General Discussions #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
excellent info julia...thankyou.....!

...i know earlier on there was lots of talk about lighted soccer fields..........but, if raven played on one of those that was NOT lit.......( or says he did..), then he sure had a lot of time between 8:30 and the 911 call at ( almost ) 11 p.m...

...and that's even if it took him an HOUR to get home from the game...........

...having concrete info on the game...........start/end time.....lit/not lit field is suddenly crucial...........

ewwwinteresting said:
Yes, except SES did a great post (albeit long :) ) on all kinds of stories the media could run in addition to doing their own reportive investigation. Even a story about LE making a statement about non random and then no followup would be a story. Now I do have to agree with you Jen, if anybody would talk, there would be much more interest in this case by the media.
I am right there with you ewww. I think that there are numerous stories to be made. But, so much of the information is unconfirmed/heresay. And because of the silence, no one can back up the information.:confused: Thus we come here day after day to do our best to remember this case and the fact that they are no closer, in our eyes, to solving this crime.

lauriej said:
...this may or may not make sense to anyone but myself but....

...i saw something a couple of years ago...........( maybe 'cold case files.......maybe law & order, csi.....one of 'those' programs..)

...anyway, the POI had said he was at an outdoor concert( or something like that....small , concert-in-the-park thing..)).................the POI says,"sorry, i was there alone.............lots of people, i didn't know any of them.....blah blah..."

...LE took every pair of shoes the guy owned, then took 'soil samples' from the place where the concert was.................voila', they couldn't place any of his shoes at the 'concert'...........and they cracked his alibi........

...yes..i know............that was a t.v.show........

...but, didn't LE take a lot of raven's shoes ?

...could raven have said........."yes, i played in an impromptu pick up soccer game...............sorry, can't name any of the others.....blah blah......."
...LE then says..........."ok, give us all of your shoes, and WE'LL place you at that game/that soccer field...........or not.".(.based on soil, samples ? )

...or maybe i'm just grasping at straws..........

I think these are very interesting observations lj. I always wondered about all those shoes...didn't the warrant list like 3-4 pairs or something? I mean ok, logic would say, take the ones he's wearing, take any he had on to play soccer, etc., but after that? SOMETHING sure led them to believe that should take all those shoes, for sure.

SouthEastSleuth said:
I think these are very interesting observations lj. I always wondered about all those shoes...didn't the warrant list like 3-4 pairs or something? I mean ok, logic would say, take the ones he's wearing, take any he had on to play soccer, etc., but after that? SOMETHING sure led them to believe that should take all those shoes, for sure.
Raven posted a photo that showed a closet in the background with the door open, and clothes in it. It could be that the shoes had blood spatter on them. They would have taken them in that case but perhaps they might also be checking to see if any of those shoes also had evidence of a recent trip to a soccer field as well. (I'm not sure when the photo was taken but wasn't it posted the day prior to the murder? Chances are probably good, knowing Raven's penchant for tech toys, the photo was probably taken with a digital camera and posted in short order.)

I'm confused about the two pairs of socks but I suppose that they could have been lying on the floor in the closet or elsewhere in the room.

true................good point JG.......i'm sure everything that had blood spatter was takien....

...the warrant also lists: sweatshirt, undershirt, shirt, shorts.........
http://www.wral.com/slideshow/4444879/detail.html?qs=;s=14;w=800

...which i always thought wasd a LOT for raven to be wearing that night.........but again, maybe one or 2 of those items was in the closet, and had blood spatter as well..........

.....in addition to the above articles of clothing, shoes, and socks ( blue ) and socks ( white ) were : ( as stated on the warrant ) : items collected by CSI from the victim's husband, raven...
...i would think that to mean, that is what he said he was wearing that night...........ALL of the above.........

...( b/c , items collected from the closet, by CSI, would be noted as such ?)

JerseyGirl said:
Raven posted a photo that showed a closet in the background with the door open, and clothes in it. It could be that the shoes had blood spatter on them. They would have taken them in that case but perhaps they might also be checking to see if any of those shoes also had evidence of a recent trip to a soccer field as well. (I'm not sure when the photo was taken but wasn't it posted the day prior to the murder? Chances are probably good, knowing Raven's penchant for tech toys, the photo was probably taken with a digital camera and posted in short order.)

I'm confused about the two pairs of socks but I suppose that they could have been lying on the floor in the closet or elsewhere in the room.
Good points all of you. All of a sudden we are seeing items on the search warrant that need to be discussed! Didn't they name the color or a brand of sweatshirt, which I thought was the same sweatshirt Raven was wearing in that picture at the computer. I'm thinking he had on the undershirt, shirt and sweatshirt when LE arrived and they took those clothes. The 4 pair of shoes are to match something.....soil? or maybe footprints? I'm wondering if soil testing would take 2 months? Gee, give me the dang shoes and I'll go compare the soil with the soccer field!

lauriej said:
...( b/c , items collected from the closet, by CSI, would be noted as such ?)
I'm thinking that they described the scene as alot of blood on the floor and some blood on the wall (or something like that). Do you think if there was blood in other places, they would have said walls or wall and closet??

ewwwinteresting said:
I'm thinking that they described the scene as alot of blood on the floor and some blood on the wall (or something like that). Do you think if there was blood in other places, they would have said walls or wall and closet??
You're right. And I don't recall it sounding like a messy scene. The blood on the wall, as I believe Timex pointed out, was noted as a smear, (as opposed to spatter). The blood on the floor was mentioned as "a lot of blood on the floor under the victim" or something like that, wasn't it? I could be totally wrong, but I don't see it as being covered with spatter so there might very well be another explanation for what was taken.

JerseyGirl said:
You're right. And I don't recall it sounding like a messy scene. The blood on the wall, as I believe Timex pointed out, was noted as a smear, (as opposed to spatter). The blood on the floor was mentioned as "a lot of blood on the floor under the victim" or something like that, wasn't it? I could be totally wrong, but I don't see it as being covered with spatter so there might very well be another explanation for what was taken.
If there was a lot of blood on the floor and Raven tried to save her (according to Rooster), there would be bloody footprints in the house. I wonder if the shoes Raven was wearing when LE arrived weren't bloody and there were no footprints in the house. This would indicate the house was cleaned and Raven changed shoes. That would be a red flag to me if I was LE.

JerseyGirl said:

Would LE have taken the shoes/socks or other items of clothing he was wearing? Alot of guys wear 2 pairs of socks at a time (not sure why!).....

mad hatter said:
Would LE have taken the shoes/socks or other items of clothing he was wearing? Alot of guys wear 2 pairs of socks at a time (not sure why!).....
That is what I think and additional shoes. But if Raven murdered Janet, I'm sure he would have gotten rid of the clothes and shoes he was wearing while committing the crime. Probably dumped bleach all over them and buried then out in the woods with the murder weapon. Just out of curiosity, would bleach remove blood, dna from clothes, shoes and the knife?

ewwwinteresting said:
That is what I think and additional shoes. But if Raven murdered Janet, I'm sure he would have gotten rid of the clothes and shoes he was wearing while committing the crime. Probably dumped bleach all over them and buried then out in the woods with the murder weapon. Just out of curiosity, would bleach remove blood, dna from clothes, shoes and the knife?
I don't know if bleach would remove DNA from clothes. I think that the list of clothing and shoes that were listed as being removed were what he was wearing when LE arrived and that the other items had blood splatter on them. I could imagine that with a new baby and HER working, there house wasn't free of clutter, shoes laying around etc that could have easily have gotten blood on them.

ewwwinteresting said:
per the warrant:( page 4 )

http://www.wral.com/slideshow/4444879/detail.html?qs=;s=4;w=800

Investigator Early :

"there was a large amount of blood near the body, there was stains on the wall of the bedroom, and there was blood stains near the side door of the residence,located on the south side.

While bleach may not completely remove blood from clothes, a knife, or shoes, it would most definitely corrupt the dna value.

ewwwinteresting said:

:laugh:
booradley said:
Hello: Well thanks to all of you, I stayed up until 3:00 a.m. I saw a reference to this case on the Natalee H. site and came over. Once I started reading I could not stop!
We should probably have a warning on this forum. "Once you start, you won't be able to let go." :)

This case is just crying out for justice and we are the only ones talking about it!!!:banghead:

Well said!!!

ewwwinteresting said:
:laugh:
We should probably have a warning on this forum. "Once you start, you won't be able to let go." :)

This case is just crying out for justice and we are the only ones talking about it!!!:banghead:

When is something going to happen here? I took some time off reading these because I felt like I was becoming a little obsessed....But I knew Janet and I just can't figure out why nothing is happening here. I know that Raven is reading this....

RAVEN...Please tell us that you didn't do this. Why aren't you screaming from the rooftops?

I just don't understand.

icare said:
When is something going to happen here? I took some time off reading these because I felt like I was becoming a little obsessed....But I knew Janet and I just can't figure out why nothing is happening here. I know that Raven is reading this....

RAVEN...Please tell us that you didn't do this. Why aren't you screaming from the rooftops?

I just don't understand.
Hi icare,

I believe he is not talking because his defense attorney has told him not to... And think about these things:

If Raven is innocent, why does he **still** need a defense attorney, over two months after Janet was found murdered?

If Raven is innocent, why is he listening to his defense attorney and not talking?

If Raven is innocent, shouldn't he be confident in his innocence that he would have no problem publicly stating he is innocent, and that he is fully cooperating with LE to find who did this to Janet, his wife and the mother of his child?

If Raven is innocent, why hasn't LE come out and said, Raven is not a suspect?

If Raven is innocent, the silence is deafening.

Moxie said:
Hi icare,

I believe he is not talking because his defense attorney has told him not to... And think about these things:

If Raven is innocent, why does he **still** need a defense attorney, over two months after Janet was found murdered?

If Raven is innocent, why is he listening to his defense attorney and not talking?

If Raven is innocent, shouldn't he be confident in his innocence that he would have no problem publicly stating he is innocent, and that he is fully cooperating with LE to find who did this to Janet, his wife and the mother of his child?

If Raven is innocent, why hasn't LE come out and said, Raven is not a suspect?

If Raven is innocent, the silence is deafening.
You forgot one, if Raven is innocent, why did he refuse to take the polygraph? (of course that's unconfirmed info, right?)

BTW, nice post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member