General Discussions #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
BirdHunter said:
He might be mulletproof, but he ain't pansy proof .:chicken:
The name, in general, is pretty funny name, I must admit. But when I know that Raven's on the team, it loses its charm rather quickly.
You know, he & OJ are similar, they each need to be out doin' their sport to "find the real killer". :snooty:

:laugh:
ewwwinteresting said:
Hey NK, if you get a chance maybe you could help raven look for the murder on the soccer field.

Did you ever get by the bike shop?
Nope, I was going to tag along with my husband. He keeps saying we need to take the bikes back in to get tuned up this year but we're almost out of year...

SouthEastSleuth said:
Well it's happened! I found a reference to Raven playing soccer!! Seems he's playing in an indoor soccer league in Salt Lake these days.

This team is part of an organization called "Let's Play Soccer." Seems that Raven's team is called Mulletproof, and they play Tuesday nights at 9:30pm (in case anyone is in the area and wants to go watch!)

This first link is time sensitive, as the scores are updated each week:

http://www.letsplaysoccer.com/Main/Locations/saltlake/std/MBT1.htm

This is pulled from the current page (standings as of 9/27/05):

[size=+1]Players Name [/size][size=+1]Team Name [/size][size=+1]Goals [/size][size=+1]Assists [/size][size=+1]Points[/size]

[size=+1]RAVEN ABAROA [/size][size=+1]MULLETPROOF [/size][size=+1]3 [/size][size=+1]5 [/size][size=+1]8[/size]

Here's a link to the weekly schedule:

http://www.letsplaysoccer.com/main/locations/saltlake/std/slschedule1.htm

And finally, a link to the Salt Lake Indoor Soccer site:

http://www.letsplaysoccer.com/main/locations/saltlake/saltlake.html
..[size=+1]Players Name[/size][size=+1]Team Name[/size][size=+1]Goals[/size][size=+1]Assists[/size][size=+1]Points[/size][size=+1]ADAM SWENSON[/size][size=+1]MULLETPROOF[/size][size=+1]10[/size][size=+1]7[/size][size=+1]17[/size][size=+1]GREG MAZUR[/size][size=+1]JUVENTUS[/size][size=+1]7[/size][size=+1]5[/size][size=+1]12[/size][size=+1]GELACIO MARTINEZ[/size][size=+1]LOS PAISAS[/size][size=+1]12[/size][size=+1]0[/size][size=+1]12[/size][size=+1]ISAAC KLINGONSMITH[/size][size=+1]JUVENTUS[/size][size=+1]8[/size][size=+1]4[/size][size=+1]12[/size][size=+1]REYNOLD CAMPBELL[/size][size=+1]MURRAY[/size][size=+1]2[/size][size=+1]8[/size][size=+1]10[/size][size=+1]SCOTT RIDDLE[/size][size=+1]MULLETPROOF[/size][size=+1]9[/size][size=+1]1[/size][size=+1]10[/size][size=+1]DERREK DUNN[/size][size=+1]DIESEL[/size][size=+1]7[/size][size=+1]3[/size][size=+1]10[/size][size=+1]COLBY CRITHLOW[/size][size=+1]DIESEL[/size][size=+1]6[/size][size=+1]4[/size][size=+1]10[/size][size=+1]BRETT ERICKSON[/size][size=+1]MURRAY[/size][size=+1]7[/size][size=+1]1[/size][size=+1]8[/size][size=+1]AARON WAITE[/size][size=+1]JUVENTUS[/size][size=+1]7[/size][size=+1]1[/size][size=+1]8[/size][size=+1]RAVEN ABAROA[/size][size=+1]MULLETPROOF[/size][size=+1]3[/size][size=+1]5[/size][size=+1]8[/size][size=+1]MIGUEL LOPEZ[/size][size=+1]LOS PAISAS[/size][size=+1]8[/size][size=+1]0[/size][size=+1]8[/size]

.........good find SES............

.....i don't know.........i'm not much of a soccer fan...............but how can raven ( as goalie ) have so many points and assists on goals ???
...has he lost his ranking ( in his head only ) as super star goaltender ?

edit:

as usual.........my links suck...

..but it says :

raven: Goals: 3 assists 5 total: 8.....as a goaltender ??

I don't know how, but I'm sure he makes a great goalie, being chubby and his increasing forehead can blind the other players.

terminatrixator said:
I don't know how, but I'm sure he makes a great goalie, being chubby and his increasing forehead can blind the other players.
true....
..he's got that "blinding sun as it bounces off his bald spot" thing going for him......
..interesting though, the article almost makes it sound that he's no longer the goal-tender.........his pride and joy position........awww...shucks.

A bit of trivia for this Tuesday morning - new study just released:

The British Journal of Psychiatry contains new information from a study done at USC about lying. The ability to tell tall tales lies in the structure of the brain. Apparently those people with more white matter in their brains lie more than those with less. No mention as to whether or not this tendency is genetic but I'm guessing yes. :rolleyes:

Okay, while I was watching CSI this evening there was a comment that was quite revealing to me. The case that they were working on was about a wife that turned up dead in her home. Husband found her, a few similarities here. They were unclear if there was a weapon used and one of the characters said--there was no blood in the car, he (the husband) couldn't have dropped it off somewhere.

This just struck a chord with me, because wasn't there blood in the Durango? Hmmmmm

Bleach baby...plenty of time for bleach - not only that - he could have bleached and ran it out into the drainage ditch, or there could have been someone else that took the missing items a hand-off....who knows, but we will eventually.

Trix--It struck me that the first thing the CSI team asked was if there was blood in the car. And if there was blood in the car, the possibility of the husband ditching the murder weapon was suspect.

So, that's what perked my interest because there was blood in the Durango--or at least some trace they removed from the Durango.

Oooh, I read that wrong, there was blood in the Durangggooooooooo, of course we wouldn't want blood on the VX.....:loser:

I agree, Jenifred. If what they found in Raven's vehicle was blood, then he's got a lot of explaining to do. Because we've heard that he never went back into the Durango after he got home that night, that the Durango was locked. So there is no way that blood could have innocently gotten into that car.

I wonder - if they found something suspicious in the vehicle, would they just swab it or would they have to remove pieces of it - some upholstery, an entire seat, etc.? Would that differ if you had fabric as opposed to leather seats? I'd love to know about the interior of the car after the search. I think that that could point to a lot of possibilities if the car was just swabbed or if it was ripped apart. Can you imagine Raven if they had ripped apart his car - especially if he had been driving the VX that night. :rolleyes: Which leads me to another thought. If Raven did this, surely he must have known that his vehicles would be subject to searches. I wonder if that has to do with the reason that the VX wasn't there that night. He wanted to make sure that his precious VX didn't get damaged. I'm surprised he didn't use Janet's car that night. After all, if it was up to him, he'd have kept the VX and the Durango. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JerseyGirl said:
I agree, Jenifred. If what they found in Raven's vehicle was blood, then he's got a lot of explaining to do. Because we've heard that he never went back into the Durango after he got home that night, that the Durango was locked. So there is no way that blood could have innocently gotten into that car.

I wonder - if they found something suspicious in the vehicle, would they just swab it or would they have to remove pieces of it - some upholstery, an entire seat, etc.? Would that differ if you had fabric as opposed to leather seats? I'd love to know about the interior of the car after the search. I think that that could point to a lot of possibilities if the car was just swabbed or if it was ripped apart. Can you imagine Raven if they had ripped apart his car - especially if he had been driving the VX that night. :rolleyes: Which leads me to another thought. If Raven did this, surely he must have known that his vehicles would be subject to searches. I wonder if that has to do with the reason that the VX wasn't there that night. He wanted to make sure that his precious VX didn't get damaged. I'm surprised he didn't use Janet's car that night. After all, if it was up to him, he'd have kept the VX and the Durango. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I would think the amount of possible evidence they found would lead to the extent of removal. Didn't it say they did a swab? I don't know, it's late, I'm getting rummy.

Didn't they take the entire Durango on a separate warrant? Do we have a list of what was collected from that warrant?

I fount it! From the May 3, 2005 News Observer Article:

"DURHAM -- Police say a Durham woman found dead in her home last week was stabbed, and a search warrant indicates that investigators wanted to further examine the family's SUV to determine the vehicle's "relationship" to the homicide.

'On Thursday, Durham police Cpl. B.E. Bradley was granted to a warrant to search a 1998 Dodge Durango belonging to Raven Abaroa, the victim's husband. The warrant indicates that the day before, police had searched the SUV and the home the couple rented in western Durham off Sparger Road. After police interviewed Raven Abaroa earlier on Thursday, they asked a judge for permission to search the vehicle for evidence a second time, the warrant said.

"Information disclosed during that interview has suggested that further scientific testing is needed to determine the relationship of the vehicle to the homicide," the warrant said."

So, after all those swabbings were taken, they had a separate warrant for the Durango. I remember seeing a news clip which shower the Durango being hauled away too.

Has anyone seen or heard any of the results from that warrant??

I have not been able to get my hands on any of the forensic lab results, and I am certain nobody here will either, unless Raven gets cleared and that information gets release or it goes to trial. Then we will get to see the forensic details.

I am in the opinion, that we will get to see the results, when the Murderer goes on trial for the Cold Blooded Murder of Janet and her unborn child.

analytick said:
So, after all those swabbings were taken, they had a separate warrant for the Durango. I remember seeing a news clip which shower the Durango being hauled away too.
That's interesting. I never thought of it that way before. The way I read it, they wanted to search "further" because of something that Raven said during questioning. I just figured that it had meant that they did the swabbings on the vehicle but weren't allowed to take anything from the Durango the first time. Since I don't know how this stuff works, let me ask this. Is it possible that LE did the swabbings and some sort of preliminary testing was done to test the likelihood that those swabbings were blood, and that's why they researched the vehicle? They obviously wouldn't have done complete testing on it at that point in time but isn't there a quick test they can do to check? Of course, I would think that if they came back later based on blood evidence, they would have done a lot more than take a knife, a Gatorade bottle, and a pawn shop ticket. I would assume that they'd probably remove entire seats or carpet, etc., to examine the blood patterns.

JerseyGirl said:
That's interesting. I never thought of it that way before. The way I read it, they wanted to search "further" because of something that Raven said during questioning. I just figured that it had meant that they did the swabbings on the vehicle but weren't allowed to take anything from the Durango the first time. Since I don't know how this stuff works, let me ask this. Is it possible that LE did the swabbings and some sort of preliminary testing was done to test the likelihood that those swabbings were blood, and that's why they researched the vehicle? They obviously wouldn't have done complete testing on it at that point in time but isn't there a quick test they can do to check? Of course, I would think that if they came back later based on blood evidence, they would have done a lot more than take a knife, a Gatorade bottle, and a pawn shop ticket. I would assume that they'd probably remove entire seats or carpet, etc., to examine the blood patterns.
I agree JG. I knew a guy that was suspected of a crime and they took his vehicle with a subpoena. LE totally ripped apart the inside of the car. When the guy got his car back, he was ticked! I suspect raven knew they would do the same to the vehicle he was driving that night and so conveniently didn't have the VX (his pride and joy) or the Acura (they owed money on this and he already found out what happens with an insurance claim) so that left the Durango.

Can you imagine the rage of raven getting back the Durango with the inside trashed? but probably not near as bad if LE had "searched" aka "trashed" the VX!!

ewwwinteresting said:
Can you imagine the rage of raven getting back the Durango with the inside trashed? but probably not near as bad if LE had "searched" aka "trashed" the VX!!
If Raven is anything like we've been told he is, I can imagine that he would be furious if they'd do that to his vehicle. If he is innocent then I can sort of understand that anger. But if he is the one that did this, it would just put the icing on the cake to find out that he was angry at police for something after he killed his wife. It would show those crazy, mixed-up priorities of his. We've been doing this so long that I forget the stuff from early on. Was there ever a warrant released of what exactly was taken the second time?

JG, you know you are right, but seriously, even if he wasn't the cold-blooded murderer (cough, cough), I can't see being angered, more about a VEHICLE as opposed to his Wife and unborn child's Murder.

Anger has its place, but to place it on a Vehicle would be sick, and if he got angry about it, and anyone coddled him about his poor friggin' vehicle, that's just as sick.

Be outraged about the MURDERS not over a trashed vehicle. That's would be such a narcissistic response, one in which Raven probably had, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels