MD MD - Judith 'Judy' O'Donnell, 19, Baltimore, 30 Nov 1980

Hi Maureen, Want to say if I had a sister I wish she was you - I've been reading all the posts and media with your search for Judith - bless you girl! I joined your FB group and had posted there someone we have here as a Jane Doe in Seattle. I know it's a long ways away, but many prostitutes seem to come here. It's the Mary Anderson case from 1996. The medical examiner said the eye color is not always accurate as they can change after death. She's considerably heavier than your sister... but then I am too! Her height is 2 inches shorter but back when I got my DL in 1971 they just asked us how tall we were and I wore platforms! Anyway... There was something about her nose and her cheeks that reminded me of Judith. Here's the link for the Seattle PI story and another one with more in depth information from the medical examiner. http://www.carollsmith.com/pdf/cipher.pdf
and this one: http://www.wahmee.com/misc_kcmeo.pdf Mary Anderson also is on facebook and has a photo when they found her at the very bottom of the page (all other pictures are sketches and colorized. The one at the bottom of the page on the left is the one that is untouched. https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Case-of-Mary-Anderson/555011514520773 If it's not Mary, I do pray you find your sister...

Researching Judy (Judith Erin O'Donnell) on Maureen's FB and this websleuth's page as well as YouTube's... I'm more convinced this might be Judith and here's why:
Judy loved makeup (our Mary has all this Estee' and did her full makeup - made herself look perfect)
Judy's eyes were "steel blue" (in death the eyes darken per the ME and could have had the appearance of brown especially with the yellow around the iris)
Judy was Catholic (Mary had a KJ version Family Bible with her at time of death, and Judy was estranged apparently from the Catholic Church)
Judy was proportedly a high priced lady of the night (Mary had very expensive items with her at time of death)
Judy's front teeth had problems - yellowing incisior and she wouldn't wear her retainer so her space and bucked teeth began to reoccur (a high price call girl wouldn't do so well with this so it's natural she might go for a denture or maybe she had a run in with a not so nice "John" Also Mary didn't wear her denture and disposed of it and her ID. Her face around the mouth won't look as full as Judy because her denture is out and her face is sunken in with help from cyanide)
Judy was from Oswego, NY (the area code given on Mary's registration was for Astoria NY and that's outside of NY City proper and Judy was very familiar with that area and lived in and around it)

There are too many similarities for me to discount this as a viable possibility.

Hi Maureen, Want to say if I had a sister I wish she was you - I've been reading all the posts and media with your search for Judith - bless you girl! I joined your FB group and had posted there someone we have here as a Jane Doe in Seattle. I know it's a long ways away, but many prostitutes seem to come here. It's the Mary Anderson case from 1996. The medical examiner said the eye color is not always accurate as they can change after death. She's considerably heavier than your sister... but then I am too! Her height is 2 inches shorter but back when I got my DL in 1971 they just asked us how tall we were and I wore platforms! Anyway... There was something about her nose and her cheeks that reminded me of Judith. Here's the link for the Seattle PI story and another one with more in depth information from the medical examiner. http://www.carollsmith.com/pdf/cipher.pdf
and this one: http://www.wahmee.com/misc_kcmeo.pdf Mary Anderson also is on facebook and has a photo when they found her at the very bottom of the page (all other pictures are sketches and colorized. The one at the bottom of the page on the left is the one that is untouched. https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Case-of-Mary-Anderson/555011514520773 If it's not Mary, I do pray you find your sister. If you haven't found film from the innagural yet, let me know. I ordered and old news report myself from 1981 when I was in a mass shooting, and I got it in the mail! I'll share the information if you need it.

It's chilling, reading through the article. My father is a retired PhD chemist. We know about cyanide. The height discrepancy is big - but could she have developed arthritis, as many in our family do, and given her troubled past, did it accelerate? did she have osteoporosis and lose a few inches? I used to wear a size 10 before kids. That sent chills, too. The account sounds like what I've envisioned her life was like, lonely, sad, at least at some point, filled with despair. And largely forgotten, other than the few who work on cold cases.

yeah, I know about Vanderbilt, as well as the presidential libraries. If, in fact, judy was a mule or was there with a spy, it has been theorized that the footage would be destroyed, which appears to be the case, as the original station that aired it has burned to the ground. I need to find the someone or someones who knew her, while she was alive. They may hold the clues to how she likely died.

Researching Judy (Judith Erin O'Donnell) on Maureen's FB and this websleuth's page as well as YouTube's... I'm more convinced this might be Judith and here's why:
Judy loved makeup (our Mary has all this Estee' and did her full makeup - made herself look perfect)
Judy's eyes were "steel blue" (in death the eyes darken per the ME and could have had the appearance of brown especially with the yellow around the iris)
Judy was Catholic (Mary had a KJ version Family Bible with her at time of death, and Judy was estranged apparently from the Catholic Church)
Judy was proportedly a high priced lady of the night (Mary had very expensive items with her at time of death)
Judy's front teeth had problems - yellowing incisior and she wouldn't wear her retainer so her space and bucked teeth began to reoccur (a high price call girl wouldn't do so well with this so it's natural she might go for a denture or maybe she had a run in with a not so nice "John" Also Mary didn't wear her denture and disposed of it and her ID. Her face around the mouth won't look as full as Judy because her denture is out and her face is sunken in with help from cyanide)
Judy was from Oswego, NY (the area code given on Mary's registration was for Astoria NY and that's outside of NY City proper and Judy was very familiar with that area and lived in and around it)

There are too many similarities for me to discount this as a viable possibility.
Is DNA available?

Is DNA available?

First, our cold Case Division was closed this year due to budget cuts. With that said we have only the information provided by reporters in the years following her discovery:
Arleigh Marquis, the medical examiner's primary investigator on the case now with Snohomish county Jerry Webster, a former chief investigator for the King County Medical Examiner's Office, at his mortuary in Seattle. We also have mention of A Chief Medical Examiner who is also a Board Certified Forensic Pathologist administers the KCMEO. Dr. Donald Reay, the Chief Medical Examiner at the KCMEO, is one of the top Forensic Pathologists in the United States.
Kodiak has indicated he's been in touch with Kathy so he may have more information on who is still in King County who can help.

It's chilling, reading through the article. My father is a retired PhD chemist. We know about cyanide. The height discrepancy is big - but could she have developed arthritis, as many in our family do, and given her troubled past, did it accelerate? did she have osteoporosis and lose a few inches? I used to wear a size 10 before kids. That sent chills, too. The account sounds like what I've envisioned her life was like, lonely, sad, at least at some point, filled with despair. And largely forgotten, other than the few who work on cold cases. yeah, I know about Vanderbilt, as well as the presidential libraries. If, in fact, judy was a mule or was there with a spy, it has been theorized that the footage would be destroyed, which appears to be the case, as the original station that aired it has burned to the ground. I need to find the someone or someones who knew her, while she was alive. They may hold the clues to how she likely died.

It was seeing her through your eyes that caught my attention. Now that you tell me her father is a retired chemist, I have chills too. The height was so variable back then, and yes a history of arthritis or osteo would tend to shrink a person over time. For me personally, that is the case.
I hope we can find your sister. I know many eyes looking, and fresh eyes all the time will certainly be helpful. You always pray and believe someone will see something missed or overlooked. I'll keep looking through the Janes on the East Coast and Canada as this lead is investigated either way.

She is so lovely... Did she act in school plays, or sing in school programs? I remember when we were young kids we of course had "imagination" and we would put on plays and perform for the neighborhood kids. It was great fun and there was always a supply of talent in the block :)

She is so lovely... Did she act in school plays, or sing in school programs? I remember when we were young kids we of course had "imagination" and we would put on plays and perform for the neighborhood kids. It was great fun and there was always a supply of talent in the block :)
she did. she honestly believed that she could get "discovered" in NYC - as so many teens / runaways / kids who have lost their way did back then. Now you can get your 15 minutes so much more easily - with youtube -

why would this mary anderson give a nyc address if she was in washington? i think that she could be judy but more info is needed is judys dna in the national database? the phone number she also listed was no exsistant but maybe years ago it was a working number is there a way for le to find out when that phone number was ever in use when and who was it registered to.

she did. she honestly believed that she could get "discovered" in NYC - as so many teens / runaways / kids who have lost their way did back then. Now you can get your 15 minutes so much more easily - with youtube -

I know a lot of them also went to California and the west coast... I remember a lot of people discouraged with NYC did so. (Another reason why I thought of our Jane Doe as a possible match)

Bumping for Judy and hoping someone out there might remember meeting or seeing her in the 80's.
Could it be possible that Judy is still alive and living in obscurity?

Sorry if this has been posted before. I only scanned through the pages, so may've missed some things.
After watching a rerun of Chopped last night I was curious to see if this one had been solved.

I thought the similarities here were worth reading twice. There are things that don't match (height).

Judy - Charley project:
odonnell_judith2.jpg
odonnell_judith4.jpg

Reconstruction - doe network:
697UFNY1.jpg

http://doenetwork.org/cases/697ufny.html

Vital Statistics

•Estimated age: 20-23 years old
•Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2-5'4"; 90-130 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair. Possibly pierced ears. Possibly diabetic.
•Dentals: Available. 2 mm space between 8 & 9. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Case History
The victim was located off Route 63, in the Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge in Orleans County, New York on October 29, 1983.

Sorry if this has been posted before. I only scanned through the pages, so may've missed some things.
After watching a rerun of Chopped last night I was curious to see if this one had been solved.

I thought the similarities here were worth reading twice. There are things that don't match (height).

Judy - Charley project:
odonnell_judith2.jpg
odonnell_judith4.jpg

Reconstruction - doe network:
697UFNY1.jpg

http://doenetwork.org/cases/697ufny.html

Vital Statistics

•Estimated age: 20-23 years old
•Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2-5'4"; 90-130 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair. Possibly pierced ears. Possibly diabetic.
•Dentals: Available. 2 mm space between 8 & 9. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Case History
The victim was located off Route 63, in the Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge in Orleans County, New York on October 29, 1983.
I don't recall seeing this case before -- I so appreciate your posting here. I will go look at it right now. Thank you!!! I wonder if she's entered into namus ?? (if so, in theory her dna would be automatically checked against Judy's, if it was available. Often, what I'm finding, is that if the doe is buried, even if exhumed, it's really difficult to extract dna if a corpse has been buried that long. Thank you for taking the time to find us, and to help find Judy. xox

The investigator on the case, interestingly, had seen the CHOPPED episode last night and thought, wow, she's looking for my sister, and I've just started with this 30 year old case! So when he got my message, to say the least, he was a little gobsmacked! The doe had been ruled out based on dentals. They're working on extracting DNA on her -- and it's possible that they'll re run the DNA to see if it's a match afterall. Thank you, @MJames, for posting this. As I've stated before - I follow any and all leads!! If you want to see the chopped episode, it's on tonight and next week (the 11th) at 9:00 EST/PST (8 and 11 in the midwest!)

Hi, Maureen,

Funny thing about Websleuths is that after you become a member it becomes your 'source' when something suspicious happens.
I was confident, when I saw your sister had been missing for years, that there would be a page at Websleuths. I didn't know how old the Chopped episode was, so was curious what had happened since.

The investigator on the case, interestingly, had seen the CHOPPED episode last night and thought, wow, she's looking for my sister, and I've just started with this 30 year old case!

I wonder if he has been here before.

The doe had been ruled out based on dentals.

I don't understand this. Ruled out as being your sister?
The dental comment was what caught my attention. I already thought the reconstruction resembled Judy, but when I read she had a gap in her front teeth I was nagged to post. I wouldn't have posted at all had it not told that.

I stumbled upon Websleuths because of a missing person in my life. It's like having a question never answered. Hope you find your answer soon.

as stated correctly by previous poster - it was a family gathering for thanksgiving, 1980. It was a particularly emotionally charged thanksgiving - one sister was presenting her son, the first grandchild on that side of the family, mulatto, born out of wedlock in a baltimore catholic family. There were also 2 50th wedding anniversaries that year -neither of which my sisters were invited to attend. Judy Hitch-hiked to MN to attend one of them. My sister Judy was also uninvited to be a part of my brother's wedding the year before. Judy showed up in Ellicott City Maryland (at an uncle's home) with her bags of clothes (think those big honkin' army bags). She was more or less living on the street, though all the sites claim she was living in the Village. She was an apiring actress/singer - and had spent time at Covenant House. She had also been arrested for prostitution more than once. Her favorite haunt in the City was Studio 54.

I cannot remember what she was wearing that day. I believe she did not have pierced ears. She did have a scar under her chin and one on her left arm. She had a discolored left central incisor (top), and had braces - but did not wear her retainer, so her bucked teeth and split between the two fronts came back.

I am certain. CERTAIN I saw her at one of Reagan's innaugural parties in January 1981. I was home alone - and didn't think to call the Reagan library to get copies until 2005. The copies of all the TV coverage I received did not have her on any of them (6 hours or so worth of tape).

Judy is 5'11", dark steel blue eyes, with yellow ring around the iris. She was known to hitch hike, often. She had long, thin (but shapely) athletic legs.

As far as we know, she never made it back to NYC. I wish I could be of more help.

Bumping this post in case anyone recognizes Judy from any old political news reels ect

Hi, Maureen,

Funny thing about Websleuths is that after you become a member it becomes your 'source' when something suspicious happens.
I was confident, when I saw your sister had been missing for years, that there would be a page at Websleuths. I didn't know how old the Chopped episode was, so was curious what had happened since.

I wonder if he has been here before.

I don't understand this. Ruled out as being your sister?
The dental comment was what caught my attention. I already thought the reconstruction resembled Judy, but when I read she had a gap in her front teeth I was nagged to post. I wouldn't have posted at all had it not told that.

I stumbled upon Websleuths because of a missing person in my life. It's like having a question never answered. Hope you find your answer soon.

Hi -
I just realized I never responded to you. Fortunately, when you've been waiting 33 years, a couple of months is pretty much a drop in the bucket. The case had already been ruled out - some time ago - based on dentals of the doe (and my sister). Sometimes, there are facts in the case - such as a severely impacted tooth - that aren't listed - I remember such a case when one of the Green River Killer's victims was UID, I called, and the investigator was able to immediately rule out Judy. It's frustrating, because NamUs doesn't always update the ruled out parties very quickly.

Re post... August 18 2011

http://archive.longislandpress.com/2011/08/18/still-looking-for-judy-judith-erin-odonnell/
bbm.
“She would be 50 years old today,” says Maureen. “She’s been missing longer than we had her here.”

The last time Maureen saw her sister it was a few days after Thanksgiving, in 1980, she tells the Press. Maureen was 14 years old and in the middle of her freshman year of high school. She and her family, in Baltimore for the holiday, dropped Judy off at the bus station and hugged and kissed her goodbye, then made their way back upstate by car to their hometown of Oswego.

Judy was headed back to New York City, still hoping to become an actress and a singer. Maureen was supposed to see her again in a few weeks for Christmas and would no doubt talk to her on the phone before then. But the calls never came and, when Christmas arrived, neither did Judy.

For the past three decades, Maureen has been waiting for her sister to come home"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back