's sake, maybe that's best?

It could be as the FBI analyst pointed out in the crime scene analysis -- that, as hard as it is to comprehend, a sexually motivated murder does not ALWAYS involve sexual assault upon the body of the victim, in the usual sense most think of sexual assault. Sexual acts, if they occurred, may have been, um, solitary ones.

It could be as the FBI analyst pointed out in the crime scene analysis -- that, as hard as it is to comprehend, a sexually motivated murder does not ALWAYS involve sexual assault upon the body of the victim, in the usual sense most think of sexual assault. Sexual acts, if they occurred, may have been, um, solitary ones.

If the lower portion of her torso was not intact, which it has been rumored, who is to know otherwise if he sexually assaulted her or not

other than SM in his allucution, I think I just remembered that there was early talk of her torso having running shorts on

other than SM in his allucution, I think I just remembered that there was early talk of her torso having running shorts on

It's stated in the autopsy notes included with the FBI analyst's report.

You are correct. Also there was mention that a rape kit had been processed on her, so one could *assume* that the full torso was intact.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PurplePoloBear
Back