Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #21 *may contain graphic and adult content* Cont'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody have any yearbook pictures of Jodi besides her 8th grade one?

Someone on MDS said that NG showed her yearbook photos on tonights show.

I missed JA's 8th grade yearbook picture. Can someone please repost/link it? What city? School name? TIA

Why is it hard to believe Jodi was beaten as a child? Do we really think she had an ideal upbringing, considering her later actions?

I think there's some confirmation bias going on around here. Seems some believe she is guilty and are just not going to believe anything that might help her case, no matter what it is.

Personally, I believe she was hit with a wooden spoon and shoved around- I believe what she says is the truth. I would also lay money that she was sexually abused somewhere in her past, and that may come out in penalty phase. Most kids won't gorw up to be killers, even after being beaten (ie Travis), but given the way Jodi's brain works, she did. Her entire history played a part in amping up her genetic tendency to become a borderline sociopath. IMO.

It sure has been strange. All through the trial I havent seen Nurmi even acknowledge JA sitting there.

Usually all defense attorneys interact at times with their client throughout the trial. Its like he knows he has to be there and do his job but isnt comfortable with it at all.

IMO

One time I did. When Wilmcott was questioning that lat guy, the impressive one with all the credentials and seemed very legit. JA wrote down something in her book and leaned over to Nurmi and he was reading it then the camera panned away.

Yesterday I said I hoped JM would not question her on anything she had talked about on the witness stand. This morning I have changed my mind, when it’s his turn I hope JM will ask JA why she did not go ahead and kill herself since no one knew that was her plan.

I wasn't able to watch/listen yesterday afternoon - meetings at work and then a baseball meeting for my son. Jodi took the stand?!?!?!?
Is there a youtube of it yet?

So what is the whole zipper thing? Will Nurmi have JA the whole do you all think?

Why is it hard to believe Jodi was beaten as a child? Do we really think she had an ideal upbringing, considering her later actions?

I think there's some confirmation bias going on around here. Seems some believe she is guilty and are just not going to believe anything that might help her case, no matter what it is.

It is very hard to give any credibility to a known pathological liar.

Which lie am I to believe and I do believe she was continuing to lie yesterday.

Her credibility is less than zero for me.

imo

I don't think she was beaten. She is naming off all of the most commonly used items to be spanked with back in the 80's and 90's. She doesn't describe beatings...that was how Nermi changed her words her words were "hit" "swatting" and "whack".

You'll see it in the transcripts too

Yesterday I said I hoped JM would not question her on anything she had talked about on the witness stand. This morning I have changed my mind, when it’s his turn I hope JM will ask JA why she did not go ahead and kill herself since no one knew that was her plan.

She could have done that at anytime before she was caught. Truth is she said she would not be convicted because she was innocent and it had nothing to do with not being there and he will bring that out.

And you believe that?

How do we know which version is true? Was she a victim of the wooden spoon or did she have happy childhood?

None of what she described sounded very abusive, imo.

See how she twists a normal routine for everyone else into something that was so horrible for her that she just couldn't make friends.

Newsflash Jodi - maybe people just don't like your personality.

I've been up all night transcribing and came across this gem in her testimony from yesterday. Doesn't she realize that everyone in a typical public education environment goes from elementary to jr high/middle school and then to high school???? That is not considered going from school to school to school!!!! And so what if she went to a different school every 2 or 3 years??? Our service member's families do it all the time. The vast majority of those people do not murder their boyfriends. :banghead:

Also, I know it's hard to follow but I typed it out using the exact words she says. I can't punctuate that kind of crazy talking.

Straight from her:
um at that point um I was really focused on trying to make new friends. That was kind of difficult. Um in 6th grade I went to an elementary school and then in 7th grade I went to another new school for it was called jr it was jr high school then and it’s now middle school I guess but um so it was just it seemed like I was constantly going to new schools there was this new school then another new school and then you know then we moved again and so it was just hard to make friendships. I did make a few close friends though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoIkFqtKp8s

Here you go.

woohoo katiecoo!! :great:
agree with everything you said,the physcologist woman seriousy pee'd me off. 99.9% of people were smacked as a kid and they not are psychopathic.

watching JA testimony again and im hearing is "oh poor me, look at ME ME ME"

I think Juan knew yesterday was the day for JA to take the stand.

Is it just me or does it seem like a lifetime ago that the car rental guy testified?

Good people, I need to get some stuff done this morning before The Exorcist Part II comes on. I'll see y'all at about seal-thirty.

Is it just me or does it seem like a lifetime ago that the car rental guy testified?

Good people, I need to get some stuff done this morning before The Exorcist Part II comes on. I'll see y'all at about seal-thirty.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Originally Posted by Anita Richman
OMG, I was just reviewing her description of the first time she saw Bobby Juarez. They were at a fair and he was with his friends. He was tall, dress in all black, gothic, with a white high collared shirt. Long black curly hair. Their eyes meet through the crowd, blah blah blah, she notices he's looking at her again. He's on crutches. He also wanted to go to San Francisco to be a Vampire Hunter.

Does anyone remember the movie "Lost Boys" from 1987? It starred Jason Patric, Keifer Sutherland and a bunch of sexy young guys as modern day vampires (some who dressed in black leather as she described BJ when he was older) and some dressed in that gothic look, like she described young BJ. The hero meets his love interest (a sexy female almost-vampire) at a...you guessed it...fair. Here's a link to a clip of that meeting. http://movieclips.com/FvQJ-the-lost-...still-believe/ I am almost sure that one of the main characters is on crutches in that movie. I'm ready to watch it again just to have it confirmed. Although she MAY have come up with the "Zipper" detail on her own.

Jodi Arias's lovestory is a Netflix Number One.

OMG, you're right!! There she goes with the movie clips replacing real life again!!

Ha. That's NOTHING. Look at this blog to see a SHOCKING photo study that reveals Jodi's ultimate inspiration. This side-by-side photo set compares Jodi's shower scene to the one Hitchcock staged for "Psycho." http://www.chathousenews.com/2013/02/the-shower-scene-jodi-arias-chat-house.html

OMG - you made me LOL - in a VERY quiet office!! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

hi all first post wooot!

been lurking this forum for a while now and finally got registered to first say thanks for you folks posting cliff notes of the trial. I live in AZ and needless to say this whole crime\trial has been a long time coming and I pray for justice.

looking forward to Mr. Martinez cross exam on the defendant. I anticipate her finding a way to confirm her guilt that this was a premeditated murder and eliminating any doubt that may exist amongst the jurors.

Up to this point I have only seen one mistake by the prosecution and that was the medical examiner getting the sequence of weapon use wrong. Other than that the defense team hasn't proven self defense at all so far...and I don't anticipate them pulling a rabbit out of their hat.

oh and I know a lot of you are digging the fact the jury gets to ask questions but my experience on 2 trials as a juror its kinda over rated :) of all the questions submitted the attorneys and judge meet and they object and throw out like 80% of the questions...doesn't hurt to ask I say though!

anyways this forum has provided better updates than any of the news in town as I just don't have time to watch the whole thing.

keep those cliff notes coming! :rocker:

:welcome4: paladinr, so glad you joined us!! :)

Originally Posted by Anita Richman
OMG, I was just reviewing her description of the first time she saw Bobby Juarez. They were at a fair and he was with his friends. He was tall, dress in all black, gothic, with a white high collared shirt. Long black curly hair. Their eyes meet through the crowd, blah blah blah, she notices he's looking at her again. He's on crutches. He also wanted to go to San Francisco to be a Vampire Hunter.

Does anyone remember the movie "Lost Boys" from 1987? It starred Jason Patric, Keifer Sutherland and a bunch of sexy young guys as modern day vampires (some who dressed in black leather as she described BJ when he was older) and some dressed in that gothic look, like she described young BJ. The hero meets his love interest (a sexy female almost-vampire) at a...you guessed it...fair. Here's a link to a clip of that meeting. http://movieclips.com/FvQJ-the-lost-...still-believe/ I am almost sure that one of the main characters is on crutches in that movie. I'm ready to watch it again just to have it confirmed. Although she MAY have come up with the "Zipper" detail on her own.

Jodi Arias's lovestory is a Netflix Number One.

OMG, you're right!! There she goes with the movie clips replacing real life again!!

Ha. That's NOTHING. Look at this blog to see a SHOCKING photo study that reveals Jodi's ultimate inspiration. This side-by-side photo set compares Jodi's shower scene to the one Hitchcock staged for "Psycho." http://www.chathousenews.com/2013/02/the-shower-scene-jodi-arias-chat-house.html

Someone posted that one night over the weekend I believe. I saw a much better one done comparing the pictures to psycho but I don't remember where it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592