MA MA - Brittany Tee, 35, Brookfield, 10 Jan 2023 *last seen leaving a residence*

This one is on my list of cases that bother me. It’s as though she disappeared into thin air. That being said i still think our best bet is that she’s in the woods.
Agreed, this case is very troubling. IMO there is a logical explanation to her disappearance, we just don't know what it is yet. If Brittany is in the local area, numerous searches have not turned up any conclusive evidence of her whereabouts.

Season 6 will explore 11 unsolved murder and missing cases from across Worcester and throughout the surrounding towns of Worcester County, including the circumstances surrounding the disappearance of Brittany Tee in Brookfield in early 2023 and the murder of Molly Bish in 2000.

I live in the area and have noticed some new missing posters have been put up recently, otherwise crickets. :/
I also live in the area and I graduated with Britt. We're still looking. Bethany and Susan are sharing pictures and advocating daily as are her other family and friends! There's a Facebook page dedicated to finding her.

DEC 27, updated DEC 28, 2023
Brittany Tee's name, her likeness, her story, the last clothes she was seen wearing, still remain the only pieces of an unanswered puzzle that family and friends continue to ponder in the year since the Brookfield woman’s disappearance.

Approaching the one-year mark, the investigation into the 35-year-old woman's disappearance continues, with a spokesperson for the Worcester County District Attorney's Office stating, “There are no new updates at this time."

[...]

A vigil organized by a family friend, Bethany said, will be held at 6 p.m. Jan. 10, 2024, on the Brookfield Common, marking the one-year mark since Tee was last seen.

[...]

Authorities have set up an anonymous tip line at (508) 453-7589.

DEC 27, updated DEC 28, 2023
Brittany Tee's name, her likeness, her story, the last clothes she was seen wearing, still remain the only pieces of an unanswered puzzle that family and friends continue to ponder in the year since the Brookfield woman’s disappearance.

Approaching the one-year mark, the investigation into the 35-year-old woman's disappearance continues, with a spokesperson for the Worcester County District Attorney's Office stating, “There are no new updates at this time."

[...]

A vigil organized by a family friend, Bethany said, will be held at 6 p.m. Jan. 10, 2024, on the Brookfield Common, marking the one-year mark since Tee was last seen.

[...]

Authorities have set up an anonymous tip line at (508) 453-7589.
Very strange, and unless I missed something, nothing has been said about the boyfriend. I don't even think his name was mentioned at all.

JAN 8, 2023
Police believe she disappeared near Lewis Field after being spotted walking away from her main street home. Brittany’s sister, Bethany Tee, talked to reporters one year ago, “It’s just so out of the norm for her and that’s what scares us, I just don’t know.”

State Police conducted several in-depth searches in the area she was last seen. Troopers searched more than 250 acres of land, including nearby woods and lakes, but found nothing of interest.

A candlelight vigil will be held Wednesday evening to mark the year anniversary of the disappearance of Brittany Tee.

Family and friends will gather to mark the solemn anniversary at 6 p.m. at Brookfield Common.

JAN 9, 2024
"Growing up in this area, everybody supports everybody, so we're very lucky to have everybody's support in spreading the word," said Tee's sister, Bethany. "I can't count how many times people, even strangers I haven't met, offering help. It's been wonderful."

The vigil will be held at 6 p.m. Wednesday at Brookfield Common.

Last month, police say they returned to Brookfield to continue the ground search for Tee.

Police say they have continued to follow up on all investigative leads and tips in her disappearance.

JAN 10, 2024
1704895097229.png

Last edited:
JAN 9, 2024
[...]

In the weeks following her disappearance, law enforcement performed extensive searches in the surrounding area for Brittany, including by searches air and water and with the assistance of helicopters, drones, K-9s, and trained civilian search teams. The search teams included the Massachusetts State Police, the Special Emergency Response Team, State Police K-9 Unit, State Police Air Wing, State Police Marine Unit, Massachusetts Environmental Police, Brookfield Police and Fire Departments, and the Worcester Police Department.

Last month, members of the Massachusetts State Police Special Emergency Response Team along with the State Police Detectives assigned to the Worcester County District Attorney’s Office, working with the Brookfield Police and Fire Departments, returned to Brookfield and continued the ground search for Ms. Tee.

The police have continued to follow up on all investigative leads and tips in this case. Investigators continue to receive tips regarding Ms. Tee’s disappearance.

Anyone with information is encouraged to call the dedicated Brittany Tee tip line at 508-453-7589 or email WorcesterDAUnresolved@mass.gov. Tips can be left anonymously.

JAN 10, 2024
[...]

"Every day is not a day that goes by that you don't think about her wondering if she's safe," said Brittany's friend MS.

But most who joined this vigil acknowledge it's hard to be hopeful given the lack of evidence this last year has produced. Police still insist their ongoing investigation is not criminal and that everyone they've spoken to has been cooperative. But family members certainly fear something sinister.

"What else could have happened to her? Something happened. I don't feel like she's hiding on purpose," Bethany Tee said.

Brittany Tee's boyfriend did not report her missing. Her family did three days later. They say police have done everything they can, but frustration was evident on the town common after a year that has felt much longer.

[...]

Bethany Tee said they are still actively involved in her case.

"We're in touch with the lead detective quite often," Bethany said. "He just spent a good two hours with us last month. So, they're still very actively investigating."

JAN 10, 2024
During a vigil filled with prayer, song, and reflection, Bethany shared fond memories of her sister.

“I miss our car rides blasting music singing at the top of our lungs, chasing sunsets and taking pictures of the beautiful scenery,” she said.

She also recalled some of her family’s final interactions with her, saying, “We had been texting back and forth on her own cellphone by 8 p.m. that night. Britt had called our mom from her boyfriend’s cellphone because hers had stopped working. The phone call was brief, but she was upset about something she just didn’t want to talk about. During that phone call, Britt did not indicate she did not need to come home nor did she ask for a ride home.”

Tee was last seen walking away from her residence in the vicinity of Lewis Field on Main Street in Brookfield, Massachusetts at 8:30 p.m. on January 10, 2023. She has never been heard from again. She did have her iPad, wallet and cellular phone with her when she went missing; the phone last pinged near the Brookfield State Police Barracks on Route 9. She left her car behind; it was not in running condition.

At the time of her disappearance, Tee worked as a manager at Bay Path Spirits, a local liquor store, and lived with her boyfriend. Authorities stated there was no evidence of foul play in her case, and the boyfriend has cooperated with the investigation and isn't a suspect.

According to Tee's family, her disappearance is completely out of character as she normally kept in close contact. Her case remains unsolved.

Tee was last seen walking away from her residence in the vicinity of Lewis Field on Main Street in Brookfield, Massachusetts at 8:30 p.m. on January 10, 2023. She has never been heard from again. She did have her iPad, wallet and cellular phone with her when she went missing; the phone last pinged near the Brookfield State Police Barracks on Route 9. She left her car behind; it was not in running condition.

At the time of her disappearance, Tee worked as a manager at Bay Path Spirits, a local liquor store, and lived with her boyfriend. Authorities stated there was no evidence of foul play in her case, and the boyfriend has cooperated with the investigation and isn't a suspect.

According to Tee's family, her disappearance is completely out of character as she normally kept in close contact. Her case remains unsolved.
According to Google maps, it takes about 13 minutes to walk from Lewis field to the Brookfield State Police Barracks give or take a couple minutes depending on exact location. She left at around 8:30 pm. Has it ever been said at what time and date her phone pinged at the State Police. Was that the direction she intended to go? I also read that she called family from her bf's since her phone wasn't working. So curious when it last pinged.

Last I read that they were working with Apple to get more info from her devices. Was that ever discussed?

It seems everyone knows everyone in this town so hopefully someone can come forward and offer information.

I found this story today and feel such sadness for her family, wondering every day where she could be. I do wish she is found soon.

According to Google maps, it takes about 13 minutes to walk from Lewis field to the Brookfield State Police Barracks give or take a couple minutes depending on exact location. She left at around 8:30 pm. Has it ever been said at what time and date her phone pinged at the State Police. Was that the direction she intended to go? I also read that she called family from her bf's since her phone wasn't working. So curious when it last pinged.

Last I read that they were working with Apple to get more info from her devices. Was that ever discussed?

It seems everyone knows everyone in this town so hopefully someone can come forward and offer information.

I found this story today and feel such sadness for her family, wondering every day where she could be. I do wish she is found soon.
The walk doesn't take very long, but you do have to factor in the dark and cold of a January night in that area. I've walked the walk, the night of the vigil for Brittany, and it does take between 10-15 minutes, depending on your gait. The area is freaky dark; no streetlights, and what could be called a 'sidewalk' exists, but it's more of a narrow strip of concrete a couple feet from the road. There is no shoulder/breakdown lane. If you need to stop your car on that road, you can't really pull over without driving on grass. That's how close this stretch of road actually is. And walking on that strip of concrete feels almost claustrophobic; it's super narrow, and if cars are coming by, you can definitely feel it. They're close.

I've been looking into Brittany's disappearance with the blessing of her family and have written a blog and done a Youtube live, hoping to dispel rumors and correct misinformation. If you are interested, you can read the blog here: Keen Pursuit: Brittany Tee.

She also recalled some of her family’s final interactions with her, saying, “We had been texting back and forth on her own cellphone by 8 p.m. that night. Britt had called our mom from her boyfriend’s cellphone because hers had stopped working. The phone call was brief, but she was upset about something she just didn’t want to talk about. During that phone call, Britt did not indicate she did not need to come home nor did she ask for a ride home.”
I've been curious about Brittany's cell phone since the start of this case. She and her sister had been texting that night, as stated above, so her phone was working at some point. It's not clear if her phone battery died or something along those lines, but for whatever reason Brittany was unable to use her phone to call her mother. However, later on her phone apparently pinged a cell tower from the general location of the Brookfield State Police Barracks.

Brittany's call to her mother is also curious. Per her sisters' statements in MSM, Brittany called her mother using her BF's cell phone, since hers 'had stopped working'. At this time Brittany was upset for some reason but didn't wish to discuss the situation. She also did not ask for a ride to her mother's residence. So if Brittany didn't want to discuss why she was upset, and didn't want a ride home, why use her BF's cell to call her mother? What was the purpose of that call?

April 23, 2024 article

[…]

Investigators said the boyfriend has cooperated fully and the family is not releasing his name because they said there is no evidence he did anything wrong.

“We’re getting pretty consistent stories from different people,” Early said. “As far as the boyfriend goes, he’s been very cooperative from the beginning.”

[…]

I've been curious about Brittany's cell phone since the start of this case. She and her sister had been texting that night, as stated above, so her phone was working at some point. It's not clear if her phone battery died or something along those lines, but for whatever reason Brittany was unable to use her phone to call her mother. However, later on her phone apparently pinged a cell tower from the general location of the Brookfield State Police Barracks.

Brittany's call to her mother is also curious. Per her sisters' statements in MSM, Brittany called her mother using her BF's cell phone, since hers 'had stopped working'. At this time Brittany was upset for some reason but didn't wish to discuss the situation. She also did not ask for a ride to her mother's residence. So if Brittany didn't want to discuss why she was upset, and didn't want a ride home, why use her BF's cell to call her mother? What was the purpose of that call?
There's a little information about the phone call in the article @TwinkieDefense just posted. Brittany spoke with her mother a half hour before she disappeared. Her sister said, “She was not intoxicated or altered in any way.”

From the article:

“We had a brief conversation and she started to cry. I asked what was wrong and she said, ‘Oh nothing mom, we’ll talk about it later,'” ST said.

When she couldn’t reach Brittany Tee for two days, Susan Tee got worried and texted her boyfriend.

“He called me back very shortly after saying, what do you mean, how is Brittany doing? Isn’t she with you?” Susan Tee said.

They immediately went to the house and discovered Brittany Tee’s Jeep, with her purse and keys still inside.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maryjane99
Back