GA - Rapper Young + others indicted on RICO & other charges, May 2022. Trial ongoing April 2023, interruptions, lawyer arrested. Fulton County.

Judge Glanville said last week he was starting court at 8:45 a.m. on Monday, Thursday and Friday to deal with stuff or issues before the jury is brought out at 9:30 a.m.However, court didn’t start until 9:30 today and issues are being taken up right now.
9:35 AM · Apr 8, 2024

After a brief break, we are back with the state's witness, testifying about a May 2013 incident that allegedly involved Young . The alleged incident is not in the indictment.The state witness is also now testifying about conversations she had with the DA's office.
10:07 AM · Apr 8, 2024

The state witness has stopped testifying about the incident she was actually brought out to testify about. Now, she is testifying about conversations she had with the DA's office before her testimony, which are not directly tied to the indictment.
10:16 AM · Apr 8, 2024

It appears the witness is now back to testifying about the alleged incident from May 2013, which allegedly involves YoungThug and Walter Murphy.
10:37 AM · Apr 8, 2024

The witness said she did not appear in court on March 26 because she was at the hospital. She claims to have documents that show she was at the hospital.When she was arrested for failing to appear, she claims officers were "very aggressive" towards her.
10:44 AM · Apr 8, 2024

The witness said she went to the hospital on March 26 due to a family member, not because she was harmed. The witness testified that she thought the investigator for the DA's officer was an attorney.
10:47 AM · Apr 8, 2024

Adriane Love keeps going through different questions with the witness, she will ask about Young and the alleged March 2013 incident, before asking about the conversations with the DA's office and the witness, then going back to the incident.
10:48 AM · Apr 8, 2024

The state is now showing a video that appears to show the witness and others. In the video, the witness appears to do some hand gestures. The state is asking her to identify the hand gestures she made on the video.
10:59 AM · Apr 8, 2024

Love appears to be done questioning the witness for now. Young ’s attorney Keith Adams is now questioning the witness about text messages the witness exchanged with Love.
11:33 AM · Apr 8, 2024

@JozsefPapp_

Young ’s attorney Keith Adams is now showing the text messages between DA investigator and the witness.One of the text messages from the investigator starts with, “Gm Mama”.He also asks her to call him and to hit him up if she is bored.

The witness testified that she never told or said for the judge to “kiss her *advertiser censored**” about not showing up to court to testify.

The witness said the video the state show has nothing to do with the May 2013 incident she was brought to testify about. She said nobody asked her questions about gangs or gang affiliations when they met with her.

After 3 days of testimony, including her being taken into custody for failing to appear and spending more than a week with an ankle monitor, the state’s witness has been excused permanently.She was called to testify about an alleged May 2013 incident, that’s not in indictment.

Lunch break until 1:15 p.m.

@JozsefPapp_

They came back around 1:30 p.m. The state’s next witness is APD Crime Scene Manager Lashantise Porter, she is testifying about the alleged May 2013 incident that it’s not part of the indictment.

The witness has been excused permanently and a break has been called.

Detective David Quinn is back on the stand.

Quinn is back to testify regarding the Sept. 11, 2013 armed robbery and shooting.

@JozsefPapp_

Miss Bennett concluded her testimony before lunch. Crime scene tech now on the stand. Note: Judge Glanville said they would start back with testimony promptly at 1:15. They started at 1:30. That's MAJOR progress.

Detective Quinn is back on the stand. His testimony was interrupted a couple of weeks ago due to his schedule and then the jury off last week. This testimony is about the 2013....red car shooting...laundromat. Quinn in under cross-exam by Brian Steel.

1712607849618.png

1712607864705.png

"I'm a low rent, get your extra cheese type of police officer ." - Quinn

Det. Quinn is officially done testifying. Not sure how the jury is going to figure all this out in the end.....many months from now. So many players, dates, places, witnesses out of order, delays, testimony about incidents not on the indictment and so forth...

1712607682261.png

https://twitter.com/ThuggerDaily
Back tomorrow 9AM. They have 2 more investigators related to this 2013 incident, then they will move to the next incident in the indictment - a 2015 attempted murder that DK went to jail for. They will be calling 4 related witnesses this week, starting with the victim (Dexter Montgomery) and ending with DK (Walter Murphy).

Investigator Kirkman is testifying about the 2013 armed robbery of Archellian Bennett (Miss Bennett aka A.B.) He says Bennett reported that #YoungThug and another man she thought was his brother showed up at her apartment. She said these two were friends of her child's father. She let them in her apartment. She said 's brother put a gun to the back of her head demanding money, etc... At that point DK had entered her apt. They took jewelry, cell phone, $4K cash, car keys, etc..

Judge Glanville is on the bench and court should start soon.
@ShaddiAbusaid will be down there today so I won’t tweet as much about today’s testimony. Make sure to follow him.

The state’s next witness is APD Investigator Anthony Kirkman. He is testifying about the May 2013 incident.

Kirkman testified that Mrs. Bennett, the state’s witness, went to a Zone 6 precinct and reported that “she was a victim of an armed robbery and that her house was shot.”

Kirkman is done and excused permanently. He was the investigator assigned to investigate the May 2013 incident. He said they didn’t follow up on the initial investigation because they were never able to reconnect following the initial investigation.

It appears Walter Murphy is one of the next witnesses the state intends to call but it will probably not be today.The state plans to get through two witnesses before calling it a day.

Defense attorneys have raised issues about Murphy’s upcoming testimony but Glanville told them to put it in a motion, per his order.

911 Operator Sharon Latners is back on the stand.

Latners is there to testify relating to 911 calls related to the alleged April 12, 2015 attempted murder incident involving Walter Murphy and Demise McMullen.

1712695377114.png

1712695405305.png

Latners has been excused temporarily so she’ll be back some other time.

The state’s next witness is Deangelo White, one of the victims of the alleged April 2015 attempted murder. White will not be shown on camera.

White has been in prison for seven years. Per@ShaddiAbusaid, he was brought out wearing a red jumpsuit and wearing shackles.

“I don’t even know why I’m here. This is not my case. I don’t even know what’s going on,” White said on the stand.

ADA Christopher Adkins is questioning White on the stand.

“Why am I here? This is not my case,” White said.

White keeps asking the state why he is on the stand and telling them that he shouldn’t be there because it’s not his case.

“This got nothing to do with me. I don’t even know why I’m here,” White keeps telling the state.He said he should be in prison rather than on the stand.

White is clearly not interested in testifying about the April 2015 incident and is ready to go back to prison and serve the rest of his time for an unrelated case.

Even Judge Glanville is telling White to answer the state’s questions.White keeps saying that he just wants to go back to prison.

White says he only knows of Young because he is a rapper.

“I shouldn’t be here. I shouldn’t be here. I shouldn’t be here,” White repeated.

Glanville just took a comfort break

Adkins just said he still has an hour left to question White, but Glanville plans to release the jury for the day after they come back from the break.White will continue to testify on Wednesday.

@JozsefPapp_

A 911 call was played on Tuesday from a shooting that happened in April 2015. The shooting allegedly involved some members of the YSL gang. #YoungThug is facing several RICO charges and is said to be the leader of #YSL.

A male witness in the YSL RICO case questioned the state about why is he testifying in the trial, which he said has nothing to do with his case. "Why am I here?" he asked. The witness was one of the alleged victims in a 2015 shooting, which is said to have involved some #YSL members.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80
Back