GUILTY IL - Lauren Lofquist, 8, murdered, Clarendon Hills, 26 March 2006

so...he might have schizophrenia...does this mean that he would have the wherewithal to have taken out a loan against the house without his wife knowing? Does this fit with the diagnosis of schiz.?

I also realize that this allegation might just be part of the divorce papers and not be the actual truth, but I am more interested in the answer to the question above.

LatteDa said:
so...he might have schizophrenia...does this mean that he would have the wherewithal to have taken out a loan against the house without his wife knowing? Does this fit with the diagnosis of schiz.?

I also realize that this allegation might just be part of the divorce papers and not be the actual truth, but I am more interested in the answer to the question above.
Possible. If she is like me she trusted her husband totally. I have no idea what our finances are or how he goes about paying for things. If he wanted he could do anything and I'd not know. Thankfully my husband isnt like that.

One big issue is extreme paranoia. Did he think he had to do this as a means of protecting himself from some perceived idea or trouble?

When the year 2000 came along and they were all talking the y2k bug my friend started saving water jugs and the like and hoarded money and none of us, who saw her daily, knew what she was doing. She seriously thought the world was going to end and wanted to be prepared just in case. She hid the money in her sofa! Slit the back right open and stuck it in there and sewed it up. That extra step was the extremes of schizophrenia.

Or it could just be a stupid person doing things behind his wifes back.

I sure do feel sorry for both Lisa and Lars. The article states that they are being treated by a psychotherapist--I was glad to hear that. Thanks for posting the article, maiseyjane.

Snips:

She also obtained a restraining order barring him from cashing in a life insurance policy or mortgaging their home to raise money for his defense.
She filed a petition Tuesday to end her nearly 16-year marriage. Last week, the wife also sent a letter to Neil Lofquist’s defense attorney withdrawing any of her financial support.

Prosecutors are investigating sexual abuse as a possible motive, but they have not disclosed physical evidence.

...the legal filings offer a small glimpse into the pain the mother and son are enduring. One document opines Lauren might have been saved if only Neil Lofquist immediately “reported his actions to Lisa.” The wife also is forced to deal with financial hardship after discovering her husband had squandered their assets without her knowledge, the divorce petition states.

http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/local_story_110184204.html

Neil is scheduled for arraignment Monday(April 24)

CBS news today said that Neil is being charged with sexual assualt also.

Birkett alleges that shortly after 8 p.m. that evening, Lofquist entered his daughter’s bedroom, sexually assaulted and then strangled her. He then allegedly removed Lauren from the bedroom, took her to an upstairs bathroom, stabbed her in the neck and attempted to drown her in the toilet, Birkett charged.

The video clip at cbs2chicago.com states that Neil raped Lauren March 24 (friday) and again on March 26(right before he killed her)

maiseyjane said:
http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/local_story_110184204.html

Neil is scheduled for arraignment Monday(April 24)

CBS news today said that Neil is being charged with sexual assualt also.

Birkett alleges that shortly after 8 p.m. that evening, Lofquist entered his daughter’s bedroom, sexually assaulted and then strangled her. He then allegedly removed Lauren from the bedroom, took her to an upstairs bathroom, stabbed her in the neck and attempted to drown her in the toilet, Birkett charged.

The video clip at cbs2chicago.com states that Neil raped Lauren March 24 (friday) and again on March 26(right before he killed her)
I guess God told him to rape her as well? Blueclouds, you were right...

http://www.abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=local&id=4101462

Lofquist admitted to police that he sexually assaulted Lauren twice, officials said, but Birkett does not believe it was a pattern.

"The family is devastated. There were no signs or symptoms that Neil was abusing his daughter," said Birkett.

Lofquist was known in the community as a good father and citizen.

"One of the things that we try to reinforce is that child sex offenders look just like everybody else. They're in every segment of our community," said Birkett

------so they think he just raped her twice(which is bad enough), but that may be all he admitted to doing, who knows what more that poor little girl went through. There's really no way to prove anything unless Neil tells them about it.
Although, the more I hear, the less I think I'm buying into the insanity defense. He probably made himself crazy by thinkin about what kind of person he was to do those things to an innocent little girl.

Insanity is an "excuse"... he paniced and didn't want her to tell anyone, so he killed her...

We can only pray some stupid jurist doesn't buy into his act...

maiseyjane said:
http://www.abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=local&id=4101462

Lofquist admitted to police that he sexually assaulted Lauren twice, officials said, but Birkett does not believe it was a pattern.

"The family is devastated. There were no signs or symptoms that Neil was abusing his daughter," said Birkett.

Lofquist was known in the community as a good father and citizen.

"One of the things that we try to reinforce is that child sex offenders look just like everybody else. They're in every segment of our community," said Birkett

------so they think he just raped her twice(which is bad enough), but that may be all he admitted to doing, who knows what more that poor little girl went through. There's really no way to prove anything unless Neil tells them about it.
Although, the more I hear, the less I think I'm buying into the insanity defense. He probably made himself crazy by thinkin about what kind of person he was to do those things to an innocent little girl.

MagicRose99 said:
Insanity is an "excuse"... he paniced and didn't want her to tell anyone, so he killed her...

We can only pray some stupid jurist doesn't buy into his act...

I agree magicrose. The prosecution is going to push for the death penalty, I hope that's what he gets. he should not be wasting tax dollars in a mental hospital.

I am just sick about this. I really wanted to believed he "snapped" and there was no sexual abuse. That poor baby.
I live near Clarendon Hills and met up with an emergency room nurse from Hinsdale. She wasn't there the night Lauren died, but the word on the inside is that he stabbed her to make it look like he went crazy. They suspected right away that it was an assault gone bad. What a sick sick individual!

I don't think he is crazy, I think he just wants everyone to believe he is crazy. I also feel he had been molesting Lauren for a long time--not just the two times he claims.

My heart breaks for Lisa. In a matter of minutes her whole world turned upside down in the worst ways possible. She not only has to cope with the loss of her daughter which leaves a person so numb they can't think straight. She also has to cope with the fact that her husband was sexually abusing their daughter and that she is financially broke. If this gal doesn't fall apart it will be a miracle. I just feel so bad for her. I don't blame her for divorcing him.

Are Neil's parents able to help Lisa and Lars in any way? If they can they sure should. I hope they aren't the type of parents who somehow turn everything around and blame Lisa.

I don't believe for a minute that Neil just started molesting his daughter. I'll bet he has been grooming her for quite a while. That is how it usually begins with fathers and daughters. I think something happened like her crying or something that made him believe that he was going to get caught and he strangled her to shut her up. I'll be surprised if he can get any doctor to say that he is mentally ill. If he doesn't have a history of mental illness he will have a hard time convincing a jury that he was mentally ill that night.
On the other hand, if people that know him come forward and say that they had noticed a change in his personality within the last few months that defense just might work.

I think that if a person uses the insanity defense or mental illness and if the jurors believe it why can't a person be sentenced to a certain length of time to be served but be sent to a mental facility and if/when they become stabilized they would be transfered to prison. That makes sense to me. They should never be released into the community again.

How do these men sink this low and still go to work everyday, look at themselves in the mirror when they shave, etc. I mean, one is pretty much at the bottom of the barrel when they are molesting their own child, but then to kill that child to keep them from telling.....<barf>.....that has to be about two feet under the barrel. Talk about slime. Mentally ill? How about just plain mean? Worse than mean!!! And what is even more incredible are the numbers of men being exposed on the internet involved in kiddie *advertiser censored*. They come from all classes. Just no end to the perversion and meanness. It is enough to make one sign up for the first exploration team to Mars. :doh: I got no sympathy for this guy. He deserves whatever the jury gives him. I am just eternally grateful that I have never had to deal with this stuff on a personal level.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/southsouthwest/chi-0604210296apr21,1,791081.story

I'm more disgusted after reading this article. Apparently she didn't die until he submerged her head in the toilet. I was hoping she atleast died while he strangled her so she didn't deal with the additional torture of everything else he did to her. Maybe she was unconcious at that point though and didn't know what was going on. I hate that man and if he gets off on the insanity plea I will be soooo mad!

"Although authorities believe the choking and stabbing contributed to her death, she died while being submerged in the toilet, Birkett said"

I give Lisa so much credit for trying to get Lars back into routine. I don't know how I would be able to go on knowing that this monster was the man I married. She needs a lot of prayers now.

maiseyjane said:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/southsouthwest/chi-0604210296apr21,1,791081.story

I'm more disgusted after reading this article. Apparently she didn't die until he submerged her head in the toilet. I was hoping she atleast died while he strangled her so she didn't deal with the additional torture of everything else he did to her. Maybe she was unconcious at that point though and didn't know what was going on. I hate that man and if he gets off on the insanity plea I will be soooo mad!

"Although authorities believe the choking and stabbing contributed to her death, she died while being submerged in the toilet, Birkett said"

I give Lisa so much credit for trying to get Lars back into routine. I don't know how I would be able to go on knowing that this monster was the man I married. She needs a lot of prayers now.
I sooooooo do not believe this: Lofquist, in a 12-hour videotaped interview with police, said Lauren was the devil and he had to kill her to save the world, according to the source. Lofquist's attorney, Terry Ekl, has requested a mental health evaluation and has said he would be looking at an insanity defense.
Who rapes the devil? Whatever might be going on with this guy, I don't know but I don't believe he is too crazy to know what he was doing. It sounds like to me he is TRYING to sound like a schitzo.

Goody said:
I sooooooo do not believe this: Lofquist, in a 12-hour videotaped interview with police, said Lauren was the devil and he had to kill her to save the world, according to the source. Lofquist's attorney, Terry Ekl, has requested a mental health evaluation and has said he would be looking at an insanity defense.
Who rapes the devil? Whatever might be going on with this guy, I don't know but I don't believe he is too crazy to know what he was doing. It sounds like to me he is TRYING to sound like a schitzo.

I completely agree. The rape proves he's not psychotic. He would have been frightened of or enraged by the devil. Plus, psychotic people don't try to cover up one crime (rape) with another (murder). The first action wouldn't even seem like a crime to them, just something that needed to be done.

Has anyone ever heard of a psychotic rapist?

Boatswain'sMate said:
I completely agree. The rape proves he's not psychotic. He would have been frightened of or enraged by the devil. Plus, psychotic people don't try to cover up one crime (rape) with another (murder). The first action wouldn't even seem like a crime to them, just something that needed to be done.

Hello Boatswain'sMate,
Very good post.Thank-you.
Respectfully,
Dark_shadows

Boatswain'sMate said:

Can't name one but there have been some crazies out there who rape and kill. I think it might depend on the nature of the psychosis. I agree that someone like a parent who kills a child would probably not try to cover the crime if they thought they had done the right thing. Like I didn't want to do it but I had to because the devil was in her and God told me to do it. However, psychotics in general can be very deceiving, so I can imagine them killing someone and trying to hide it. I think each case has to be weighed individually. And this guy sounds more like a rapist trying to mislead a jury than a psychotic parent who flipped out and did the unthinkable, and didn't know what to do afterwards. Look at what he did right afterwards, goes downstairs and acts erratic so his wife will take him to the hospital. Putting that plan in motion if you ask me.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/custom/newsroom/chi-060421lofquist,1,4114161.story

A DuPage County judge Friday granted a Clarendon Hills woman's requests for indefinite orders of protection and freezing of family assets, and the woman refused to face her husband, indicted this week on charges of raping and murdering their 8-year-old daughter last month.

Judge Elizabeth Sexton told attorney Michael Botti that his client, Lisa Lofquist, who hasn't seen her husband, Neil, since his March 27 arrest, could remain outside the courtroom while she presided over issues in the couple's divorce. Lisa Lofquist filed for divorce last week, citing extreme cruelty and irreconcilable differences.

It sounds like the courts have been really supportive towards lisa............which they should be in this situation. I'm glad that they didn't make her face Neil, she has it hard enough as it is.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley
Back