June 23rd 2012 Family holds balloon release

The only way a balloon release will help find Lisa is if it generates a lot of publicity imo. A small private gathering and one small article don't help that much. Maybe the benefactor can help them hire a PR person?

I saw nothing on our local media. Maybe they feel it is "too little,too late" ? How are balloons sent off into the air getting Lisa's name & story out to the world? How many of you have actually FOUND a balloon... kind of like sending a message in a bottle .... who has ever found one? It's nothing but a publicity stunt. However, since the media didn't cover it, after 8 & a half months of them refusing to talk to the media, & calling the police on the media, it was all a moot point.

MOO
:moo:
BBM

I've never found one, but I had one of mine found. We did a balloon release in elementary school, and my balloon was found about 20 miles away. The distance was impressive when I was 9 years old - not so much now.

I know this didn't happen, but it almost feels like the parents signed a deal with national media that would last for two months, and after the end of the contract, the media decided not to renew it, and that's why there hasn't been much coverage since December.

Anyway, there is definitely something off when it comes to the media coverage of this case. For example, GMA talked about this case EVERY DAY for 22 days. They talked about the case a few times afterwards, but haven't said a word about it since November 16. Why didn't they cover the Dr. Phil interview? Or the debit card thing? Or about the command post closing? Or just having Tacopina on to give an update?

I feel like the national media thought Deborah would be arrested, and they would have a new Anthony trial on their hands. After about a month or two, when it became obvious that this was going to be an unsolved case, they decided it wasn't worth it to pursue. Who knows?

BBM BLUE
Does it matter if DB/JI are looking for Lisa? Doesn't Lisa deserve to be found no matter what the circumstances are of her disappearance? I thought that this forum is Lisa's forum not the "vilify Deborah and Jeremy" forum.

:seeya: I agree that Lisa MUST be found, "no matter what the circumstances are" ... and I agree that this forum is FOR Lisa ...

However ... Deb and Jeremy ARE -- and -- WILL continue to be under scrutiny as Deb and Jeremy ARE Lisa's parents and it "goes with the territory" ...

Lisa has NOT been found ... JMO and MOO, but I don't think she will ever be found unfortunately :(

There is a reason for this "unexpected" Balloon Release ... just like there was a reason for this bull dinky story about the "debit card charge" made by a "stranger" ...

JMO and MOO ... but I think their defense team is behind these "tactics" to continue to keep the "suspicion" off of Deb and Jeremy, and put the "blame" on SODDI ...

I have never bought the SODDI Theory and never will ... IMO, Deb KNOWS what happened to Baby Lisa, and so does Jeremy ...

It is "high time" Deb and Jeremy tell the TRUTH ... but they will NOT tell the TRUTH because they are NOT capable of telling the TRUTH ...

Deb and Jeremy continue to be "deceptive" and continue to "hide behind" their defense attorneys ...

And LE knows this ...

:moo:

MOOC-I do not believe LE told D/J that Lisa is alive.If they did-I think they would call a PC & got a new sketch of what Lisa might look like today out to the public ASAP!!!
As far as the balloon release-140 balloons- HMMM-OKAAAYY- LOL

MOOC-I do not believe LE told D/J that Lisa is alive.If they did-I think they would call a PC & got a new sketch of what Lisa might look like today out to the public ASAP!!!

:seeya: I totally agree !

:rocker:

MOOC-I do not believe LE told D/J that Lisa is alive.

i do not believe for one nanosecond this occurred either.

if LE thought lisa was alive, why did they

--search the river?
--search the landfill?
--bring a cadaver dog to the house?
--use a cadaver dog hit as evidence to obtain a search warrant for the house?
--remove items like a tape dispenser and tape from the house?
--discuss transferring her case to the homicide division? (which includes accidental death)

just doesn't add up for me :moo:

i do not believe for one nanosecond this occurred either.

if LE thought lisa was alive, why did they

--search the river?
--search the landfill?
--bring a cadaver dog to the house?
--use a cadaver dog hit as evidence to obtain a search warrant for the house?
--remove items like a tape dispenser and tape from the house?
--discuss transferring her case to the homicide division? (which includes accidental death)

just doesn't add up for me :moo:

BBM
I don't recall anything about that. And if it's true, then maybe the reason why they didn't transfer the case to homicide is because they lack evidence of a homicide. That fits in with LE saying that Lisa may be alive. JMO.

http://m.delcotimes.com/delcotimes/db_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=mWs7CoWs&full=true#display

Saturday on a baseball field behind the Upper Chichester Police Department, Shanks, along with Irwin’s cousins, Kim Pretti and Felicia Chivalette, released 300 balloons at 4 p.m. at the same time as family and friends in Rosharon, Texas, just south of Houston, and in Kansas City to bring attention to the situation.

“It’s something where you can go all through life and think it will never happen to you,” Shanks said. “Who would think someone would steal a baby out of crib in the middle of the night? No one ever thinks that it will happen to them.

ETA: This article is very poorly written, there are a lot of errors.

:gthanks::gthanks:
BBM BLUE
Does it matter if DB/JI are looking for Lisa? Doesn't Lisa deserve to be found no matter what the circumstances are of her disappearance? I thought that this forum is Lisa's forum not the "vilify Deborah and Jeremy" forum.

Thank you so much for this reminder Ranch.

:gthanks:

[[/B]

BBM,

I am sure I read that NCMEC advised waiting until Lisa was over 2 years to do that.

I agree it's sad that media interest has dropped to nearly nothing on Lisa's case.

I've been following the Mickey Shunick case and people aren't too happy about the lack of media coverage after only 4 weeks.

I don't think that the media is angry with Mickeys family, it's the lack of information that's slowing down the coverage in my opinion. And maybe that's the case here as well. JMO.

It's the way Jeremy and Deb want it. They are getting exactly the media exposure they want...none!..unless, of course, there is money involved; then they will do more :moo:

It is easy and convenient and gets some attention from a few participants at a local level. It provides an appearance that they care. It is easy.

I hope they used balloons that are safe for the environment and the wildlife but I doubt it. I wish people would stop using balloons. It is symbolic, I understand that, but let's get with the times and start thinking what harm they are doing to the earth. *sigh*

Oh, FGS! the parents weren't even the ones releasing the balloons? Their distant relative in PA did it and DB/JI sent a statement? You've got to be kidding me!

Oh, FGS! the parents weren't even the ones releasing the balloons? Their distant relative in PA did it and DB/JI sent a statement? You've got to be kidding me!

Actually it was started by a guy named Jimmy Kay, who has had billboards for Lisa put up in Texas. He did one,too, & the family did one in KC.

Maybe somebody can tell Kristi to tell Deb to talk to LE alone so they can find Lisa. Apparently this woman has more money than brains.

So JI's mother has come into the nest with the other birds.

I noticed some sites are still out there pushing buttons and stuff for money.

IMO, JI worships at the money altar. As long as he sees it, he is one happy camper...and if JI is happy, life is good for DB.

snipped from : http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/region...-release-balloons-for-baby-lisa#ixzz1yfa4MpND

Her parents hope the balloons will find strangers who might know something.

:what: So, let me see if I understand this correctly : The "balloon" message will just happen to land upon a "stranger" who MIGHT KNOW "something" ...

I mean, seriously, what a ridiculous statement that makes absolutely NO sense ...

:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

"We're just trying to let everybody know that she's still missing,” Lisa’s father said. “We're still looking and she's still out there somewhere. And we need everybody to just keep looking, keep looking for Lisa."

Does Jeremy really think that people believe that he and Deb are "still looking" for Lisa ?

I don't ... they never have and they never will look for this baby ... 'cause they know where she is IMO ...

JMO and :moo:

Ok, I'll admit that I've never seen any value in a "balloon release" in a missing child case. However, I do see where there could be value in the child's parents going into the local LE department and agreeing to be questioned however way LE desires to question them. I simply cannot understand how parents could refuse to cooperate with LE but have absolutely no problem with going on tv talk shows. This tells me way more than the very same parents releasing balloons into the environment.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ctrls
Back