IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this summary of events correct?

1. Girl and boyfriend have a falling out
2. Girl goes out partying for the night, gets intoxicated, winds up in the company of another young man
3. Girl and companion head back to her place, touching/kissing each other in public
4. Boyfriend has his friends follow the two and those friends beat up the other guy
5. Girl takes her "concussed" companion back to his apartment where he is left in the care of others
6. For whatever reason, girl decides to visit another young man in that same building
(i'm inferring that she has known this guy before)

7. ??????
Either this is the last guy to see her because he is involved.
He is the last guy to see her because a random abducted her on the way home.
Or the boyfriend decided to take matters into his own hands.

Is this the latest?
Who was the gentlemen seen walking with her in the alley?

Also I wonder how much money / influence the boyfriend's family has to be able to get CR's name dragged around in the media like it has been.

IF (and that's definitely an IF) CRs lawyer is telling the truth, then he couldn't have been involved and seems like someone is getting revenge against him and trying to point the finger in the other direction.
Of course if he's just trying to help his client out and what he's telling is not corroborated, then CR could still be involved.

I am more leaning to a random abduction now...at first when it seemed to have been reported that there were two separate fights that night, I thought it would be too coincidental that she would be taken by a complete stranger, but now that they are saying only one fight (!) occurred that night, and that someone seems to have seen her walking alone, plus the transient who heard a scream, it could well be that a predator came upon her-he must have had a vehicle to get her out of that area quickly.
I agree, clu. Despite the "altercation", etc, etc, at this point I'm feeling either a random stranger abduction or a person on the fringe -- known to Lauren, but not directly involved with the events prior to 4:30 am Friday morning.

Fox59 News has learned police have searched the car of Lauren's friend, the man she was last seen with before she vanished. Officers have finally gone on record saying there was a fight in Lauren's building involving that same friend and friends of Lauren's boyfriend. Bloomington police have firmly said Lauren was not involved in the fight but would not say for certain whether she was there when her friend was punched in the face.

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-laur...udent-lauren-spierer-20110610,0,4367862.story

"The Bloomington Police Department led a traffic stop that questioned drivers, walkers and bikers traveling down North College Avenue at about 3:30 a.m. Friday morning."

link: http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81878

I'm not sure what to make of this, but it sounds like police believe the last eye witness/es that she was last seen at College and 11th on her way home.
It worries me. I wish the BPD would release some info to the community if they have reason to believe that there is a predator at large (obviously there's a predator at large because Lauren is still missing, but you know what I mean).

Is this summary of events correct?

1. Girl and boyfriend have a falling out
2. Girl goes out partying for the night, gets intoxicated, winds up in the company of another young man
3. Girl and companion head back to her place, touching/kissing each other in public
4. Boyfriend has his friends follow the two and those friends beat up the other guy
5. Girl takes her "concussed" companion back to his apartment where he is left in the care of others
6. For whatever reason, girl decides to visit another young man in that same building
(i'm inferring that she has known this guy before)

7. ??????
Either this is the last guy to see her because he is involved.
He is the last guy to see her because a random abducted her on the way home.
Or the boyfriend decided to take matters into his own hands.

Is this the latest?
Who was the gentlemen seen walking with her in the alley?

I don't recall hearing that she and her boyfriend had a fight or disagreement earlier that night, or that she and CR were kissing? Also they did not follow him, apparently, but assaulted him and/or fought with him in the 5th floor lobby of Lauren's building.

Say police have a suspect in mind who may be completely unrelated to all of the people and altercations popular in the news (male #1, #2, boyfriend, guys in Smallwood). I wonder if police are letting the media make such a big deal out of the boyfriend and Lauren's two male acquaintances to distract from the real deal, to let the "real" criminal relax while they narrow in on him.

Just an idea.

Also I wonder how much money / influence the boyfriend's family has to be able to get CR's name dragged around in the media like it has been.

IF (and that's definitely an IF) CRs lawyer is telling the truth, then he couldn't have been involved and seems like someone is getting revenge against him and trying to point the finger in the other direction.
Of course if he's just trying to help his client out and what he's telling is not corroborated, then CR could still be involved.

To answer my own question, this is where the boyfriend is from (not sure if LS was from there too).

search: wiki_North Shore Long Island

His family definitely has money -- and lots of it.

I don't recall hearing that she and her boyfriend had a fight or disagreement earlier that night, or that she and CR were kissing? Also they did not follow him, apparently, but assaulted him and/or fought with him in the 5th floor lobby of Lauren's building.

I'm just inferring a fight/disagreement because otherwise, you would assume she would not have been in the company of another man at 2:30 a.m.
Also, in one of the articles linked here a witness said CR and LS were behaving inappropriately (the context was physical interaction like touching / kissing).

Say police have a suspect in mind who may be completely unrelated to all of the people and altercations popular in the news (male #1, #2, boyfriend, guys in Smallwood). I wonder if police are letting the media make such a big deal out of the boyfriend and Lauren's two male acquaintances to distract from the real deal, to let the "real" criminal relax while they narrow in on him.

Just an idea.

I don't know...this theory comes up in almost every case but I just don't think LE has all that much at this point, to be honest. They don't want anyone to relax, including the friends who still may have information.

The video of LS and a male on a security camera behind Rossman's apartment doesn't necessarily mean that the male who said he watched her walk home is lying. It hasn't been released exactly from where he watched her walk, correct? Maybe he walked her out of his building to a corner(somewhere along the way entering this alley) and then watched as she reached the next corner and he then went back inside his apartment building.

"The Bloomington Police Department led a traffic stop that questioned drivers, walkers and bikers traveling down North College Avenue at about 3:30 a.m. Friday morning."

link: http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81878

I'm not sure what to make of this, but it sounds like police believe the last eye witness/es that she was last seen at College and 11th on her way home.
Yes, that is what Lt. Parker said in the news conference on Wednesday.

A little OT, here is an example taken from that article which shows how the wrong wording can derail the entire meaning of a statement.

The traffic stop started before and ended after the last known appearance of Lauren exactly one week previously.
http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81878

Police were talking to drivers about Lauren before she was went missing???:waitasec:

By Russ McQuaid & Ann Keil Fox59

5:26 p.m. EDT, June 9, 2011
Bloomington, Ind.—
Witnesses to an altercation that happened right before IU student Lauren Spierer disappeared spoke out Thursday night as search efforts continued.

Spierer hasn't been seen since 4:30 a.m. Friday, June 3, when a man identified as Jay Rosenbaum told Bloomington Police he saw the 20-year-old co-ed walk away from his apartment in the 200 block of 11th Street. He said Spierer turned the corner at College Avenue to head south toward her apartment three blocks away at Smallwood Plaza.

It was approximately two hours earlier, at 2:40 a.m., a witness told Fox59 News that Spierer and a friend, Corey Rossman, returned to her apartment building after closing down Kilroy's Sports Bar.

This witness told Fox59 News that Spierer appeared intoxicated and Rossman was paying what could be described as, "inappropriate," attention to her.

According to his attorney, Corey Rossman woke up with a sore jaw, bruises on his face and little knowledge about what had happened the night before.

"Someone punches you in the head, you have the possibility of a concussion," Attorney Carl Salzmann said.

Whether he knew it or not, apartment officials said Rossman was not to be allowed inside.

"We do have a no trespass list that does exist. There is a list of people who have historically caused problems here and our security folks keep track of them," they said.

Still, Rossman was in the fifth floor lobby of the apartment building just before Spierer disappeared when a witness said he was punched by a friend of Jesse Wolff’s. Wolff is Spierer’s boyfriend.

During a news conference Thursday, Bloomington Police maintained Lauren was not involved in that situation but they would not say whether she was near it.

"All of our information, including video and interviews, indicates Lauren was not involved in any altercation," said Lt. Bill Parker of the Bloomington Police Department.

But Parker wouldn't get specific when asked if that meant Lauren wasn't present during the altercation.

"I’m not saying that. I'm not saying anything else about it," said Parker.

When asked if they were looking into the altercation and whether it had anything to do with the whole situation, Parker responded, "of course, we're looking into everything we can."

Police did say the last video of Lauren shows her leaving Smallwood with a young man, going to his nearby apartment.

According to witnesses, Rossman is that young man.

"The videos do show her going towards the other apartment, but there's not video directly on that apartment, so that's the last video we have," explained Parker.

Rossman’s apartment at 5 North Townhomes is across the gravel parking lot from where a set of keys were found Friday morning.

http://www.fox59.com/news/education...t-offers-100k-reward-20110609,0,7313102.story
BBM
This article seems to put together a lot of the confusing details pretty well.

So, bottom line, it sounds as though LE does believe she was walking alone at some point...and are hoping someone saw something after that...

In the interest of keeping things accurate here, the young man interviewed on camera in the previous news video link does NOT say he thought HE was crazy (referring to the resident who saw LS walk away) he said he thought IT was crazy that someone he recognized from seeing at this apartment complex was the person who was missing. As these students names become public it is important to NOT inaccurately report things that were said about them or in this case were NOT said about them. The exact statement he made was "I thought IT was crazy, because I had seen her hanging out over here."

http://www.fox59.com/videobeta/?watchId=93c4c94c-7de5-4946-bf5f-b50c491a1f11

jmoo

IMO, this neighbor (KT) is saying that what struck him was that he had NOT seen her inside the apartment: "...because I hadn't seen her over here. I never really saw her like hanging out over here"---meaning in the apartment 2 doors down from CR.

He has seen LS, "but I had seen her walk past." KT lives in an apartment 2 doors down from CR. Possible that he is the roommate of the last known witness to see LS alive, and he may have found it unusual that he had heard that she may have been inside the apartment that night.

SNIPPED

KT lives two doors down from Rossman.

http://www.whas11.com/news/local/Se...ance-video-of-student-surfaces-123592499.html

If the CR attorney is telling the truth, it has to be either the other acquaintance or the boyfriend IMO.

IMO, this neighbor (KT) is saying that what struck him was that he had NOT "because I hadn't seen her over here. I never really saw her like hanging out over here"---meaning in the apartment 2 doors down from CR.

He has seen LS "but I had seen her walk past." KT lives in an apartment 2 doors down from CR. Possible that he is the roommate of the last known witness to see LS alive, and he may have found it unusual that he had heard that she may have been inside the apartment that night.

SNIPPED

KT lives two doors down from Rossman.

http://www.whas11.com/news/local/Se...ance-video-of-student-surfaces-123592499.html

If the other guy in the apartment was involved, it's possible LS wasn't ready for her evening to end and knew this guy from before, maybe was a chance to continue partying, like he offered her drinks or something else, or she was still interested in getting back at her boyfriend.

All speculation, but I'm amazed at how the boyfriend has emerged in the media squeeky clean through all of this. Obviously he has not been cleared by LE yet, but the other guys are getting dragged through the mud and he gets nothing. Doesn't add up to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AJW4966