GUILTY IL - Lauren Lofquist, 8, murdered, Clarendon Hills, 26 March 2006

Jeana (DP) said:
Some people are just evil. There's no other way of looking at it. This man may have been molesting her for a while, as sad as that is to think of. Sounds like something made him mad enough to snap. That doesn't make him insane.

She could have said something as simple as no...I don't want you to do that to me anymore!

I still say narcissist and child molester. He has all the earmarks of one. JMO.

lisag said:
This poor little girl. Dad must have eiher completely lost his mind or was on drugs.
I feel so sad for little Lauren and her mom and brother...
What drug makes someone go from being the perfect husband and father to a raving lunatic?

Jeana (DP) said:
Some people are just evil. There's no other way of looking at it. This man may have been molesting her for a while, as sad as that is to think of. Sounds like something made him mad enough to snap. That doesn't make him insane.
Well, if he was evil, he sure did a good job of hiding it from everyone around him. This reminds me of Darlie's case in that he has no history of violence or criminal activity. I don't think he is insane, but I sure would like to know what happened.

maiseyjane said:
True, you are right. I think I'm just niave because I don't see how anybody can be sane and molest or kill their kids.
What you said makes sense though.
Why not? Good people do hateful acts all the time. We see it in the way they do business, how they treat each other when no one is looking, and esp how they treat each other in divorces and fighting over family money/inheritances, etc. O, look how people turn colors when the fight is over a child. Good people can be every bit as evil as some of our worst criminals. In fact, cases like this often shock hardened criminals.

I wish that explained why he did it, but at best I think it only shows how such things are possible.

concernedperson said:
I thought so. I have known some folks hooked on drugs and not a single one has killed anyone, let alone a child in such a hideous manner. Now people will do some awful things to get drugs but never heard of anyone getting freaked out on them and killing for no reason. Even Manson's bunch didn't do that. We hear all the time that drugs cause this and that, but I sure wish someone would detail a case for me where the defendant actually took something that turned him into a monster who would not otherwise have killed.

IF the new autopsy information indicates sexual molestation, I am guessing that Lauren was resisting him and said she was going to tell somebody and he went ballistic.

"Clarendon Hills police say the man who allegedly killed his 8-year-old daughter over the weekend says he did the world a favor .

According to police, Neil Lofquist, 40, said over and over again that his
first-born child was the devil and he had to kill her. "
http://www.nbc5.com/family/8344652/detail.html

Okay. So he suddenly went psychotic? That's a little unusual for a 40-year-old man.

doesn't that just sound like something he made up on the fly? how convenient. i mean i have no doubt he's off his rocker. killing his baby so cold bloodedly. but i don't know. sounds fake to me.

According to the articles, some of the neighbors have stated he had been acting rather erratically in the last few weeks.

MistyM said:
doesn't that just sound like something he made up on the fly? how convenient. i mean i have no doubt he's off his rocker. killing his baby so cold bloodedly. but i don't know. sounds fake to me.
Me too. I'm in agreement with those that think sexual assault is likely a part of this equation. Either she got old enough that she realized what was going on and threatened to tell or perhaps he killed her because he couldn't stop abusing her (the devil made him do it).

SewingDeb said:
Maiseyjane,

I noticed in your link that DNA is being tested and the results might bring more charges against him. : (

Yes, rumor around here is that the other charges will most likely have something to do with sexual assault.

You know if they were upstairs, couldn't the mom hear the commotion going on? Not sure how big the house was though. This makes me so sad for the Mom and Son - the father, well I can't even go there but monster rings in my head.

Masissy said:
You know if they were upstairs, couldn't the mom hear the commotion going on? Not sure how big the house was though. This makes me so sad for the Mom and Son - the father, well I can't even go there but monster rings in my head.

The house was a decent size, but not huge. I would think in that house that she would've heard something also. Unless "downstairs" was the basement, then it would've been harder to hear. If he told her he was putting the kids to bed, she probably wouldn't have had anything on loud (tv, radio, etc.).
The neighbor that found Lauren said there were bad bruises on her forehead...........so I'm thinkin that when he tried to drown her in the toilet he was probably banging her head on the toilet. If that was the case that had to make some noise.
The police interviewed mom and said they don't believe she knew at all what was going on up there. But how awful for her.............she's going to have to live with the "what ifs?" for the rest of her life. Even if she did hear a noise, who knows if maybe her husband said "we're fine up here don't worry", etc.

A lot of people around here are speculating that maybe he is making up the "devil" defense just to make it seem like he is insane, because he never showed any signs of insanity before.

I am sorry but I am so sick of people -claiming "the devil made me do it" etc Insanity Pleas I feel should not be allowed - This man murder his daughtere and possibly abused her in other ways he should nto be able to plead Insane - that is BS becaue they want to get out facing their punishment.

So let say he pleased insanity and they find him not guilty because of insanity & they lock him up in a mental hospital - they spends years of therapy & tons of the tax payers money trying to "cure/help" this man why??? So he maybe some can get out???? That is BS - jail is where he should go & if they have the DP that is what his fait should be.

The Lofquist murder had not made it to my radar screen until today as I was more wrapped up in the Winkler case the last few days. I have an 8-year old daughter, and as I was reading this thread and the Chicago Tribune links, I had tears starting to stream down my face. Some for the love I have for my daughter, some for this poor little girl, and some for just the damned evil in our society.

I do not buy that 'I thought she was the devil' rambling one damn bit, in terms of it possibly leading to an insanity plea. That story is too 'canned'. The LE must closely investigate this man. To me, there is a lot going on behind the scenes with him; and I hope they look closely into the transactions where he sold his pottery businesses. There could be some clues there.

Sorry -- this story kind of sneaked up on my defenses a little bit and got to me. :(

MistyGirl said:
I am sorry but I am so sick of people -claiming "the devil made me do it" etc Insanity Pleas I feel should not be allowed - This man murder his daughtere and possibly abused her in other ways he should nto be able to plead Insane - that is BS becaue they want to get out facing their punishment.

So let say he pleased insanity and they find him not guilty because of insanity & they lock him up in a mental hospital - they spends years of therapy & tons of the tax payers money trying to "cure/help" this man why??? So he maybe some can get out???? That is BS - jail is where he should go & if they have the DP that is what his fait should be.
I'm with you MistyGirl..:furious: :furious:

maiseyjane said:
The house was a decent size, but not huge. I would think in that house that she would've heard something also. Unless "downstairs" was the basement, then it would've been harder to hear. If he told her he was putting the kids to bed, she probably wouldn't have had anything on loud (tv, radio, etc.).
The neighbor that found Lauren said there were bad bruises on her forehead...........so I'm thinkin that when he tried to drown her in the toilet he was probably banging her head on the toilet. If that was the case that had to make some noise.
The police interviewed mom and said they don't believe she knew at all what was going on up there. But how awful for her.............she's going to have to live with the "what ifs?" for the rest of her life. Even if she did hear a noise, who knows if maybe her husband said "we're fine up here don't worry", etc.

A lot of people around here are speculating that maybe he is making up the "devil" defense just to make it seem like he is insane, because he never showed any signs of insanity before.
Seems to be the new easy way out. Andrea Yates was indeed sick. So these folks that fake and try to pull this insanity thing should be tried, convicted and locked up forever.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParamLubana
Back