Madeleine McCann General Discussion Thread No. 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just checked back on some of the links I bookmarked.

At least one is still there.

Reading it after several months of not reading it--I'm going to have to take a break from thinking about it.

It's a good idea for all of us to go back to the original words of Kate and Gerry this past summer, and see just what made us go huh? to begin with.

Perhaps they will also not be so quick to publish the many, many favorable stories and photos the McCanns provided as well.

They Destroyed a Witness’s Car of the Maddie Case and Left a Message
http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2008/03/they-destroyed-witnesss-car-of-maddie.html

Malinka "Speak"!

The car of the Russian previously questioned for three times by the PJ was during the yesterday’s dawn totally destroyed in the sequence of an arson attack

"Speak". The word was written in red ink in a sidewalk of the village of Praia da Luz near to the Audi A4 of Sergey Malinka, the Russian computer technician which was previously heard by inspectors of the PJ (for three times) as a witness in the Maddie case. Of the vehicle, when the authorities arrived, at around 4am of yesterday, only debris was remaining – it was totally destroyed in the sequence of the blaze. The authorities, yesterday, were still not sure of how the flames appeared, but it seems clear that it’s a criminal act. The Police investigate now the hypothesis of the connections to the case Madeleine McCann, the missing girl from Praia da Luz, in the 3rd of May of 2007.

Yesterday Malinka was called to the PJ of Portimão. “That man was heard by elements of the team of Paulo Rebelo [coordinator of the investigations in the Maddie case], but he did not say anything special. Only that he didn’t know the motives for someone to set fire to his car”, told to 24horas a judicial person in charge, adding: “He could not explain why the word 'speak' was written in the sidewalk, but it’s clearly a question of a veiled threat. He must know something”.
The same source remembered still that “in spite he is only a witness in the process of Madeleine McCann, nothing prevents him to be constituted as an arguido”.

“I can stand everything”

“The fire in the Malinka‘s car hides other motivations. They are trying to intimidate him”, stated a high-level person in charge of the Public Prosecution Office (PGR) to 24horas. Confronted, Sergey Malinka maintained the speech that had in the PJ of Portimão: “I do not know of anything. I arrived at home in the morning and saw the turmoil. The PJ came for me in the beginning of the afternoon and I simply signed a paper. I do not even know what is going on. I only know that I was left without car and that the PJ still did not even return to me the computers that they apprehended [in the searches that they effectuated]”. As for the investigation of the Madeleine, Malinka just said: “I do not know nor I want to know anything else at all regarding that case. I am Russian and I can stand everything”.

Given the alert of fire for GNR, at 4am, the firemen took nearly 10 minutes to reach the place and to control the flames, avoiding bigger damages in the Street 25 of April. The PJ investigates the case and waits for the results of the analyses that the Laboratory of Scientific Police is going to do to the remains of the destroyed vehicle.

Facts

Where Was Him?
Sergey Malinka was not at home when his vehicle was consumed by the flames. He didn’t want to say to 24horas where he was.

Collateral Damages.
A resident of the street had the car luggage of his Opel Meriva also destroyed, due to the propagation of the flames.

PJ wants to go to England day 7

The Portuguese authorities sent a proposal to the British authorities so that next 7th of April marks the starting point of the new interrogations to the seven friends with whom the parents of Madeleine McCann had dinner with in the Tapas Bar on the day in which the child disappeared. “The Prosecutor of the Republic (PGR) which oversees the investigations of the case, Magalhães e Menezes, considers that the Police should only question the McCanns if new testifying proofs appear in the sequence of eventual contradictions in the testimonies of their friends”, revealed a source from the Court of Portimão, adding: "The beginning of the interrogations will not exceed that date [7 of April]. Since the term for the deduction of the accusation begins to be tighter and tighter. ” A source from the Public Prosecution Office explained the delay in the execution of the rogatory letter with logistical issues.

Source: http://www.24horasnewspaper.com/total.php?numero=2797&link=09

I want to know, if the McCanns are found quilty and the stories were true, do they have to pay the money back? Has the money been placed in a trust until the outcome of the investigation?

Salem

I agree, Prickle! Finally some good news and a feeling that we are getting somewhere. :clap:

http://itn.co.uk/news/7f4361da314ce394ead41683c5b95f21.html

Portuguese police have returned computers and other possessions they seized from Madeleine McCann "suspect" Robert Murat.

He described the move as a "very positive sign" - but is still waiting to be officially cleared of involvement in the young girl's disappearance

:woohoo:

Why the applause and cheers? It doesnt us closer to finding Madeleine does it?

The less time the authorities waste investigating an innocent man the better. It would mean more time and resources devoted to figuring out what happened to Maddie!!!

cheer.gif
cheer.gif
cheer.gif
cheer.gif

Good news, indeed!!

I just checked back on some of the links I bookmarked.

At least one is still there.

Reading it after several months of not reading it--I'm going to have to take a break from thinking about it.

It's a good idea for all of us to go back
to the original words of Kate and Gerry this past summer, and see just what made us go huh? to begin with.
Texana I believe part of your sentence gives us a clue. In hindsight and after the press have now admitted their part in the smears. Going back is a good idea, but it should also include looking again at all the rumours, smears and inuendo.

Friends,

I have a favor to ask of you.....

If you are a registered member of the Proboards79 (http://helpmadeleine.proboards79.com), which is where I get the Portuguese press translations, would you please log on and make sure that you have access to the General Board (where the current posts are located).

Then if you could please PM me the results?

Thanks, in advance.

Thanks for the link Colomom! I'm glad to know that if the "rumors, innunendos, and smear" turn out to be true, the McCanns will probably have to give that huge award back.

Salem

Can't help here Colomom - I'm not a member.

Salem

Texana I believe part of your sentence gives us a clue. In hindsight and after the press have now admitted their part in the smears. Going back is a good idea, but it should also include looking again at all the rumours, smears and inuendo.

Hmm...thinking again. I'm not interested in looking at what the press said. I'm interested in looking again at the words of Kate and Gerry, period.

Okay, maybe Philamena, just because I think she's very loyal and while not always saying the right thing, she believes sincerely in what she does say.

http://www.skynewstranscripts.co.uk/transcript.asp?id=362

Just a few weeks after Madeleine disappeared, after saying over and over that they were sure she was alive....Gerry says:

"And we cannot grieve one, we did grieve of course we grieved but ultimately we need to be in control so that we can influence and help in anyway possible."

Grieved, need to be in control, we can influence????

WTF???

ITV to air McCanns' only TV interview

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/mar/27/itv.television

No payment is being made to the McCanns for their part in the programme, which is provisionally called Madeleine McCann.

The ITV controller of current affairs and documentaries, Jeff Anderson, said the broadcaster would donate £10,000 to the Find Madeleine Fund.

They talk about Madeleine, the night she went missing in May last year, becoming "Arguido" suspects in Portugal, and their decision to return to Britain.
Anderson said: "Amid all the controversy, what should be remembered is that a little girl is still missing and her family is trying its best to find her.

Madeleine the novel: Now disgraced police chief claims girl's body was dumped at sea in new book

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=538008&in_page_id=1770

In Paulo Cristovao's "fictional"
"never worked on the case"

Cristovao worked for the Policia Judiciaria for several years, on cases including the hunt for missing nineyearold Joana Cipriano, who disappeared in 2004, from Figueira, just seven miles from Praia da Luz.

Her body has never been found. Her mother Leonor was later accused and convicted of her murder, but has since claimed that police beat her into making a confession.
Cristovao and three others have been accused of torturing her.

Cristovao, who left the force following the case
Just so we know who this man is, and his agenda. Profiting off Madeleine!!!! Simple as that.

Madeleine the novel: Now disgraced police chief claims girl's body was dumped at sea in new book.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=538008&in_page_id=1770

In Paulo Cristovao's "fictional"
"never worked on the case"

Cristovao worked for the Policia Judiciaria for several years, on cases including the hunt for missing nineyearold Joana Cipriano, who disappeared in 2004, from Figueira, just seven miles from Praia da Luz.

Her body has never been found. Her mother Leonor was later accused and convicted of her murder, but has since claimed that police beat her into making a confession.
Cristovao and three others have been accused of torturing her.

Cristovao, who left the force following the case
Just so we know who this man is, and his agenda. Profiting off Madeleine!!!! Simple as that.

Just so we know what your opinion is, simple as that.

I will refrain from a discussion on who is profiting off Madeleine. :silenced:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member