General Discussions #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rooster said:
I'm sure Raven and Janet took good care of their dogs. I'm sure they went on walks with them...and Let them out of their kennel. But, If Raven was at a soccer game and Janet and the baby were inside, possibly sleeping. Then the dog would probably be in the kennel. They slept in the kennel.
Can we assume that Raven and Janet thought they lived in a pretty good area and that is why the dogs were not in the house for protection? Because in his archived website photos, the dogs used to be in their house(s)...

ewwwinteresting said:
Can we assume that Raven and Janet thought they lived in a pretty good area and that is why the dogs were not in the house for protection? Because in his archived website photos, the dogs used to be in their house(s)...
They lived in an apartment at that time. They didn't have a yard to put a dog run in. Maybe that's part of the reason they decided to rent a house. So, the dogs, the baby and everyone would have more room.

It seems that you have firsthand knowledge that:

1. A bedroom in the Abaroa home was being used as an office.

2. Janet was stabbed in that office, rather than an upstairs bedroom.

3. The Abaroas had dogs that were mainly "outside" dogs, and were kenneled at times.

4. Additional items of value were in the house, and this was known to the intruder.

It seems that you are theorizing that:

1. The intruder may have been a woman.

2. S/he was after the laptop computer.

3. She had no problem entering a well-lit occupied home to commit this crime, during the early evening (still light out, people still outside...most people home from work, and so on...).

4. She was really only after the laptop, because she clearly did not take the safe and other things she could have taken that were listed on the warrant.

Do you think that she came to the house armed, or that the knife was taken/used from the Abaroa's house?

Could you please help me out here? I am having a hard time fitting these pices together in a way that makes sense, both from a common sense as well as a "pattern" perspective...

cappuccina said:

3. The Abaroas had dogs that were mainly "outside" dogs, and were kenneled at times.

4. Additional items of value were in the house, and this was known to the intruder.

3. She had no problem entering a well-lit occupied home to commit this crime, during the early evening (still light out, people still outside...most people home from work, and so on...).

4. She was really only after the laptop, because she clearly did not take the safe and other things she could have taken that were listed on the warrant.

Do you think that she came to the house armed, or that the knife was taken/used from the Abaroa's house?

Could you please help me out here? I am having a hard time fitting these pices together in a way that makes sense, both from a common sense as well as a "pattern" perspective...
on the "who killed janet abaroa" thread, a few people did chose a family member as a possible option ... anyone who chose that option, would you care to share your thoughts??

Rooster said:
They lived in an apartment at that time. They didn't have a yard to put a dog run in. Maybe that's part of the reason they decided to rent a house. So, the dogs, the baby and everyone would have more room.
A house he couldn't afford. In your opinion, did Raven embezzle because he wanted to provide well for Janet and Kaiden or buy all of his toys?

PrayersForMaura said:
on the "who killed janet abaroa" thread, a few people did chose a family member as a possible option ... anyone who chose that option, would you care to share your thoughts??
yes, it would be interesting to see if they thought Janet's family or Raven's family.

cappuccina said:

This information is all on line

4. Additional items of value were in the house, and this was known to the
intruder.

I don't know what the intruder knew...

May have...

Could have been....

The police didn't arrive until almost 11:00 pm...I could have easily been dark and late.

He or She could have just grabbed it on the way out. Why?...I don't know

I don't know...Maybe we will know when the testing come back from the lab. LE took several knives and sissors from the house.

Dose this help?

...I was asking what YOU know first hand and/or what YOU are theorizing about...

Not to worry, you're not taking this class for a grade... :banghead:

Also, do you know what time the police were called, and how long it took them to arrive? Thanks...

ewwwinteresting said:
A house he couldn't afford. In your opinion, did Raven embezzle because he wanted to provide well for Janet and Kaiden or buy all of his toys?
They could afford it until they both lost there jobs. After that they were able to stay because the landlord lowered their rent. He must have liked them enough to do that for them. What a nice guy.

I'm sure Raven wanted the best for his family...don't we all?

cappuccina said:
...I was asking what YOU know first hand and/or what YOU are theorizing about...
Rooster, can you clear up some info that is all over the place here.....like the 911 call (gunshot wound, someone upstairs hurt) and the statement that she committed suicide??

I still can see no credible reason to believe that the laptop was indeed stolen.

1. If it was, then it was a burglary and police wouldn't say it wasn't a random crime. I have heard that nothing was stolen from the house. And the one and only statement by police lead me to believe that's true.

2. I have heard that RA went everywhere with his laptop.

3. It makes sense that if he was worried about his laptop having incriminating evidence regarding embezzlement he wouldn't have let it out of his sight.

4. Laptops are not as appealing as you might think to steal, especially with every bell & whistle an IT person would load.

5. I am curious what got pawned. If he did part with his laptop, I would think it would be in LE possession now. But, more than likely it was a snowboard or rollerblades or something of Janets.

6. If the laptop is missing, it is just as likely (maybe more so) that Raven torched it to protect himself and/or accomplices.

Rooster said:
They could afford it until they both lost there jobs. After that they were able to stay because the landlord lowered their rent. He must have liked them enough to do that for them. What a nice guy.

I'm sure Raven wanted the best for his family...don't we all?
I wholeheartedly agree about the landlord being a nice guy.

With Raven wanting the best for his family....just curious how did the VX, motorcycle, designer clothes and all of his other expensive toys fit into all of this?

cappuccina said:

Not to worry, you're not taking this class for a grade... :banghead:

Also, do you know what time the police were called, and how long it took them to arrive? Thanks...
:loser: Chill okay. I think I cleared that up for you by answering your questions.

I don't know the exact time... Raven called when he got home from the soccer game and found Janet. Probably, I'm guessing...10 or 15 minutes before the police got there.

golfmom said:
If the laptop is missing, it is just as likely (maybe more so) that Raven torched it to protect himself and/or accomplices.
With his clothes, shoes, desktop computer, palm pilot and everything else that is missing???

Rooster said:
I don't know the exact time... Raven called when he got home from the soccer game and found Janet. Probably, I'm guessing...10 or 15 minutes before the police got there.
So, you know just as much (or better said as little) as we do. You have no first hand knowledge about whether he called in a gunshot wound because he thought she was shot or that he stated it was suicide because he thought she committed suicide?

ewwwinteresting said:
Rooster, can you clear up some info that is all over the place here.....like the 911 call (gunshot wound, someone upstairs hurt) and the statement that she committed suicide??
Maybe he saw a hole in her chest and thought it was gun shot wound. She was hurt upstairs.

Who said she commited suicide?

Rooster said:
:loser: Chill okay. I think I cleared that up for you by answering your questions.

What about Janet's co-workers? There was an early story about one of them actually making the call because they were worried about her.

Rooster said:
Maybe he saw a hole in her chest and thought it was gun shot wound. She was hurt upstairs.

Who said she commited suicide?
That's what I meant about the info being all over the place. Several individuals posted that they heard (from someone from someone, etc) that Raven stated she commited suicide....I was just trying to find out if there was any truth to that.

You know, this idea of some sort of accomplice, at least regarding the embezzlement is intriguing. I mean it stand to reason IF there was an accomplice, that this person(s) knew the real deal, as far as what was going on. That said, as someone suggested earlier, would Raven be covering up for that person regarding the embezzlement? Is if possible that this mystery person(s) have more involvement even with Raven, on some or any level?

IF indeed their is an accomplice, I think it would be fascinating to know their involvement with Raven, his various situations in life, etc.

I too have dabbled around in eBay over the years. And it's very true, it can get overwhelming at times...especially for one person, with a new baby, working full-time, and over the holidays even (as evidenced by a referenced link elsewhere to soccer "boot" being auctioned on eBay the first week of Dec 2004)... SO, and purely speculation of course, having someone helping out would certainly ease the burden I suppose (hard for me to actually think in a criminal mindset, as frankly, it doesn't come naturally for me....)

Digging into this would be useful I think? Anyone agree?

I mean even speculation on WHO it might be, if anyone, is silly I know... I mean it could be anyone: friends, family member, co-workers...who knows...

SouthEastSleuth said:
I mean even speculation on WHO it might be, if anyone, is silly I know... I mean it could be anyone: friends, family member, co-workers...who knows...

A family member would be in the best position, but if you were ordering soccer equipment wouldn't it be a good idea to have a team to place the orders. Especially if you were trying to get a lot of gear at once. You know those $200 golden shoes add up fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member