IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the feed never came back...her dad was supposed to speak, but I could not get it back...

Press Conference:
(not word for word)
I want to start out by saying we will transition to Capt Joe Palters Public Info officer. to address a couple of things, dive team search, was based on a tip, specific locale, did finish that yesterday...negative result. Did a check point this AM, not a traffic CP but wht we did was at 11th and College about same timeframe, same day of week, to see if anyone comes thru regularly, did make contact with 135 cars, not intrusive, just spoke w/everybody, passed out flyers, no results. May do it again.

Did some additional canine seaches last night, negative results. Put out a bit of a plea here, we appreciate video we have received from businesses, but if anyone does have any video we may have missed that may cover the area we are talking about...reach out to us, we would appreciate it very much, etc...

We know that AMW is getting ready to run Lauren's case this Sat. night, FBI helping out with that, capable of managing large quantity of tips, ususually occurs.

After a week, no we are not losing hope, concentrating completely on this case, certainly want to find her alive, hope she is...

We have checked dumpsters, negative.

We asked the drivers at CP do you usually drive this route, etc...

Any search warrants executed? Yes many have been executed.

Searching very thorougly but will gradually expand it out. Will never feel an area is completely covered, that is why we continue to go over it.

Any suspect....AH, my audio just cut out, hope someone else got that?

Continuing...

-Believes that Lauren most certainly may be alive and he hopes she is

- Suspects... we don't have anybody that we categorize as a suspect at this time.

- Not releasing the videos

- POI's remain so

- Last place they are totally confident she was is further south [of 11th]...

- Do not want to comment on Mr. Salzmann's statements

- Depcited on video for the last time between 10th and 11th, not on college av... between the apartments... walking to 11th

- Found keys in the small coin purse on alley, same place where they last saw her on video

- She was with an acquaintance when they last spot her on tape on the alley, a little after 3am

- Boyfriend...has talked to him... cooperative so far and CERTAINLY a person of interest. Doesn't want to get into specificis of if he saw Lauren that night.

father speaking:

- talking about searches, please allow people to search properties, search barns, if you need help to search properties, please ask for help

- videos from local merchants along the area, please provide it to us, let the police analyze it

- gives lists of hotels that are giving discounts for people coming out of town to help searches

- addresses tiplines

Mom

- thanking everyone for supporting, thanking media, friends have an event called "lunch for lauren" from 12-12:30 stop what you are doing and search for Lauren.

Umm, I guess I just grew a little more suspicious of the boyfriend. LE does not want to specify if the boyfriend saw her that night. And he definetly put an emphasis on the "he is most certainly a person of interest".

Why can't he clear up if the boyfriend saw her that night or not?

Literally tight-lipped when asked about the boyfriend. States he is certainly a POI at 11:58 into the video, and then cuts the interviews after he states he thinks the BF has participated in the volunteer searches.
http://www.theindychannel.com/video/28197690/index.html
e4b5ee3d.jpg

To answer my own question, this is where the boyfriend is from (not sure if LS was from there too).

search: wiki_North Shore Long Island

His family definitely has money -- and lots of it.

Lauren is not from Long Island, she is from Westchester. I would say the two areas the BF and GF are from are pretty equal in terms of money. The BF is from Port Washington which has an average income of just over 100k. Lauren is from Edgemont/Greenville/Scarsdale (there are different names for the area). The area has an average income of about 130k. I am from Westchester and one of the earliest reports on the news of this missing girl mentioned what the father did. He is a prominent CPA working with closely held businesses and high net worth individuals. He is a partner at a firm in Manhattan.

I posted this earlier in the thread somewhere, but I remember the Annie Le case where, early on, LE said her fiance was definitely not involved. They did not leave any room for speculation.

So now whenever they don't clear someone, to me that means they are looking at that person very closely.

POI's should not be allowed to search.

I'm sure they keep an eye out on these people during the searches.
Or perhaps even hope the POI leads them to something important.

Didn't Casey Anthony search for her daughter? Did OJ ever search for "the real killers"?

Also, I don't want it to sound like I think the b/f did it for sure, depending on the information LE has, it might be more likely that one of the other two guys (or both of them) were involved.

I put the scenario of a random abduction very low on the list, although not impossible.

With LE stating the BF is not ruled out, stranger abduction went down the list for me as well.

My main question right now: Is the "aquaintance" that was LAST seen with her on tape a little over 3am certainly NOT CR or the boyfriend? Is he a third male FOR sure? Or could be CR or the boyfriend but LE doesn't want to say so?

For me, that person is definetly #1 on the suspects list.

Hi Guys,

I've lived in Btown most of my life, and currently work very close to Smallwood, and where Lauren disappeared.

Didn't know her, don't know where she is, or what happened to her. Haven't read this whole thread.

Trying to keep up with all the news and don't know everything, but I know the building, alleyway, bar, and town extremely well.

Perhaps some small insight I may provide will help bring a clue to light? Feel free to ask me questions about the local setting if you think it may help.

Umm, I guess I just grew a little more suspicious of the boyfriend. LE does not want to specify if the boyfriend saw her that night. And he definetly put an emphasis on the "he is most certainly a person of interest".

Why can't he clear up if the boyfriend saw her that night or not?

ITA- The face he made when he said "Certainly", made me go back and re-play the video.

Another thing he said is they are enhancing the video footage in order to identify cars.

Hi Guys,

Perhaps some small insight I may provide will help bring a clue to light? Feel free to ask me questions about the local setting if you think it may help.

How heavily trafficked is the "alley" we keep hearing about? Do a lot of kids use it to cut through to different buildings/areas in the vicinity?

How well known is the bar for underage drinking?

Is the culture a late-night culture were there would be a lot of people milling about at 2,3,4am?

Man, like I have said before, lohud is TRYING hard to make Rossman look guilty. Is someone paying them? It is starting to look so sketchy.

Lohud, for those that don't know, is the online edition of the Journal News which covers Westchester and the Hudson Valley in NY. It is generally a pretty crappy paper.

How heavily trafficked is the "alley" we keep hearing about? Do a lot of kids use it to cut through to different buildings/areas in the vicinity?

How well known is the bar for underage drinking?

Is the culture a late-night culture were there would be a lot of people milling about at 2,3,4am?

The alley does not have a lot of traffic. Mostly foot traffic. I'll post a pic or two later.

The bar has been cited before. It's fairly common for underage drinking here, especially letting pretty girls in. (IMHO).

The daily police focus is to keep the university students out of trouble and out of the news, not out of the bars. (IMHO).

There is a large late night culture. Yes. Usually the biggest crowd is a Fri -Sun. thing though. However, school is out now. She finished her's Thur., so she was out celebrating apparently. Normally though the weekend is party central.

Its mostly a small rural town, other than the University, so not much else for them to do after school. Not like the big cities. Perhaps that is why the get sent here. Its generally considered safer than going to school in the big city, and it usually is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikkitafrombama