IL IL - Boy, 2-3 yo, wandering alone 1:30am West 107th St, Roseland Dist, no shoes or pants, speaks Spanish, looking for his family, Chicago, 21 Dec 2023

IMO, he was in the care of or sheltering with someone in the immediate neighborhood. Either in one of the residences or in a car parked in the empty lot/parking lot next to where he was found.

He could not have been outside for very long barefoot at 36F. LE has made no statements about hypothermia or frostbite.

JMO
I agree, he was not outside long.
So that leaves the choices as: wondering from a very nearby building or being dropped there, very recently.

You would think that if the child lived locally that at some point someone would have seen him,a neighbor , a clerk at a store, a pediatrician,etc. I'm not sure how much local attention this is getting but unless this kid never left the house or just came to the area, someone knows where he lives

The parents have been identified. An investigation is underway. Reported this morning on Chicago News. Toddler, parents ID’d after boy found wandering alone on South Side; police investigating
link not workin?
here is another one
It was not immediately clear if the parents had been located, however, with police only confirming the pair had been "identified."

Police said the case remained under investigation as of Tuesday morning.

The boy, who speaks only Spanish, was taken to Roseland Hospital for evaluation. Police confirmed on Tuesday that the boy and his parents were identified last week, but police would not say if the boy is back in his parents' custody, or if they would face any charges​

It might not be great news. Woud'nt a parent report a missing toddler IMMEDIATELY?
You would hope so, that's the part that doesn't make sense to me.

I keep trying to figure out the reasons his parent's didn't come forward to claim and identify their child.

Maybe one of his parents was already wanted by LE for committing a crime and knew they would be arrested if identified and located

JMO

Last edited:
Is Chicago not a sanctuary city of sorts ?

Yes, it is officially a sanctuary city, but it is definitely not a catch-all solution. Migrants may still be hesitant to go to the authorities, sometimes based on social media or what friends say.

As an example when the Trump administration was proposing making use of food stamps a "public charge" (which would affect the citizenship process), we had people calling the county office to cancel their cases or applications despite us trying to explain and tell them it was only proposed and wouldn't affect them until the start of the next year after it was changed. They were scared.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buybuyavto
Back