GUILTY IL - Lauren Lofquist, 8, murdered, Clarendon Hills, 26 March 2006

How very sad, this poor little angel, knew darn good and well that it was her dad who was attacking her....tragic..

I'm like you though, no way am I leaving my child at home while I go with my husband to the hospital for a cut finger, he can go by himself he's a grown adult...something is very screwy here, but unfortunately the cold hard facts are that a baby girl is now gone and a very scared and shaken little boy knows his father is the murderer....my heart aches

2beautifulboys said:
How very sad, this poor little angel, knew darn good and well that it was her dad who was attacking her....tragic..

I'm like you though, no way am I leaving my child at home while I go with my husband to the hospital for a cut finger, he can go by himself he's a grown adult...something is very screwy here, but unfortunately the cold hard facts are that a baby girl is now gone and a very scared and shaken little boy knows his father is the murderer....my heart aches

The brother and mother are going through hell now I'm sure.................and not to mention Lauren's classmates. They thought they lived in such a safe world. Kids in this town are always outside playing in the park, riding bikes, etc, pretty close knit town............such innocent kids. Now just the fact that they are going to hear how their friend was killed..........it's just awful.

Lauren's church is having a special family prayer service tonight, they have opened there doors to everybody thats needed to talk or needs more support the past two days, which I'm sure has helped some kids.
The school is on spring break, but is planning to have counseling sunday. Lauren's brother is also a student at the same school.

Sounds like dad was on drugs.. JMO

God Bless this little angel. :angel:

I just don't understand. :( :furious:

This is so appalling!!!!! :furious: :furious: :( :( :furious: :furious: :( :(

Boatswain'sMate said:
What in the world does the last sentence of this article mean? "With flashlights in hand, Chicago detectives scoured the lobby of a vintage Lakeview apartment building for clues."

How is that related to this case?

It doesn't have anything to do with the case, they were breaking into the next story about an assault in Chicago. That does seem confusing when reading the article .

maiseyjane said:

Where is he going to get the money to pay the attorney? If I were his wife, he wouldn't get his murdering hands on any of the family money. They recently sold two businesses--she better protect that money IMO.

Snips:

No motive was offered, but Kendall told Judge Joseph Bongiorno additional charges could be filed against Lofquist based on autopsy evidence. The coroner's office would not release information about the autopsy.

No decision has yet been made about whether prosecutors would seek the death penalty against Lofquist, Kendall said.

Lofquist, wearing a jail-issued orange jumpsuit, answered the judge's questions, saying he was self-employed and planned to hire his own attorney.

Patrick Provanzale, an attorney with the Clarendon Hills law firm Connolly, Ekl & Williams, appeared in bond court and told Bongiorno the firm may be hired to represent the defendant.

Lofquist is set to be arraigned April 24 before Judge Michael Burke.

Lisa Lofquist is an occupational therapist, and the couple recently sold two pottery-making shops they owned, friends and family said.

Lisa Lofquist and her son are staying with family friends, and a funeral service has not been set, Fisher said.

This poor little girl. Dad must have eiher completely lost his mind or was on drugs.
I feel so sad for little Lauren and her mom and brother...

to me the whole - more charges pending results of autopsy - brings to mind sexual assult. Just my opinion and thoughts though.

maiseyjane said:
Does anybody know if he is declared insane can he still get the death penalty? just curious

If the jury finds him not guilty by reason of insanity, they can't punish him because he's not guilty of anything. He would be in the state mental hospital until such time as the judge determines he's no longer a danger to himself or anyone else. Hope this helps!!

amom said:
to me the whole - more charges pending results of autopsy - brings to mind sexual assult. Just my opinion and thoughts though.

Yes, I was thinking sexual assault also. If he had it in him to kill her like that, he was capable of anything.
I hope to god that she wasn't dealing with sexual assault in her life, but it's definitely a possibility. And if that did occur.............very scary that he was around so many kids (as a sunday school teacher, soccer coach, place of business that caters to kids (pottery bar), and his daughters friends.)

Jeana (DP) said:
If the jury finds him not guilty by reason of insanity, they can't punish him because he's not guilty of anything. He would be in the state mental hospital until such time as the judge determines he's no longer a danger to himself or anyone else. Hope this helps!!

Jeana,
Thanks, that helps. It's disturbing though.

maiseyjane said:
Jeana,
Thanks, that helps. It's disturbing though.

The chances of of him being found not guilty by reason of insanity are about 99.99999999% against him. He has no history of mental illness and according to what I read, he wasn't even acting suspicious enough that his wife thought anything was amiss with him.

Jeana (DP) said:
The chances of of him being found not guilty by reason of insanity are about 99.99999999% against him. He has no history of mental illness and according to what I read, he wasn't even acting suspicious enough that his wife thought anything was amiss with him.

Jeana,
Thanks for your responses. I'm just sick to my stomach about this! The family lives about 5 blocks from me and I know several of lauren's classmates. I met lauren a couple times, just a beautiful girl. I hope he doesn't get off with not guilty by reason of insanity, I know the courts can be goofy but really how can people like that be capable of something so awful and not be insane.
(Reminds me of the Winkler case: viewed as great families in the community and no signs that something like that was coming)

maiseyjane said:
Jeana,
Thanks for your responses. I'm just sick to my stomach about this! The family lives about 5 blocks from me and I know several of lauren's classmates. I met lauren a couple times, just a beautiful girl. I hope he doesn't get off with not guilty by reason of insanity, I know the courts can be goofy but really how can people like that be capable of something so awful and not be insane.
(Reminds me of the Winkler case: viewed as great families in the community and no signs that something like that was coming)

Some people are just evil. There's no other way of looking at it. This man may have been molesting her for a while, as sad as that is to think of. Sounds like something made him mad enough to snap. That doesn't make him insane.

Jeana (DP) said:
Some people are just evil. There's no other way of looking at it. This man may have been molesting her for a while, as sad as that is to think of. Sounds like something made him mad enough to snap. That doesn't make him insane.

True, you are right. I think I'm just niave because I don't see how anybody can be sane and molest or kill their kids.
What you said makes sense though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RyanO9600
Back