LA LA - Eugenie Boisfontaine, 34, Baton Rouge, 13 June 1997 - "Killing Fields"

On the show, the detctives park on the road, then walk 6-8-10 steps or so to get to where she was found.

So I would say across the street and down the road a little bit.

I love this show! Saw both episodes and looking forward to the next one which is airing on the Discovery channel in less than an hour. The scenery is amazing.

To clarify where she moved from:

Eugenie was born and raised in a very wealthy family in New Orleans. She went to LSU for undergraduate degree, moved back to the greater New Orleans area...married and divorced.. Then moved back to Baton Rouge to attend LSU for graduate school.

Was she the social work graduate student?

I wondered if the woman that found Eugenie's body became an anthropologist after finding her or was one before she discovered her skeleton.
Such an insightful and contemplative woman. You can tell Eugenie really means something to her.

I don't know what Eugenie was getting her master's in.

They are going to have trouble finding Robert. Everyone and his uncle is named Robert in louisiana.

Watching this show too and happy not only that her murder has been showcased but also that I now know to pronounce her name "Yew-czhaa-nee" and not "You genie" as was my first instinct.

I love this show! There is such a great connection with Sanchez and St. Angelo and they are both so passionate about finding the killer. When St. Angelo starts to question people and asks them if he makes them nervous it makes me think if that was me and he asked me if he made me nervous my answer would be Heck Yes! That is the sexiest cop I have ever seen in my life. As for Sanchez he seems to be such a good hearted man who is about as down to earth as they come. Made me laugh when he said he was 61 years old and has never eaten a piece of fruit. LOL

I'm loving the show too but I wish I had a dollar for every time Rodie says that he's been married "six times". :)

Lived in B.R. my entire life and I would love for this case to be solved. Right after this episode aired, my mom and aunt were walking the lakes and they noticed the sign was not there asking for information about Eugenie (on the post). So this was Saturday, 4 days ago. Surely they can set up some sort of surveillance on that spot but then again with all the attention this case is getting now it could be anyone who is removing the sign?

I am troubled as to why the landscaper claimed he only cut the lawn once when his boss said differently. That got me suspicious,

I am troubled as to why the landscaper claimed he only cut the lawn once when his boss said differently. That got me suspicious,

Just like the taxi driver. Lots of shifty people including the bar owner

I'm loving the show too but I wish I had a dollar for every time Rodie says that he's been married "six times". :)

Lived in B.R. my entire life and I would love for this case to be solved. Right after this episode aired, my mom and aunt were walking the lakes and they noticed the sign was not there asking for information about Eugenie (on the post). So this was Saturday, 4 days ago. Surely they can set up some sort of surveillance on that spot but then again with all the attention this case is getting now it could be anyone who is removing the sign?

Rodie talking about being married 6 times is gonna get old fast lol

I can't believe they didn't set up a trail cam back when they opened the case and hung the fliers. Now that the show started and they told everyone, people are going to remove it

I think most of what we are seeing now took place between 16 and 21 weeks ago. I saw a local article from last October about the show and it seemed that at least some of the action had already taken place at that time. The case was reopened in August of last year. Also, those time statements appear on the screen.

In some ways, its like how The Jinx was done except in a much more condensed time frame. Its not unlike how some of the reality shows (like the Kardashians) are filmed. Barry Levinson is a co-executive producer and I like much of his work. This series is no exception.

Anyhow, this first case is only six episodes long, so its already half over which left me crushed when I first learned that. But, I am guessing from the graphics in the introduction that they already have other cases lined up for the future. Its the part where the graphics show imagery about 'killing fields' in other states and show some 'numbers'.

I wonder when you willingly give DNA is it discarded after you are ruled out? Anyone know?

DH and I are addicted. We record this show weekly and watch it together. We count the number of times Rodie says "raggedy-aZZ". LOL

Slightly off topic:

I think that this series “The Killing Fields” as produced by Barry Levinson and Tom Fontana for Discovery Channel is the showcase for the future projects of Joshua Zeman and Rachel Mills as announced and discussed in this special Websleuths thread last May.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?281358-Docu-Series-Websleuths

I am thinking that coming up next (maybe in February) after the Eugenie Boisfontaine case will be the West Mesa Bone Collector case, possibly looking at some dude named Joseph Blea.

In the meantime, back to Eugenie. I am loving this series. Mostly I am drawn to Rodie and am hoping that his current marriage sticks.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cellophane
Back