GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #15 *appeals denied*

Her last e-mail was at 10:30.

BTW on that note I have always believed Lauren DID write that email including the part about hoodlums. Now whether she sent it or someone else did is another matter but I think she wrote it.

The fact she should have been moving OUT in less than a week is what makes me think she wrote the email, both Steven and the landlord stated she was supposed to be moved out within about 5 days yet Lauren had NOT started packing.

BTW on that note I have always believed Lauren DID write that email including the part about hoodlums. Now whether she sent it or someone else did is another matter but I think she wrote it.

The fact she should have been moving OUT in less than a week is what makes me think she wrote the email, both Steven and the landlord stated she was supposed to be moved out within about 5 days yet Lauren had NOT started packing.

I've gone back and forth a little bit, especially early on, but as of now I believe that Lauren both wrote and sent the email.

According to the long (installments) Telegraph/macon.com story based on interviews with boyfriend DVIII, the email was sent at 10:13 p.m.:

...Vandiver won’t share the full text of the message Giddings sent him at 10:13 p.m. Eastern time on June 25, four-and-a-half days before her dismembered torso turned up in a garbage can outside her Georgia Avenue apartment.

“I know,” he says of the message, “that that’s likely to be a focal point at the trial.”...
http://www.macon.com/2011/12/11/1819448/lauren-giddings-and-the-man-whose.html

(That is, assuming there was no confusion that was not resolved regarding Daylight Savings Time, such as some computer, etc. involved that had not been updated accurately to DST, etc. -- and I'm assuming, for now, that either there was no problem there or it was resolved.

I know that the updating normally happens automatically and seamlessly...but I also know from experience that glitches can happen.)

sounds plausible but I guess her lights could be seen on from the front as well with bdrm door open and her Living rooms blinds closed, her bdrm is in the back of her apt I think but if her door was closed to her bdrm he may not could have seen if her lights were on from the porch, so to be sure, maybe thats why he was lurking there

<respectfully snipped for focus>

...and

probably dusk lights throughout the complex in or by the parking lots which could have lit up the flower beds and tree lined side a little, still suspicious he was over there, trees would have hid him a little

seems everything that has happend was on the left, the dumpster, the trash can, LG apt, SM with stick and LG bdrm window

Just as a matter of possible interest, while looking for something else I found some details about the location of Lauren's room/bed, outside lighting at the apartments, etc., somewhat along the lines of what tomkat and I were discussing earlier. Also a bit about the door brace/jam Lauren had. It's all in this article from way back at the end of July 2011--lots of details in those old articles:

...In Giddings&#8217; bedroom, in the rear of the apartment, the indentations were still there from where the legs on the frame of her bed, situated beneath a squat window that overlooks the AT&T building next door, had mashed into the tan carpet. ...

...A little more than a decade and a half ago, Barristers Hall did not exist. At least in name.

The terraced complex along the southerly slope of Coleman Hill -- just up from the Hay House and, a block or two farther east, the county courthouse -- was known as Lamar Arms. ...

...A few years ago, they installed new flooring and put in new appliances. Door locks were replaced in 2008 for that late summer&#8217;s new crop of tenants, Giddings and McDaniel among them.

The apartments have steel-framed doors flanked by outdoor lights that can&#8217;t be switched off between dusk and dawn. Floodlights are mounted on the corners of the apartment buildings. ...

...Bush said Giddings had an added safety measure inside her apartment: a bar-like device she could wedge beneath her front-door handle and brace against her living-room floor to make it difficult for anyone to get inside when she was there.

Friends searching for Giddings in late June used a spare key that she kept outside to gain access, only to find no sign of her.

Bush said the door-bracing device was behind Giddings&#8217; door, not in use, when Bush herself went into the apartment June 29 to check on Giddings after Giddings failed to answer phone messages regarding her plans to move out. ...
http://www.macon.com/2011/07/31/1649731/giddings-case-apartments-gradually.html

Coincidentally, gastric emptying is up for debate by state and defense expert witnesses in the Oscar Pistorius trial.

In Lauren's case, it's significant only if analysis showed she died very soon after consuming the Zaxby's meal. It would then be apparent that the attack and death came close together, and early in the evening. As the gap widens between Zaxby's and estimated time of death based on gastric emptying, the less significant the latter becomes, even if accurate. Why? Because the missing part of the equation is the interval from time of attack to time of death.

6:30 -----7:00 TOD <<<-- pretty obvious

6:30-----------------------------9:30 TOD?????

6:30----------------------------------------------------Midnight????????

But wouldn't that also help determine WHO the perp might be no matter if earlier or later? In regards to suspects alibis also during whatever time frame from minutes after consumption or hours later? Not sure if I'm making sense

(That is, assuming there was no confusion that was not resolved regarding Daylight Savings Time, such as some computer, etc. involved that had not been updated accurately to DST, etc. -- and I'm assuming, for now, that either there was no problem there or it was resolved.

I know that the updating normally happens automatically and seamlessly...but I also know from experience that glitches can happen.)

In this case, not an issue, at least, since she used gmail.

I pretty much take it for granted that she wrote and sent that email, and anyway, the forensics on her machine would show all activity, not just e-mails, so there will be no problem in nailing down when and how it was last used. That would make it easy to confirm that it was her.

Lauren's case absolutely haunts me. I can't imagine anything worse than what we know so far about this crime. I do expect it IS going to get much worse. Thanks for all those who keep this thread going in the interest of justice for poor Lauren. Her case truly represents the sheer evil in this world. Omg. :(

I've stayed away from my computers for a few days to try to accomplish some neglected chores. Thanks to all of ya'll for updating Lauren's forum.

I just got a text alert from WMAZ that Stephen pleaded guilty and will receive life in prison.

I just got a text alert from WMAZ that Stephen pleaded guilty and will receive life in prison.

Thank god. It's done with.

May he rot in prison and suffer every day that he continues to draw breath.

Edit: I'd never heard of this before:

He also referred to videos and pictures on McDaniel's camera taken the night and early morning of Giddings' disappearance

And he waited this long to plead???

According to WMAZ, he has to write out a statement detailing the crime as part of his agreement. I hope Lauren's family will get her remains finally and have some closure.

Also as part of the agreement, the charges for burglary and child *advertiser censored* will be dismissed.
http://m.macon.com/?cu=spreed%3A%2F9678733%2F32658000

I just watched the live feed with a statement from DA David Cooke:

- detailed allocation filed by SMD, outlining crime - will be available to media today
- process was started weeks ago. Defense became more interested as prosecutions case became stronger
- allocation said where murder happened
- SMD disabled something (unclear what, assume door stop) to gain access to Lauren's appt in late night/early morning and choked her in her sleep
- he expressed regret but does not deserve forgiveness
- her remains were put in the dumpster at Mercer
- 30 years in prison, eligible for parole in 2041 but expected never to get out

I pray for Lauren and her family a lot, and I prayed hard yesterday. I'm so glad this horrific ordeal is over and her loved ones do not have to endure a trial. Prison is too good for him, but I'm sure he will not be liked in prison.

I knew both Lauren and David (her boyfriend) well. This is such a bittersweet day.

Holy sheesh I just got an email about this from a local. I am shocked!

I totally never saw this coming especially this close to the trial!

I am also a bit surprised that it was manual strangulation, that is not easy to do especially with a victim that weighs close to what the attacker weighs.

The neighbor below made me think of Charley Manson's "Creepy Crawlers" game where they would sneak in to the bedrooms of sleeping people, I wonder if he had been sneaking into her place and the neighbor belows place many times before (he probably was)

I am so relieved for Lauren's family. Just so da*n relieved ! Thank you, Lord.

Holy sheesh I just got an email about this from a local. I am shocked!

I totally never saw this coming especially this close to the trial!

I am also a bit surprised that it was manual strangulation, that is not easy to do especially with a victim that weighs close to what the attacker weighs.

The neighbor below made me think of Charley Manson's "Creepy Crawlers" game where they would sneak in to the bedrooms of sleeping people, I wonder if he had been sneaking into her place and the neighbor belows place many times before (he probably was)

Sonya, I know this won't shock you.

I'm not the least bit surprised by any of it!

It looks like the article AgentFrankLundy posted was just updated with more details on the murder. SMD was wearing a mask and gloves when he attacke her. Lauren pulled his mask off before he killed her.

It looks like the article AgentFrankLundy posted was just updated with more details on the murder. SMD was wearing a mask and gloves when he attacke her. Lauren pulled his mask off before he killed her.

Yeah that is one of the reasons I think he had been doing this for a while.

You don't need a mask if you plan to kill the only witness however you do need a mask if you are regularly breaking and entering and you don't want to risk being identified. I am quite sure he had contemplated the possibility of murder during the break in though, maybe a sick game a fate regarding whether the person woke up.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abcdowpp1
Back