MD MD - Judith 'Judy' O'Donnell, 19, Baltimore, 30 Nov 1980

Judy,

Any word from the New York City Police about the NYC Jane Doe? I just keep thinking about her and thinking it could be Judy!

still nothing. I've been poking, prodding, using different resources, the DNA sampling is being done offsite, which makes pushing it along that much more challenging. It's frustrating, but there is nothing I can do to push it along faster, unfortunately.

Have you checked this unidentified person found in Georgia? https://identifyus.org/cases/708
GA GA - Fulton City - WhtFem 107UFGA, 16-20, Silver "Mothers Ring" - Mar'92 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

She was found in 1992 but had been there for some time. I noticed the height and weight matched. Considering Judy's habit of hitch-hiking, the distance doesn't seem to be a problem. I don't see her on the ruleouts so I thought I'd mention it.

That's a really good shout carbuff. The stats are dead on in so many areas, and you're totally right about the distance given her history of hitch hiking. The only thing that gets me about this one is the dentition. The extensive restorations really point to someone who came from money. I haven't researched this case in far too long, but does that fit in with her economic background before she moved to New York? Her dentals are listed as available and would almost instantaneously tell us whether this decedent could be Judith or not. Is there any way to get her hard tissue chart from LE?

That's a really good shout carbuff. The stats are dead on in so many areas, and you're totally right about the distance given her history of hitch hiking. The only thing that gets me about this one is the dentition. The extensive restorations really point to someone who came from money. I haven't researched this case in far too long, but does that fit in with her economic background before she moved to New York? Her dentals are listed as available and would almost instantaneously tell us whether this decedent could be Judith or not. Is there any way to get her hard tissue chart from LE?

Well, there's 10 or so years between when Judy's sister last saw her and when this woman was killed, and Judy thought she saw her at one of Reagan's inaugural parties, so it's possible she married a well-off man.

Well, there's 10 or so years between when Judy's sister last saw her and when this woman was killed, and Judy thought she saw her at one of Reagan's inaugural parties, so it's possible she married a well-off man.

Carbuff,

Did you submit Judith to Tami Schroder, the lady in that is in charge of the Georgia Jane Doe? It's worth a shot.

Carbuff,

Did you submit Judith to Tami Schroder, the lady in that is in charge of the Georgia Jane Doe? It's worth a shot.

I didn't yet -- wanted to give Judith's sister a heads-up if she's still around. I'll post the suggestion tomorrow.

I didn't yet -- wanted to give Judith's sister a heads-up if she's still around. I'll post the suggestion tomorrow.

Are you on Facebook? Judy's sister started a group on there. I am a member. She is determined to find out where here sister is, god bless her.

Carbuff,

Are you on Facebook? Judy's sister started a group on there. I am a member. She is determined to find out where here sister is, god bless her.

Yes, I am. I know I've talked to her before (not on FB) about finding Judy and have been keeping my eye open for potential matches. Will I find it if I search on Judy's name?

Judy (as did the rest of us) had braces, she had extensive dental work (I've had 5 of the blasted things. OUCH) -- namus
looks like it has mtDNA, which Judy also has on file. I have forwarded the case to Det. Law to cross check. The thing that stands out to me on this case is the mothers ring -- she did not have any kids when she went missing (doesn't mean she didn't have any if this is her, certainly possible) there are 4 - not her siblings birth months (hers was april) -- prev dental work does not rule out Judy as poss match.

entirely possible, and 12 years is plenty of time to get hitched and have 4 kids. I've been married 10 and have 3 :) Damn. I missed the clue train on marrying well off though.

I've had a busy month - but I'm ALWAYS around. Never, ever too busy for Judy. Ever. You can always reach out to me - on PM, on facebook, wherever. Thanks for keeping your ear to the ground. I appreciate it more than you know. <3

here is the group -- if anyone is interested in joining.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/LookingForJudy/

I'm the admin. A few people from this thread have joined. It has become a blog of sorts - a place where I can just rant sometimes. And post things I've done to try to find her. I hate the fall. Not so much because the warm breezes of summer fade into the cold harsh winter -- but because it reminds me of the last time we saw her.

JUDY WHERE ARE YOU??

I've had a busy month - but I'm ALWAYS around. Never, ever too busy for Judy. Ever. You can always reach out to me - on PM, on facebook, wherever. Thanks for keeping your ear to the ground. I appreciate it more than you know. <3

Tami Schroeder is working on it from the UID end, so hopefully you'll hear something soon. I always have Judy in the back of my mind when I'm working. We'll find her some day!

Hugs to you and yours.

Tami Schroeder is working on it from the UID end, so hopefully you'll hear something soon. I always have Judy in the back of my mind when I'm working. We'll find her some day!

Hugs to you and yours.

Thanks Maureen for posting your facebook link on here. FB is blocked here at work or I would have sent carbuff the link. (i do get on FB from my phone) but never home long enough to get on my computer there.

I hope you hear back soon from Tami Schroder and your other contacts.

in 16 days it will have been 32 years. I have so felt Judy's presence over the last year -it has been amazing. Last week I took a dive off a high dive - Something possessed me to start importing and selling fresh italian truffles - the good stuff - the really, really expensive good stuff. There were so many synchronistic things that happened yesterday while I was out selling them. And then it dawned on me (again) -- thanks, Judy. I know you were in the passenger seat with me -- and, I'm not going to give up finding you. Not ever. I know we will, and I'm listening to your voice - I can't quite make out the words yet, but I am *trying* sis. <3

Maureen, are you still awaiting outcomes on any UID DNA match tests?

Maureen, are you still awaiting outcomes on any UID DNA match tests?
yes. last I heard (2, maybe 3 weeks ago, maybe 2 months?) is that they are looking into using a different DNA testing protocol, since we haven't gotten any results, likely because the doe was tested so long ago and, obviously, there's no mDNA. Crossing fingers, but fortunately, not holding breath.

It's maddening that it takes *this* long. And, with Sandy and the Nor'Easter, I'm sure the ME's office has been that much more slammed. I wonder, too, how many new does will show up as a result of the sea washing so much shoreline away. :(

yes. last I heard (2, maybe 3 weeks ago, maybe 2 months?) is that they are looking into using a different DNA testing protocol, since we haven't gotten any results, likely because the doe was tested so long ago and, obviously, there's no mDNA. Crossing fingers, but fortunately, not holding breath.

It's maddening that it takes *this* long. And, with Sandy and the Nor'Easter, I'm sure the ME's office has been that much more slammed. I wonder, too, how many new does will show up as a result of the sea washing so much shoreline away. :(
Huge HUGS.

This shouldn't be so hard, it isn't fair. The dread mixed with the hope. And the missing of her.
SIGH.
I'm still picturing your sister wearing that beret, smile and confidence. Seriously, it is the image that comes to mind when I think of her.

that makes me happy to hear, because when I picture her, I picture her full of joie de vivre and gusto as well -- living life large, to its fullest. It kills me inside when I think about the fear she must have experienced, particularly at the end.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back