George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is sad. This witness looks so young. I can't imagine how traumatic this must have been for him.

It would have been recorded on the cell phone so yes i would believe him. There is NOTHING on that cell phone that suggests he gave any warning death was about to face that child.

He had no reason to fear for his life until the fight started. The fight wasn't recorded on the cell phone, was it? The only words spoken before the fight according to the girlfriend was 'who are you'.

Who said that? GZ? Yes. IMO a self serving statement I doubt there will be evidence he was going to Target.

That is a fact. He was not on Watch that night. Not that I think it was more than a group of neighbors looking out for each other...

The thing that keeps popping up in my mind is that most likely TM was so much faster than GZ. If he would have ran, There is no way GZ would have caught him. Why did he come back to confront GZ? He had to have because GZ had lost him.

What I don't understand is why he should have had to run in the first place-

Seriously had he run GZ would have followed pointed out where he went to LE and then the question would be "if you did nothing wrong why did you run?"

I have an idea.....lets discuss what is CURRENTLY going on in the trial. I know that opening statements bring up a lot of things, but they have not actually started to put things into evidence yet. Too many discussions about what people "feel" happened and going back and forth with others that don't agree. Lets discuss those as they come up.

As far as opening statements, I think the defense went on waayyy to long. They should know what is and what isn't allowed in opening statements. How many times did the judge have to tell him that what he was discussing was for Closing Arguments. She had to tell him a couple times also that she will give the jury their instructions in closing and that he does not do that in opening. Wonder why O'Mara didn't give the opening??

Karmady posted:
Well there ya have it. Not sure why they're bothering with this whole trial thing. It's quite expensive and time consuming lol

Happens every day. Seriously though' some are declaring that GZ did absolutely nada that was wrong or illegal. That won't wash. Florida doesn't hold murder trails for amusement sake.

I like how the cameras can pan to show witnesses walking into the courtroom from the hall

What I don't understand is why he should have had to run in the first place-

Seriously had he run GZ would have followed pointed out where he went to LE and then the question would be "if you did nothing wrong why did you run?"

Just saying that if TM wanted to avoid GZ altogether he could have and been gone. To me it give more credence to TM wanting to confront.

Happens every day. Seriously though' some are declaring that GZ did absolutely nada that was wrong or illegal. That won't wash. Florida doesn't hold murder trails for amusement sake.

The state bringing charges is not evidence of wrongdoing. Many people have been wrongly convicted.

If it was to save himself all he needed to say is stop or i will shoot.

Can't say you have a gun when its not even in your hands/control yet.

when someone is that close to you when assaulting you They can grab the gun and use it against you.

The kid is dead so I guess GZ was pretty dangerous

No. GZ defended his life. That is the difference. He did not go out looking to shoot someone. He did not go on a hunt that night.. He saw someone suspicious and called the cops.. People who are dangerous, Don't do that..

Prosecution is asking 7-11 employee about Trayvon getting his Arizona Ice Tea and Skittles. Paid cash. Nothing about Trayvon caused employee any concern. Did not know Trayvon.

Looking for trouble? Lol he was on the phone with police.

A N D, when they told ( ordered ) him not to follow TM, he disobeyed a direct order by LE because he was absolutely looking for trouble and didn't care what the Law had to say about it. He broke the law right then, by ignoring a specific order. He was on a mission, a personal one. IMO

I have an idea.....lets discuss what is CURRENTLY going on in the trial. I know that opening statements bring up a lot of things, but they have not actually started to put things into evidence yet. Too many discussions about what people "feel" happened and going back and forth with others that don't agree. Lets discuss those as they come up.

As far as opening statements, I think the defense went on waayyy to long. They should know what is and what isn't allowed in opening statements. How many times did the judge have to tell him that what he was discussing was for Closing Arguments. She had to tell him a couple times also that she will give the jury their instructions in closing and that he does not do that in opening. Wonder why O'Mara didn't give the opening??

I was surprised when I saw West open and I feel that West seems to pander too much- his knock knock joke is regretable. OMara would have been much better but I guess we will be hearing a lot from him later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayjay90