General Discussions #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, even if raven was the murderer, he would have to act mad and upset about what LE did to his vehicle. If he didn't, wouldn't his family and friends wonder why he wasn't upset? His personality would be to get upset about something materialistic of his getting damaged....look how he reacted on the VX board...more upset about an auto part than he has shown being upset about his wife's and unborn child's murder!:eek:

terminatrixator said:
JG, you know you are right, but seriously, even if he wasn't the cold-blooded murderer (cough, cough), I can't see being angered, more about a VEHICLE as opposed to his Wife and unborn child's Murder.

Anger has its place, but to place it on a Vehicle would be sick, and if he got angry about it, and anyone coddled him about his poor friggin' vehicle, that's just as sick.

Be outraged about the MURDERS not over a trashed vehicle. That's would be such a narcissistic response, one in which Raven probably had, IMO.
*sigh* Doesn't that remind you of Scott Peterson, who, when le opened the door to his precious truck, put a glove between the door and the Land Rover, so as not to chip the paint on his door?

analytick said:
I fount it! From the May 3, 2005 News Observer Article:

"DURHAM -- Police say a Durham woman found dead in her home last week was stabbed, and a search warrant indicates that investigators wanted to further examine the family's SUV to determine the vehicle's "relationship" to the homicide.

'On Thursday, Durham police Cpl. B.E. Bradley was granted to a warrant to search a 1998 Dodge Durango belonging to Raven Abaroa, the victim's husband. The warrant indicates that the day before, police had searched the SUV and the home the couple rented in western Durham off Sparger Road. After police interviewed Raven Abaroa earlier on Thursday, they asked a judge for permission to search the vehicle for evidence a second time, the warrant said.

"Information disclosed during that interview has suggested that further scientific testing is needed to determine the relationship of the vehicle to the homicide," the warrant said."

So, after all those swabbings were taken, they had a separate warrant for the Durango. I remember seeing a news clip which shower the Durango being hauled away too.

Has anyone seen or heard any of the results from that warrant??
...wow........months later.....( how LONG ago april seems now..)this is VERY interesting........highly interesting........

and jersey also reminds us of the gatorade bottle......( presumably INSIDE the vehicle).........taken why ??? was their a blood transfer on the bottle ? or even a mere drop of blood ? on a bottle ---inside a vehicle ---that raven never entered on the night of the crime ?

..or DID he enter the vehicle..........? to grab the cell phone to call 911? ( so he says )( saying so only to account for any blood that may be IN the vehicle ?

...raven...........such a tricky bird..........

..but.......IF the blood on the gatorade bottle was dried..........that would be PRE soccer game........or at the least very PRE 911 call made by raven........and so , how did that get there?

..why did LE want "further scientific testing on that vehicle in relation to the homicide?"

...and yes......................no wonder raven had "the love of his life VX" in the shop that night........for fear of any forensic ripping apart....

raven, raven........you thought you were so clever.............looking back........ummmmmmmmmmmmmm.....you weren't.

lauriej said:
...wow........months later.....( how LONG ago april seems now..)this is VERY interesting........highly interesting........

and jersey also reminds us of the gatorade bottle......( presumably INSIDE the vehicle).........taken why ??? was their a blood transfer on the bottle ? or even a mere drop of blood ? on a bottle ---inside a vehicle ---that raven never entered on the night of the crime ?

..or DID he enter the vehicle..........? to grab the cell phone to call 911? ( so he says )( saying so only to account for any blood that may be IN the vehicle ?

...raven...........such a tricky bird..........

..but.......IF the blood on the gatorade bottle was dried..........that would be PRE soccer game........or at the least very PRE 911 call made by raven........and so , how did that get there?

..why did LE want "further scientific testing on that vehicle in relation to the homicide?"

...and yes......................no wonder raven had "the love of his life VX" in the shop that night........for fear of any forensic ripping apart....

raven, raven........you thought you were so clever.............looking back........ummmmmmmmmmmmmm.....you weren't.
This is a great question....what was it that raven said to make them look at that vehicle again???

ewwwinteresting said:
This is a great question....what was it that raven said to make them look at that vehicle again???
My theory on this has always been -

-Janet was murdered late Tuesday night.
-Presumably LE questioned Raven some that night, overnight and into Wednesday.
-As I recall, he was also questioned again on Thursday, after which the second warrant for the Durango was obtained.

I think during the Thursday questioning, Raven provided detail on his "alibi" for the evening. When he played soccer, times, where he played, etc. And, perhaps at some point he also said, "On the way to play soccer, I stopped and bought Gatorade," or, "On the way home from soccer, I stopped and bought Gatorade." And, perhaps more importantly, perhaps LE wanted to check out Raven's version of events for that evening - IF what Rooster said was true, that Raven deposited blood on the EXTERIOR of the Durango, as it was locked, and IF in Raven's story to LE he says he NEVER WENT INSIDE THE DURANGO, then LE might very well want to attempt to verify that story by reconciling it with physical evidence from the Durango itself.

These statements alone could very well have led LE to think they needed to take a closer look at the Durango.

Remember, on that first night, LE took swabbings from the EXTERIOR of the Durango, from the driver's door and window, and, they went inside the Durango and took the Bearclaw knife and the pawn ticket.

On the second warrant, they physically TOOK the Durango, and did a much more thorough investigation, ie., they took the Gatorade bottle, they did scientific testing INSIDE the Durango, swabbings, dirt samples from the undercarriage, etc. All of these things could very well go towards checking the soccer story, checking the Gatorade story if Raven did mention it, and checking Raven's version of events prior to calling 911.

Keeping in mind, if Raven says he never went inside the Durango, and if even one drop of Janet's blood was found inside the Durango - well, something there just wouldn't jive, IMO....

Did Raven has physical possession of the Durango at any time after the first swabbing and the 2nd warrant though, to make alterations, clean, move things around.

I suppose the Durango was thoroughly checked out that first night, but obviously not because the need for the 2nd warrant, but was the VX checked out at all for anything? Since it wasn't there, could there have been a transfer from the Durango to the VX at any time before the 2nd warrant?

terminatrixator said:
Did Raven has physical possession of the Durango at any time after the first swabbing and the 2nd warrant though, to make alterations, clean, move things around.

I suppose the Durango was thoroughly checked out that first night, but obviously not because the need for the 2nd warrant, but was the VX checked out at all for anything? Since it wasn't there, could there have been a transfer from the Durango to the VX at any time before the 2nd warrant?
IMO, this has always been a problem. Presumably, from what we know, the Durango was in the driveway the night of the murder. And at least a few things were done that first night (the exterior swabs, the knife, the pawn ticket)... and then it wasn't until Thursday that LE came back and TOOK the Durango. So one can assume at least, that the Durango was on the premises all day Wednesday, up until sometime Thursday when LE confiscated the vehicle. Now, that said, did Raven, or anyone for that matter, go back to the house in the interim? Who knows. So from the time LE left the scene, presumably sometime Wednesday, until they came back and took the Durango on Thursday, the security of that vehicle, etc., would seem questionable, IMO. Now who knows, perhaps there were LE types on site off and on that entire time, and the Durango was never out of anyone's sight. We don't know that. But I've always been bothered by the fact that even though the Durango was searched, SOMEWHAT, on the night of the murder, that it wasn't until Thursday that it was taken and a thorough search made.... So if at any point, in that lag time, the Durango was there, and no LE was around, it would seem that perhaps Raven, or anyone, could have gone over there and taken things out, moved things, whatever. Lots of "IFs," for sure...

Another thing that bothers me - the other vehicles. I seem to remember we've had unconfirmed reports that the Acura and the VX were not at the premises that night. If true, I certainly hope that LE searched them anyway!!! (We don't know if they did or not, as who knows, there could still be other warrants that we know nothing about I suppose.) I'm not sure how that would work, as far as getting a warrant to search vehicles not at the scene...but it would seem to me that LE would want to search ALL vehicles, just to be on the safe side if nothing else...but again, that's certainly JMO.

Thank you SES, this was all my understanding as well, and I guess we will not know exactly everything unless Raven becomes officially cleared, charges are made against another person or Raven is taken into custody for the crime of Murder, and we see the evidence laid out before us in a Court of Law.

I just wanted to make sure I had my thoughts and facts straight on this. Thank you for your immediate response.

I feel I need to start from the beginning of the case and go through it all again, as things are starting to cloud up a bit for me. Most of the time I think I know everything and then time ticks on.

Janet will not be forgotten and I will continually be searching for the truth until there is finally Justice for Janet Maria Christiansen Abaroa, her unborn Child, Kaiden, her family and friends.

Godspeed Justice!

SouthEastSleuth said:
IMO, this has always been a problem. Presumably, from what we know, the Durango was in the driveway the night of the murder. And at least a few things were done that first night (the exterior swabs, the knife, the pawn ticket)... and then it wasn't until Thursday that LE came back and TOOK the Durango. So one can assume at least, that the Durango was on the premises all day Wednesday, up until sometime Thursday when LE confiscated the vehicle. Now, that said, did Raven, or anyone for that matter, go back to the house in the interim? Who knows. So from the time LE left the scene, presumably sometime Wednesday, until they came back and took the Durango on Thursday, the security of that vehicle, etc., would seem questionable, IMO. Now who knows, perhaps there were LE types on site off and on that entire time, and the Durango was never out of anyone's sight. We don't know that. But I've always been bothered by the fact that even though the Durango was searched, SOMEWHAT, on the night of the murder, that it wasn't until Thursday that it was taken and a thorough search made.... So if at any point, in that lag time, the Durango was there, and no LE was around, it would seem that perhaps Raven, or anyone, could have gone over there and taken things out, moved things, whatever. Lots of "IFs," for sure...

Another thing that bothers me - the other vehicles. I seem to remember we've had unconfirmed reports that the Acura and the VX were not at the premises that night. If true, I certainly hope that LE searched them anyway!!! (We don't know if they did or not, as who knows, there could still be other warrants that we know nothing about I suppose.) I'm not sure how that would work, as far as getting a warrant to search vehicles not at the scene...but it would seem to me that LE would want to search ALL vehicles, just to be on the safe side if nothing else...but again, that's certainly JMO.
All news reports in that area showed LE at the house around the clock doing their investigating until that Durango was removed. There is no record of search warrants for the other two vehicles.

BirdHunter said:
All news reports in that area showed LE at the house around the clock doing their investigating until that Durango was removed. There is no record of search warrants for the other two vehicles.
Thanks BH! So, good news that LE was on the scene until the Durango was taken. Which should mean there was no chance for anyone to tamper with it in anyway! Just to have covered all bases, I do wish LE had searched the other two vehicles as well...but, one has to assume they knew what they were doing too. And, perhaps obtaining warrants for off-site vehicles is not feasble, who knows. But, at least we know the Durango was secured, and searched thoroughly!

SouthEastSleuth said:
Thanks BH! So, good news that LE was on the scene until the Durango was taken. Which should mean there was no chance for anyone to tamper with it in anyway! Just to have covered all bases, I do wish LE had searched the other two vehicles as well...but, one has to assume they knew what they were doing too. And, perhaps obtaining warrants for off-site vehicles is not feasble, who knows. But, at least we know the Durango was secured, and searched thoroughly!
If Janet was murdered the evening of April 26 (Tuesday) and we saw on the news report that the body was removed the next day....we can assume that they worked through the night looking for evidence and most likely all that day. Does anybody know whether they looked all Wednesday night also? Was the scene secured when no one was there (went to get search warrant, etc.)? I'm sure the neighbors would notice a guard or LE at the scene, which we've had no reports of them being there past Wednesday. I would think that if they were on the scene Wednesday evening or night, we would have seen reporters looking for "news"??

Oh wait, I remember the Van being taken away in the background of the news report on Wednesday....so maybe the van was removed from the property but not searched until Thursday. Could this have happened?

ewwwinteresting said:
If Janet was murdered the evening of April 26 (Tuesday) and we saw on the news report that the body was removed the next day....we can assume that they worked through the night looking for evidence and most likely all that day. Does anybody know whether they looked all Wednesday night also? Was the scene secured when no one was there (went to get search warrant, etc.)? I'm sure the neighbors would notice a guard or LE at the scene, which we've had no reports of them being there past Wednesday. I would think that if they were on the scene Wednesday evening or night, we would have seen reporters looking for "news"??

Oh wait, I remember the Van being taken away in the background of the news report on Wednesday....so maybe the van was removed from the property but not searched until Thursday. Could this have happened?[/QUOTE]
The van? Do you man the Durango? I don't have the answer, I just wanted to make sure I"m not confused.

LTUlegal said:
The van? Do you man the Durango? I don't have the answer, I just wanted to make sure I"m not confused.
Isn't the Durango a Van....or maybe it's a SUV?

..a dodge durango is classified an suv.....

..as with previous mentions, i do hope lE searched ALL of the vehicles thoroughly that night, and not just the one raven SAID he'd been driving......surely they did.

I am hoping the same thing. That they searched ALL THE VEHICLES. No dropping of the ball LE.

I hope they caught the ball, held onto the ball, and end up going all the way down the field with that ball, and eventually score a goal, right past the goalie with the ball! They need to shoot and score, is all I can say right now!:furious:

ewwwinteresting said:

Oh wait, I remember the Van being taken away in the background of the news report on Wednesday....so maybe the van was removed from the property but not searched until Thursday. Could this have happened?
I drove by that house on Ferrand St. on Thursday after the murder took place and there were plenty of media out front on the street. Also noticed that there were no cars in the drive way.

BirdHunter said:
I drove by that house on Ferrand St. on Thursday after the murder took place and there were plenty of media out front on the street. Also noticed that there were no cars in the drive way.
Ewww....good to know BH. Did you notice any LE around too?

:laugh:
terminatrixator said:
I hope they caught the ball, held onto the ball, and end up going all the way down the field with that ball, and eventually score a goal, right past the goalie with the ball! They need to shoot and score, is all I can say right now!:furious:
Despite the frustration....this was clever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea