Madeleine McCann General Discussion Thread No. 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so we know what your opinion is, simple as that.

I will refrain from a discussion on who is profiting off Madeleine. :silenced:
Now eveyone has all the info on Paula Cristovao so they can form their own opinion. Important to be able to look at all sides don't you think?

Now eveyone has all the info on Paula Cristovao so they can form their own opinion. Important to be able to look at all sides don't you think?

Sorry but, in my opinion, an article in the Daily Mail does not represent "all the info".

Here is more: http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2008/03/madeleine-mccann-british-damaged.html

What struck me was how close his book is to what so many people have been theorizing for so long.

Oh and another thing, I read that Cristovao worked for the PJ for 17 years! Quite a difference between that and "several". More "spot on" investigative journalism.

Madeleine the novel: Now disgraced police chief claims girl's body was dumped at sea in new book

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=538008&in_page_id=1770

In Paulo Cristovao's "fictional"
"never worked on the case"

Cristovao worked for the Policia Judiciaria for several years, on cases including the hunt for missing nineyearold Joana Cipriano, who disappeared in 2004, from Figueira, just seven miles from Praia da Luz.

Her body has never been found. Her mother Leonor was later accused and convicted of her murder, but has since claimed that police beat her into making a confession.
Cristovao and three others have been accused of torturing her.

Cristovao, who left the force following the case
Just so we know who this man is, and his agenda. Profiting off Madeleine!!!! Simple as that.

If this wasn't such a sad attempt to defame Cristovaos character, it would be absolutely hilarious. How do I say this appropriately during my raging hormonal onset of PMS...hummm. Do you believe everything you read in the rags? (rags...PMS, get it :crazy: )

Poor Madeleine.

I'm glad to see the friends will be reinterviewed, but don't think it will help solve this mystery, nor bring Madeleine back.

Yet another sad case. No closure. Reminds me of Trenton Duckett's.

Does anyone know if Russell O'Brien has gone back to work yet?

Does anyone know if Russell O'Brien has gone back to work yet?

I have not read word one about him and his daily life Barnaby. He did just give a front porch "interview" and said he was very unhappy about the attention he has received in the past year.

That's about all...

McCann papers could be released

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7325351.stm

The parents of missing Madeleine McCann could soon be able to see the Portuguese police file on their daughter's disappearance.

Rogerio Alves, a Portuguese lawyer for Kate and Gerry McCann, said police files could be made public on 14 April when the official secrecy period ends.
He said this period could be extended only in major inquiries, such as those targeting terrorism or organised crime.
Interesting!! Will it happen? :waitasec: I guess time will tell.

I have not read word one about him and his daily life Barnaby. He did just give a front porch "interview" and said he was very unhappy about the attention he has received in the past year.

That's about all...

Thanks Colomon :)

Well, I'm hoping the McCanns get info on April 14th, because I think that means we can get real info also. I think when the secrecy is lifted, it is lifted for all.

So, new interviews the week of April 7th and then maybe real info the week of April 14th.....

Salem

McCanns: Secrecy of Justice up to August
http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2008/04/mccanns-secrecy-of-justice-up-to-august.html

If there was no understanding of when the period began to count in September, the secrecy of justice would be lifted in April, but having this agreement the secrecy in the process will only end in August. “In declarations, to the CM, Rogério Alves, lawyer of the McCanns, contradicts the news circulating yesterday in the UK press, according to which the process of the inquiry to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann from Praia da Luz, in the 3rd of May of last year, would be available for consultation after the 14th of April.

“It is out of question", said also to the CM a source close to the investigation. According to several English newspapers, quoting an interview of Rogério Alves to the news agency Associated Press [you can read his interview and see the differences in the UK tabloids for yourself], the former bar of the Order of the Lawyers, would have informed his clients that they might try the consultation to the process from the 14th of April. “What I speak with my clients I do not speak in public ", said to the CM Rogério Alves, explaining that "the secrecy will only be lifted in August".

In the count down for the investigations to the friends who were on vacation with the McCanns in the Praia da Luz, predicted to begin day 8 of this month, in Leicester and in the presence of elements of the PJ , Rogério Alves also said to the CM: "I was not notified of anything, neither were my clients." Kate and Gerry, who are preparing a documentary to be exhibited on the 30th of April, about an alert system for missing children, might not be, for the moment, questioned by the police.

Source: Correio da Manhã
http://www.correiodamanha.pt/notici...hannelid=00000010-0000-0000-0000-000000000010

Copied from: http://helpmadeleine.proboards79.co...splay&board=general&thread=1206951556&page=13 post #194

Copied from: http://helpmadeleine.proboards79.co...eral&action=display&thread=1206951556&page=15 post #223 (Thanks Princess!)

Stickybeaked from 3a's posted by elibean

Just posting something I have been sent......this does NOT come from my sister, and I have no real way of knowing whether or not it is for real....but the track record so far has been good

"yeah, i know that 2 are definitely here and the rest to follow on monday, although i've been told sunday.

the mccanns will arrive in portugal on friday 11th, judge will review case on monday 14th. murat will be released from arguido status. mccanns will have access to files from monday 14th possibly. the reason i say this is, i've have found out that charges may be made on the 14th possibly the 11th. when charges are made , suspects are allowed access to files.

lawyer for mccanns confirmed on portugal tv today that they may have access to files on the 14th. sky news has this on their interactive now.

as i said a long time ago, they were always going to portugal on the 11th or 14th. looks like my sources were correct, so i have no reason to doubt any pf the above.

its all coming together quite nicely."

"also 2 officers from SOCA and 2 from scitland yard serious crime office will also be present at some interviews next week"
He told me that, again, it's fine to pass these on.

http://the3arguidos.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7778

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Copied from: http://helpmadeleine.proboards79.co...eral&action=display&thread=1206951556&page=15 post #223 (Thanks Princess!)

Just posting something I have been sent......this does NOT come from my sister, and I have no real way of knowing whether or not it is for real....but the track record so far has been good

"yeah, i know that 2 are definitely here and the rest to follow on monday, although i've been told sunday.

the mccanns will arrive in portugal on friday 11th, judge will review case on monday 14th. murat will be released from arguido status. mccanns will have access to files from monday 14th possibly. the reason i say this is, i've have found out that charges may be made on the 14th possibly the 11th. when charges are made , suspects are allowed access to files.
lawyer for mccanns confirmed on portugal tv today that they may have access to files on the 14th. sky news has this on their interactive now.

as i said a long time ago, they were always going to portugal on the 11th or 14th. looks like my sources were correct, so i have no reason to doubt any pf the above.

"also 2 officers from SOCA and 2 from scitland yard serious crime office will also be present at some interviews next week"

:eek: :woohoo:

Wow - amazing, colomom! :clap: For some reason, what rings true the most is the line I highlighted.

the mccanns will arrive in portugal on friday 11th, judge will review case on monday 14th. murat will be released from arguido status. mccanns will have access to files from monday 14th possibly. the reason i say this is,i've have found out that charges may be made on the 14th possibly the 11th. when charges are made , suspects are allowed access to files.

Under Portugals new secrecy laws arguedos and not just people "charged" have the right to see the files.
So the McCanns...unless the PJ apply for and get a further extention...will also have the right as the official period of secrecy ends on April 14.

If as the article suggests the McCanns are going to Portugal...that in itself would suggest they're not worried about charges...IMO of course.:waitasec:

As we have all said before...Time will tell.

Actually, I was quite distressed to find two such different reports. It aggravates me to no end.

My understanding is that the only way the McCanns will see the files on the 14th is if they are charged with a crime. Otherwise the secrecy period will not end until August (one year from the date of being made arguido).

At least, it appears, we may be looking at less time, before we see some real progress.

Finally.

Actually, I was quite distressed to find two such different reports. It aggravates me to no end.

My understanding is that the only way the McCanns will see the files on the 14th is if they are charged with a crime. Otherwise the secrecy period will not end until August (one year from the date of being made arguido).

At least, it appears, we may be looking at less time, before we see some real progress.

Finally.
Colomom I agree with you..this time. :)

After all this time the Mccanns should be able to see the files, the secrecy laws have already done untold damage, not just to the McCanns but to the reputation of the PJ working the case. IMO

But most important of all I believe they have hindered the search for Madeleine and what happened to her. :( In the UK and US the police would have shared, as early as possible, as much info as they could to get the public involved in the search, any how, any way.
The whole thing is just hearbreaking.

Colomom I agree with you..this time. :)

After all this time the Mccanns should be able to see the files, the secrecy laws have already done untold damage, not just to the McCanns but to the reputation of the PJ working the case. IMO

But most important of all I believe they have hindered the search for Madeleine and what happened to her. :( In the UK and US the police would have shared, as early as possible, as much info as they could to get the public involved in the search, any how, any way.
The whole thing is just hearbreaking.

April,

While I hesitate to make judgements against LE in this case, primarily because we have so little official detail on how the investigation was conducted, I agree with everything else you said....
miracle.gif
fireworks.gif

April,

While I hesitate to make judgements against LE in this case, primarily because we have so little official detail on how the investigation was conducted, I agree with everything else you said....
miracle.gif
fireworks.gif
Colomom I'll go with that. :clap: :clap: :clap:

This is such a shock:waitasec: :waitasec: :waitasec: I'm off for a lie down.:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Krusty2009