Japan: 9.0 Earthquake-Tsunami-Nuclear Reactor Developments #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHAT IF all the others go this way? Last I heard there were 5 reactors in trouble. So, WHAT IF all 5 blow?

Something in my gut tells me that officials in Japan have not been very forthcoming about how bad their nuclear facilities have been damaged... just a gut feeling.

From RT news: reactor roof has collapsed!

I pray not as well. I think #1 is down.

My heart is breaking for Japan right now.

This is frightening news. For some reason it seems worse to me because of Japan and the whole nuclear bomb thing. Pray for these poor people.

This is bad,so so bad.These poor people,I have a feeling things will be getting alot worse before they get any better.

I can tell you one thing,any thoughts of the US going more nuclear is probably off the table now. The other thing I have realized,no matter how prepared anyone is,you can't prepare for something like this. Japan is so far advanced than Haiti,but they can't do much more for their people up north than what was done in Haiti last year. There is only one road open, no access to food,water,shelter,etc..and now this nuclear stuff. Its so scary and it could happen here easily.

Would a meltdown at one reactor trigger/lead to a meltdown at the others?

Would a meltdown at one reactor trigger/lead to a meltdown at the others?

In my opinion, probably not. Each installation is self-contained with it's own built-in safeguards. I don't believe one has anything to do with another.

If anyone wants to learn a bit more from real life, check out what happened in Chernobyl.

My opinion only

Something in my gut tells me that officials in Japan have not been very forthcoming about how bad their nuclear facilities have been damaged... just a gut feeling.

That's my feeling too. Lots on the internet, not so much on the tele. The general pop usually doesn't delve into the internet like we do. I don't know about you, but I've been on pins and needles since the quake (west coaster here). I've been through the Northridge quake (1994), San Fernando quake (1971) -- I lived in Reseda at the time - egads. 6.5 and 6.7 respectively.

I thought those were big!

I worry about the nuclear power plant between San Diego and OC. It's right off the coast and would probably make us all bend over and kiss our rears goodbye if it was hit by a tsunami.

I will continue to pray for those in Japan and the hell they are going through right now.

Bless --

Mel

Over 9,500 missing in one town.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/03/12/japan.quake/index.html?hpt=T1
In the town of Minamisanriku, 9.500 people are unaccounted for, Japan's Kyodo News Agency reported, citing local officials. That figure is about half the population of the town, which is located on the Pacific, the news agency said

OMGosh - can you imagine the death toll in Sendai? The 9,500 is only for the town of Minamisanriku. My jaw just dropped to the floor.

Those poor people!

Mel

That's my feeling too. Lots on the internet, not so much on the tele. The general pop usually doesn't delve into the internet like we do. I don't know about you, but I've been on pins and needles since the quake (west coaster here). I've been through the Northridge quake (1994), San Fernando quake (1971) -- I lived in Reseda at the time - egads. 6.5 and 6.7 respectively.

I thought those were big!

I worry about the nuclear power plant between San Diego and OC. It's right off the coast and would probably make us all bend over and kiss our rears goodbye if it was hit by a tsunami.

I will continue to pray for those in Japan and the hell they are going through right now.

Bless --

Mel

I have a nuclear facility in my back yard, and once in a while we get blurbs about supplies/packs they issue to use in case of emergency -iodine is one of the keys. I believe they give them free, could be wrong, but it's worth checking into.

OMGosh - can you imagine the death toll in Sendai? The 9,500 is only for the town of Minamisanriku. My jaw just dropped to the floor.

Those poor people!

Mel

My son and his family lived in Japan for 3 years, military. I remember warning him to get out of there 'cause I'd heard there was a big quake due. Thank God he was able to move on before this happened. Everybody thought I was a nut. So sorry this had to come true.

IMO the govt is downplaying the effects of the nuclear reactor failure at this point. Thats normal. Afterall, we are still downplaying Three Mile Island. Atleast they did evacuate people in a 6 mile radius.

Short term, the death rate will be very high I am afraid. Long term, from the effects of the radiation leak, I fear the death rate will grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?