Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
An unnamed source once again, also why would the prosecution be revealing to the public that which should be heard in court first of all, then to the public?

I see that you need a subscription to read the article - does it have a specific date in February?

TIA! :)

I see that you need a subscription to read the article - does it have a specific date in February?

TIA! :)
No it's a rehash of the story from last week, with a bit added on, interestingly still nothing I can see on the press release page for the prosecutors page.

Interesting quote from Hazel B.:

Behan told the Olive Press, earlier this month: “I’m sure it was Brueckner who spoke to men in English with a German accent.

“It was a terrifying four hour ordeal in which he beat and raped me, all on camera. He held a huge knife and knew my name."

Looks like, as if the prosecutor do have the footage, as i supposed from the very beginning.

CBs lawyer FF confirmed that the court asked him about appointments for the trials
“Brückner's defender Dr. Friedrich Fülscher (39) confirmed to BILD that the court had requested appointments at the defense. Fülscher: "However, due to other, priority proceedings in court and defense, I do not assume that the trial will begin before March. Procedures in which pre-trial detention is carried out must be processed before such procedures in which the detention takes place on a basis other than a detention order."

Interesting quote from Hazel B.:

Behan told the Olive Press, earlier this month: “I’m sure it was Brueckner who spoke to men in English with a German accent.

“It was a terrifying four hour ordeal in which he beat and raped me, all on camera. He held a huge knife and knew my name."

Looks like, as if the prosecutor do have the footage, as i supposed from the very beginning.
Do you think so? Why?
She obviously knew he was recording all on camera but then the footage be on possession of the prosecutor...I thought they didn't have that evidence.

Do you think so? Why?
She obviously knew he was recording all on camera but then the footage be on possession of the prosecutor...I thought they didn't have that evidence.
Because it wouldn't be necessary to mention, if that footage wouldn't be part of the evidence.

Like in the two other rape charges, without any knowledge about the the elderly italian women and the young girl. I don't think the charges of these two rape crimes are just based on statements of Helge B. and Manfred S., that they've seen it on video in 2006.

But soon we'll see....

An unnamed source once again, also why would the prosecution be revealing to the public that which should be heard in court first of all, then to the public?

Honestly, 'exclusives' behind paywalls? The transparency of it! I can't even be bothered to bypass this one.

The official channels will announce anything worth reporting when trial dates are confirmed. 'Exclusives' have no use or useful purpose here. Most particularly ones behind paywalls.

Last edited:
Do you think so? Why?

I don't believe they have. It would be known by now if that evidence existed since we know about the footage relating to the two unknown female victims, also on the current charge sheet. That 'all on camera' comment by HazelB refers imo to her testimony that she was filmed by the man who assaulted and raped her, not that footage exists of it.

But, just to add, I don't think lack of video footage will have any negative significance in her case. Of all the pending charges against CB, I think this one will go the distance.

Last edited:
The PJ. Where Bilton got the apology from who knows.

Investigation into the disappearance of an English child in the Algarve in 2007​

Published in10/30/2023

The Judiciary Police clarifies that, as part of the investigation into the disappearance of an English child, which occurred in the Algarve in 2007, efforts continue to be carried out, aiming to fully clarify the situation.

In this context and as opportunely made public, in close coordination with the German (BKA) and English (Metropolitan Police) Authorities, formal acts of investigation and expertise have been carried out, in Portugal and abroad, as well as information being shared and revisited depositions.

As is also normal, in this type of situation and corresponds to good practices, face-to-face contacts were made with the relatives of the missing child, transmitting – only – the procedural status, within the scope of the ongoing Inquiry, pending at the Public Prosecutor's Office. of the District of Faro.

I'm amazed Brueckner's lawyer keeps banging on about his client's right to a fair trial being jeopardised.

As has been made clear ad nausium, in Germany, cases are both and heard and determined by judges sitting alone and without juries, and are no doubt deemed sufficiently rigorous and impartial not to allow themselves to be influenced by pre-trial publicity.

I'm amazed Brueckner's lawyer keeps banging on about his client's right to a fair trial being jeopardised.

As has been made clear ad nausium, in Germany, cases are both and heard and determined by judges sitting alone and without juries, and are no doubt deemed sufficiently rigorous and impartial not to allow themselves to be influenced by pre-trial publicity.

I have only two fears:
- CB found guilty and he did not do it.
- CB found not guilty and he did it.

I have only two fears:

I am not worried about either of those things - i trust the trial process if it ever gets there

I am more worried about prosecutors claiming people are guilty of serious felonies in the media but then not charging them for years. As was noted in the spiegel (i think?) piece, it seems to fall into a grey area where the state can accuse a citizen of the most serious crime, but under the criminal code, the accused has no recourse to the evidence or allegations against him

Kafka

I get few people care because this accused is such a horrific person, but the potential to misuse these powers is obvious as was already seen in the Wirecard case where FT journalists were publicaly accused of crimes by the prosecutors office based on no evidence at all. This example is why I remain sceptical of claims by prosecutors about evidence they believe they have - even where in good faith.

Last edited:
I have only two fears:
Not a fear, but...I just hope it doesn't happen (but maybe likely) that they can't prove CB is guilty (or not guilty, although I no longer believe he didn't do it).

Thanks for taking the time to share and detail your view.

Totally agree in regards to previous OC intrusions and same pattern (window), and definitely when you write at some point that week the crime became premeditated. Exactly my thoughts.
Very good point, the re-registering of the car. I do not recall the details, but even if the abduction was premeditated that week, would this make the re-registering so unlikely to occur on the day after? Also unlikely but could it be related with the phone call? Too much complex looking to CB's profile...
I initially tought re-registering could serve more as a tentative alibi(?!) of not being where he was.
If Jaguar had significance to the crime, how? To distract from the typical "hippy bus" and used for the disposal of the injured party?
Just speculative notes...I don't recall if some might not even be possible anymore considering some known facts.
Good points, cheers.

I did wonder whether CB using his phone in the area could be a sign that this wasn’t premeditated because if it was then he wouldn’t have taken the risk.

But on reflection, I don’t think he was a sophisticated criminal. He was risk taker in many of his crimes. That said, he was cautious when breaking in to assault people, he tried hard not to leave a forensic case. Ultimately I think CB benefited from the inadequacies of an incompetent & corrupt police force. He knew the PJ would never catch him for these crimes & he was right.
I wonder if he too has this shallow & senseless idea that only forensics can prove one is guilty of a crime. Taking photographs, bragging about them, talking about them online & having a unique Mo are all doors into an investigation.

If this was premeditated I imagine his vehicle would be parked closer than it would have been if his primary motive was to steal. I think the chances he was in 5a the night before are higher if this was premeditated. I’m still 80/20 that this started as a burglary. I’m guessing 1 or 2 people & the BKA are the only ones who likely have a clearer picture on this

Is there any link/article with that info (AB confirming he "only" received the paperwork)?
"Around" that time?! So how could BKA knew it was on 4th? In any case, what a "coincidence"....
I’m certain it’s been posted here before, perhaps do a forum search.

CB may have been wanting to return to Germany. When he did return that same year, he lived with AB. There is a logical argument to say he wanted to reregister the Jag there.

<modsnip> Has a date actually been set for his trial(s) yet in the rape/child sex attacks cases yet does anyone know?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member