General Discussions #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
LvsAMystry said:
Interesting about the drug aspect. If drugs do play a role in this, it might not be that it was someone looking for drugs at all, thus no ransack. It very well could be a money owed situation, either as a user or supplier, and when monies weren't coughed up, someone was looking for something -- maybe cash/valuables and it wasn't known someone would be there, or murder actually was the intent as punishment or a message. It could have been the intent to harm Janet as a message to Raven, or it could have been the intent to harm Raven himself, or both if no witnesses wanted, as punishment but he wasn't there. If there was someone he owed money to, whether it be drugs or something else, LE may have a good idea of who and it would explain why it wasn't "random" and also why they are being tight-lipped about it.
I would think that if someone wanted to "send a message" hurting their baby would be a better way of doing it. (That just made me sick to my stomach to type that.)

Timex said:
But yet the Groens had a pitbull that was known to attack, yet someone managed to get inside and kill 3, kidnap 2. Dogs just cannot be relied upon in such situations.
I totally agree. And the Lunsfords had an allegedly yappy dog that also never barked.

Thanks, I missed that. VERY tacky to put that on the funeral program. I hope it's intended to help with funeral expenses since it was on the program, though that's unlikely considering the location of the credit union.

I haven't seen anything anywhere to support this, just adding a new thought to the mix.

newkid said:
I haven't seen anything anywhere to support this, just adding a new thought to the mix.
We are always happy to hear new thoughts and rehash old ones.......in the hopes that it will lead to justice for Janet and someone paying for this horrific brutal murder!

SouthEastSleuth said:
You know, this idea of some sort of accomplice, at least regarding the embezzlement is intriguing. I mean it stand to reason IF there was an accomplice, that this person(s) knew the real deal, as far as what was going on. That said, as someone suggested earlier, would Raven be covering up for that person regarding the embezzlement? Is if possible that this mystery person(s) have more involvement even with Raven, on some or any level?

IF indeed their is an accomplice, I think it would be fascinating to know their involvement with Raven, his various situations in life, etc.
If there was an accomplice, there could be a very good reason that that laptop WAS stolen, if it was. Raven's case is coming up soon, accomplice becomes scared that Raven will drag him/her into it, and decides to grab the laptop because of any incriminating correspondences that might be on it. That would make it not random, meaning that the Abaroas house was specifically targeted.

Still, if Raven was in cahoots with someone in something illegal, I would think that the person would know Raven well enough to know if he took the laptop with him when he went out. Even if Raven did NOT normally take the laptop with him, wouldn't it have made more sense for the perp to come for the laptop in the middle of the night?

How much time, if any, would embezzlement of this relatively small amount carry for an accomplice? Would it be enough to kill for?

JerseyGirl said:
If there was an accomplice, there could be a very good reason that that laptop WAS stolen, if it was. Raven's case is coming up soon, accomplice becomes scared that Raven will drag him/her into it, and decides to grab the laptop because of any incriminating correspondences that might be on it. That would make it not random, meaning that the Abaroas house was specifically targeted.

Still, if Raven was in cahoots with someone in something illegal, I would think that the person would know Raven well enough to know if he took the laptop with him when he went out. Even if Raven did NOT normally take the laptop with him, wouldn't it have made more sense for the perp to come for the laptop in the middle of the night?

How much time, if any, would embezzlement of this relatively small amount carry for an accomplice? Would it be enough to kill for?
And what would make this alleged accomplice think that the information was ONLY on the laptop?......remember he also had a desktop and a palm pilot!

ewwwinteresting said:
And didn't we read somewhere his step-father was an electrician, which would make it him or his wife (raven's mother) that set up the trust fund....hmmmm.....
I'm confused ... how can you set up a trust fund for someone that's deceased? Do you all mean a memorial fund in Janet's name for Kaiden?

JerseyGirl said:
I'm confused ... how can you set up a trust fund for someone that's deceased? Do you all mean a memorial fund in Janet's name for Kaiden?
They probably meant a memorial fund in Janet's name for Raven....:twocents:

newkid said:
Just jumping in and throwing out a new idea I haven't seen anywhere yet. I have a friend on another message board who works in NC doing auxilary office type stuff for LE. Anyway a week or two ago, this friend mentioned that they (LE) were looking into the possiblity that Janet's murder was drug related. This is just stuff overheard at the office and may mean that they may think one or both Abaroas had some sort of involvement with drugs or that maybe someone (the murderer?) thought they had drugs. Being a rental, the house may have had some drug involvement in the past.
This is an intriguing idea. When I purchased my home, I left my "sold" sign up for over a month because of some questionable activity at the house before I bought it. I wanted to make absolutely certain that any old drug buddies realized that the previous owner no longer lived here. But the Abaroas lived at the house for 8 months at the time of the murder. I don't know that a drug involvement would just kill whomever happened to be living there at least 8 months after the source of some type of conflict; I would think that they'd stake out the place for a couple of days, and notice that the cars pulling out of the driveway were not the cars of the people that they were looking for.

I just want to mention this. I know that it sometimes happens that a drug dealer will go after family to send a message but (at least in my neck of the woods), it's not very common. If someone is killed over drugs, it is usually the one that owes the money and they are killed with a gun.

ewwwinteresting said:
And what would make this alleged accomplice think that the information was ONLY on the laptop?......remember he also had a desktop and a palm pilot!
Do we know for sure that there was a desktop? I seem to remember one in the photos but I'm not sure.

I have a teeny bit of infomation that isn't exactly new, just reaffirms other things you guys have already found.

When my husband worked with Raven, Raven owed the company money for unauthorized expenses and never paid. It wasn't a large amount, less than $50, but he still never paid it back. Also similar things happened at the company as far as people selling company property on ebay for personal profit, but my husband doesn't think Raven was involved.

ewwwinteresting said:
They probably meant a memorial fund in Janet's name for Raven....:twocents:
For Raven???

BTW, I don't know or remember ... does Janet have family in Utah? Whose family put together the funeral service? This memorial fund is bizarre in that it is located in Utah, and I guess I just assumed that Janet's family arranged the funeral. But maybe Raven did with the help of his family since he was her husband. Still, if Raven is still on the East Coast, I don't know why this fund would be set up in Utah in the first place. Maybe I'm just making too much of this.

newkid said:
I have a teeny bit of infomation that isn't exactly new, just reaffirms other things you guys have already found.

When my husband worked with Raven, Raven owed the company money for unauthorized expenses and never paid. It wasn't a large amount, less than $50, but he still never paid it back. Also similar things happened at the company as far as people selling company property on ebay for personal profit, but my husband doesn't think Raven was involved.

I heard something that the company was famous for a big yard sale and sold older merchandise at a substantial discount. Do you think that's what was being sold on ebay?

JerseyGirl said:
Do we know for sure that there was a laptop? I seem to remember one in the photos but I'm not sure.
No, I believe Rooster stated a laptop was taken....nothing stated by LE (as we all know)!!!

JerseyGirl said:
For Raven???

BTW, I don't know or remember ... does Janet have family in Utah? Whose family put together the funeral service? This memorial fund is bizarre in that it is located in Utah, and I guess I just assumed that Janet's family arranged the funeral. But maybe Raven did with the help of his family since he was her husband. Still, if Raven is still on the East Coast, I don't know why this fund would be set up in Utah in the first place. Maybe I'm just making too much of this.

Do you think that he might be leaving the east coast and heading back to the west coast to be closer to his family?

newkid said:
Also similar things happened at the company as far as people selling company property on ebay for personal profit, but my husband doesn't think Raven was involved.
Maybe that's where he got the idea from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rockymountaingirl