GUILTY IL - Lauren Lofquist, 8, murdered, Clarendon Hills, 26 March 2006

It goes without saying that one has to feel badly for the child, but think of that poor neighbor who found her. What a thing to have to remember for the rest of her life. The so-called father is really a ....

Actually, I don't think you should be allowed to exercise and lift weights when you're incarcerated. I'd rather have criminals flabby and out of shape. That way if they escape, I can outrun them or at least get in a good punch or two. I'm NOT making light of the situation, either. I think he should be in time-out now and forever.

I agree with you. Criminals get a roof over their heads, a bed, 3 meals a day, TV, exercise. There are so many law abiding citizens in the US that don't enjoy any of that.

cathieq said:
Actually, I don't think you should be allowed to exercise and lift weights when you're incarcerated. I'd rather have criminals flabby and out of shape. That way if they escape, I can outrun them or at least get in a good punch or two. I'm NOT making light of the situation, either. I think he should be in time-out now and forever.

Agreed!

Thinking of Lars and Lisa Lofquist today, hoping they are making it through this living hell.

I only scanned through these articles, can anyone tell me where the mother was during the attack and why no one heard it?

teonspaleprincess said:
I only scanned through these articles, can anyone tell me where the mother was during the attack and why no one heard it?

I believe she was downstairs with their son watching TV.

Women in Crime Ink has a story up about this case:

http://www.womenincrimeink.blogspot.com/

Here is a recent news article which was linked in the WIKI story:
http://www.mysuburbanlife.com/darie...rder-videotaping-of-Lofquist-psych-interviewshttp://www.mysuburbanlife.com/darie...rder-videotaping-of-Lofquist-psych-interviews

Fawell also ordered 43-year-old Lofquist not to make any phone calls from the DuPage County Jail to his ex-wife or son. Lofquist had made numerous attempts to contact his family by phone, Ruggiero said.
Lofquist appeared before the judge in handcuffs, leg shackles and an orange jail jumpsuit. He displayed no obvious emotion during the brief hearing.

Thought she had a restraining order. I'd take away his phone privileges if I were the judge. Can you imagine? Two years after he murders their little girl and he is still harassing them even while in prison. Creepy!

Susan

Saw this:
https://www.libertysuburban.com/story.php?sid=44793&pub=

Neighbor recalls encounter with Lofquist

By Alison Swade

Staff writer

Published: 4/7/06

While Lofquist does not have any criminal history, Downers Grove Deputy Police Chief Kurt Bluder said police did field a complaint in 2002 alleging he had inappropriately touched a 17-year-old employee at the Mad Potter. The teen alleged Lofquist touched her between December 2001 and March 2002.

And this:
Death penalty possible in girl’s murder
By Christy Gutowski
Daily Herald Legal Affairs Writer
Posted Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The divorce filings offered a small glimpse into the pain the mother and son endured. The wife also was forced to deal with financial hardship after discovering he squandered nearly $200,000 of their home’s equity while taking out a loan without her knowledge, the divorce petition states.

Oop. at least one of these were posted earlier...but do give some insight into the case.

Read in the news about the Naperville, Illinois, Surgical Nurse, Marilyn Lemak, who gave her three children mashed up Ativan in peanut butter sandwiches, and then held their nose with one hand and covered their mouths with the other hand to kill them, because her estranged ER Doctor husband was seeing another woman. How sad.

I was....lets just say an extremely close friend of hers...only eight....just like her....I went to soccer just so that I could play with her....I went to play on her baseball little league team....she stood up for me even though she was only eight years old....honestly...I miss her so much....and cry A LOT bc of how much I am reminded of her....rip Lauren...u R loved forever and always.....I miss my best friend so much.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunshynebabii
Back