MD MD - Judith 'Judy' O'Donnell, 19, Baltimore, 30 Nov 1980

thank you thank you thank you. I have tears in my eyes right now. Oh Judy. You'd be so proud.

I'll be on Food Network's CHOPPED this weekend -- and I'll talk about missing persons, my sister in particular. Tune in Sunday (2/24) 8PM EST or Tuesday (2/26) 10PM EST Check your cable listings!! Missing persons in PRIME TIME!

Go girl. Will be rooting for you. Chopped is one of my favorite shows.

This will be great publicity for your sister's case. I have just come across your sister's case because of Tricia's announcement.

I am now going back to read all your posts and this thread.

Looks like some great WS members have been posting here.

Watching the show right now. Best of luck to our friend. :rocker:

Maureen! This is super cool! I love "Chopped."

I hope this also brings you the answers you're looking for re: Judy. You never know where national exposure on a cold case will lead.

Just saw this episode of Chopped! Great job, Maureen. We were rooting for you. You did a great job representing all if us moms out there who cook for our families. :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Just read the whole thread....I'm exhausted now.

I also watched you tonight on Chopped (one of my fave shows). I think you got jipped. The guy should've been chopped (not the Mayor, but the other guy). Crazy judges! :slap: I do love Scott C. :blushing:

You did really well speaking about your sister without breaking down. I had tears in my eyes.

Have you considered contacting Inside Edition? They do a variety of stories. They did a story on the Juliette Geurts murder and she (Lisa Guerrero) tracked down the persons that were home when she was murdered. Lisa is on Twitter and is good about responding to questions: @4lisaguerrero

Hi Maureen.
I just read through Judy's thread after seeing the announcement on the WS home page about "Chopped." Just wanted to let you know that Judy is blessed to have such a strong & determined sister out there looking for her. If she's no longer with us, she surely sees what you are doing and is grateful & proud of you. Sending love & light your way in hopes they lead to Judy.

Just read the whole thread....I'm exhausted now.

I also watched you tonight on Chopped (one of my fave shows). I think you got jipped. The guy should've been chopped (not the Mayor, but the other guy). Crazy judges! :slap: I do love Scott C. :blushing:

You did really well speaking about your sister without breaking down. I had tears in my eyes.

Have you considered contacting Inside Edition? They do a variety of stories. They did a story on the Juliette Geurts murder and she (Lisa Guerrero) tracked down the persons that were home when she was murdered. Lisa is on Twitter and is good about responding to questions: @4lisaguerrero

she replied right away - good call! She asked me to DM her, so I did, with this (because you are limited to 140 characters):
19, vanished, 1980; prostitute, drugs, police wouldn't take case. years later they did, missed window of oppty; http://namus.gov helps

Would love this to get more traction! Thank you!!

Hi Maureen. Finally watched r show on my dvr. U did a great job. U should of won. I Hope u get some new leads on r sister.

haven't seen that link before, it was cool! I didn't see any Judy pix though. I've tried to connect with Jellybean Benitez, unfortunately, he was in the booth the whole time, so the likelihood of him seeing anything - apart from what he could see through glass - is slim. (and he was pretty blotto through that period of time, too!)

Every time I read about a cold case solved, my hopes are raised. Read about a case this morning in the Tampa Bay Times. Judy, where are you? http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts...rial-in-slaying/2112558#.UVsN1LFYpho.facebook

Hoping Judy will be located too!

"Amy Rose Hurst had two children from a previous marriage. Jeff Earley, now 41, was the catalyst for identifying her. His wife had found the Doe Network, an online database with information about missing people. They noticed the case of an unidentified floating woman and called authorities. The Manatee County Sheriff's Office collected a DNA sample from Earley. It matched".

this article sends chills up and down my spine. Anyone reading the 80s thread should read this article. This monster may be the one. Not sure if it will help find Judy, but I'm willing to bet that at least some of the people missing, and in this board, were his victims.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20130402/ARTICLES/130409914/1002/news01?p=all&tc=pgall&tc=ar

Not to mention his accomplices...BBM

"ASO was hoping Little Rock police could track down a teenage male companion who had been traveling with Little during at least the early '80s".

Snip

"Not only did the case file provided by Brown help the LAPD create a timeline of Little's whereabouts over the decades using a compilation of old motel receipts, records of Little's past contacts with law enforcement and witness statements, but it also confirmed the suspected killer's pattern of behavior. Little was believed to shoplift during the day in order to fund his trips to bars at night, where he found many of his victims.

In addition to the Arkansas teen, Little was also accompanied by a woman 20 years his senior, Orelia Dorsey, who would rent the motel rooms they stayed in during their travels.

Hi Maureen, Want to say if I had a sister I wish she was you - I've been reading all the posts and media with your search for Judith - bless you girl! I joined your FB group and had posted there someone we have here as a Jane Doe in Seattle. I know it's a long ways away, but many prostitutes seem to come here. It's the Mary Anderson case from 1996. The medical examiner said the eye color is not always accurate as they can change after death. She's considerably heavier than your sister... but then I am too! Her height is 2 inches shorter but back when I got my DL in 1971 they just asked us how tall we were and I wore platforms! Anyway... There was something about her nose and her cheeks that reminded me of Judith. Here's the link for the Seattle PI story and another one with more in depth information from the medical examiner. http://www.carollsmith.com/pdf/cipher.pdf
and this one: http://www.wahmee.com/misc_kcmeo.pdf Mary Anderson also is on facebook and has a photo when they found her at the very bottom of the page (all other pictures are sketches and colorized. The one at the bottom of the page on the left is the one that is untouched. https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Case-of-Mary-Anderson/555011514520773 If it's not Mary, I do pray you find your sister. If you haven't found film from the innagural yet, let me know. I ordered and old news report myself from 1981 when I was in a mass shooting, and I got it in the mail! I'll share the information if you need it.

http://www.thirdcoastfestival.org/library/1277-a-sister-s-sweet-victory

I wanted to share this with you -- you all know that I've been very motivated to do any sort of media possible -- after being on Chopped for Judy, an opportunity appeared to do this - a radio contest - with a short. What do you think? (honest feedback is best!!!)

I think it's wonderful, speaks to the heart! You have a very powerful voice - powerful because you are easy to listen to. Have you ever thought of going on Blog Talk Radio as an announcer? You could do a show on the missing... have weekly call in's... I think it would be a hit! And, you could get the word out again for Judy :)

Here's the link, you can create your own show...
http://hosts.blogtalkradio.com/pers...}&m_medium={network}&utm_term=blog+talk+radio

I see you already tried Vanderbilt... that's where my tape/cd came from. Sorry I missed that post.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back