Deceased/Not Found MD - Linda, 21, & Lori Peugeot, 2, LaVale, 22 Sept 1969

The only thing I find mornic about this discussion is all the time and energy being spent on it when we could be helping to find missing people. My only reason for even posting regarding this discussion is that I would hate for anyone to be deterred from doing all the good work websleuths does because a fustrated members angry post. It goes with out questioning that no one should ever contact a family of a missing or murdered person unless invited to do so. There is no excuse for anyone who has done this and done it repeatidly. However, I do not think that issue is a reflection of websleuths or the majority of the members here. I do not understand the statement that only people who find a tip should be the one to call it it. How does one know that someone else has allready called in that tip and why does that even matter? There is a huge difference between calling in a tip and calling 100 times. The latter is harrrasment and is of couse unexceptable but no one should be afriad to call in a tip because he or she might not have been the one and only person to find this piece of information. The focus of our efforts should always be on the missing and when, how we "speak" to one another and what we request interfeers with those efforts then I think we need to reexamine what we have said. Intrestedwomen, please do not apologize for mixing up two cases. All human beings make mystakes and people need to feel free to make mystakes here so they can be comfortable sharing ideas and theories and challenging the likley to discover the solutions. Once we alow the flow of ideas and thoughts to be stifled by ridicule, anger and judgmentalism we are in effect stifeling the ability of websleuths to be the wonderful tool it is in helping the missing.

mjak

Hi all, I want to apologize for my offensive comment. I have been asked by my family members to please stop anyone from bothering them- especially my uncle. I only wanted to make it clear that things are being done by LE (NCMEC, Maryland State Police and possibly on up) with regards to their case. Poppypetals is a close friend of mine and she has said all the correct info about the case. Thanks for your support, your caring and kindness and I am sorry I "snapped". There is so much pressure to squash the attention on Linda and Lori from the people who were closest to them. It is nice to me that so many people would like to help. Sorry.

Hi all, I want to apologize for my offensive comment. I have been asked by my family members to please stop anyone from bothering them- especially my uncle. I only wanted to make it clear that things are being done by LE (NCMEC, Maryland State Police and possibly on up) with regards to their case. Poppypetals is a close friend of mine and she has said all the correct info about the case. Thanks for your support, your caring and kindness and I am sorry I "snapped". There is so much pressure to squash the attention on Linda and Lori from the people who were closest to them. It is nice to me that so many people would like to help. Sorry.

As I stated before we all make mystakes, me all snap and certanitly it is understandable how you feel about protecting your love ones. lets just move on from here and get back to the business of helping the missing.

mjak

I agree with mjak lets just move on. I also agree that it was probably not even WS members making the phone calls. Or that at least it was not WS members from this thread doing it. I also read for over a year before registering and posting. Newbees need to be directed (nicely) to read the threads completely and any old threads that would be helpful. As we might get something new from a newbee (we do not want to lose any potential amateur slueths do we?)we would not want to chase them off.

Were the dumps in the place he was supposed to have dumped lindas body in like the big ones we have now? Or were they like the ones in my area here had back then? Just a bunch of junk dumped down a hill? I know that may sound stupid to some of you but actually if it was like the old dumps here then her remains might just be recovered someday or could have been already and remains were dated wrong?

kim playfair I am wondering if you are following this thread anymore or anyone else for that matter. There have been no posts since my last post. As I have not asked for an update since 2-28-2007 on the DNA tests and it is 8-18-2007 (six more months)I thought maybe they might have at least let your family know how much longer before they actually do the test or finish the test.

Hello, there is nothing new to report. No test results have been released at this point. The DNA lab is backed up so there is no way to tell when they will have any info. Also, it will be up to LE and my uncle to release info to the public when they want...

Kim:

Depending on how much news coverage your family is anticipating if there is a match, it would be wise to have a strategy for release in place (if your uncle and LE decide to release the results at all). The media, left to their own devices, will chew up the average family in this sort of situation. Take control of the situation early, do what needs to happen without interference before any public announcement is made, designate a single family spokesperson (someone who can go toe-to-toe with a pack of hyenas) and demand that this spokesperson will be the only source of information from the family. And if things get out of control, have the local LE run the press vultures away from your front door.

I am praying for your uncle that Sharon was not his daughter. My following of Sharons case also makes me want him to be for Sharon so she will have her identity. But most of all I pray that he will be left alone either way if that is what he wishes. I hope that at least if she turns out to be his daughter that at maybe he will get to meet and maybe have a relationship with the daughterSharon adopted out to the people in Louisiana. Seems it would have been faster to have Montel or someone pay for DNA on your uncle and this girl and it would have been done quicker?

I am praying for your uncle that Sharon was not his daughter. My following of Sharons case also makes me want him to be for Sharon so she will have her identity. But most of all I pray that he will be left alone either way if that is what he wishes. I hope that at least if she turns out to be his daughter that at maybe he will get to meet and maybe have a relationship with the daughterSharon adopted out to the people in Louisiana. Seems it would have been faster to have Montel or someone pay for DNA on your uncle and this girl and it would have been done quicker?
I know what you mean Flower...If I learned anything from the Anna Nichole saga is that you can get a DNA test for $450 with results in less than a week from dozens of independent labs across the country. It's sad that LE doesn't refer paternity type DNA comparison to independent labs to help lighten their load. Not only would it be much faster, it probably would be less expensive for the tax payer.

I had a cousin who was mudered in the mid-sixties so I can relate. I was in my twenties when she was killed and I knew her quite well. Her body was found floating in a river and her picture was on TV for several days before anyone identified her. Her killer was never found.

Her case makes Unsolved and Most Wanted every 5 or 6 years or so. Once, they let a man out of jail whom they "suspected" of killing her and about 14 other young women. Well, out came the APB, America's Most Wanted again, and a host of reporters. My phone rang constantly and I even had people knocking on my doors. So, I can relate to a lot of this, but it didn't upset me very much. So much time had passed that life had gone on and it wasn't a sharp pain any more. It upset my aunt more than it did me, but she's in her eighties and sees the publicity more as an embarassment than anything else.

A couple of years ago I got a phone call from the sister of another missing girl and she wanted justice, if possible. She called me several times with wild stories - but who knows????? She emailed for a few months then that was the end of that.

Yeah, you do get some whackos, and on some topic threads on websleuths the posters DO contact the grieving parties through email and are proud of it even though it isn't to express sympathy or support.

Yes, I can relate, but I relate to both sides. The only thing I ask is some of the posters READ what went before. I had to and it took hours, but I did it so I wouldn't ask the same old over and over and over again.

Hello, there is nothing new to report. No test results have been released at this point. The DNA lab is backed up so there is no way to tell when they will have any info. Also, it will be up to LE and my uncle to release info to the public when they want...

It was been an awfully long time to wait for DNA results. It would appear to me from the above statement that perhaps they have indeed come back, just not "released" yet. There's also been no word of late from those who have put so much research ino this case - I may be suspicious but I think maybe there is a match that is not being made public. If this is the case - can you please just let us know and put us out of our misery!

As of 10/7/07, the DNA results have not come back - still waiting... :(

Update: Results are in on DNA for Lori Peugeot, her DNA was run through CODIS on 11/13, I have information from family member that there were no hits/matches.

Please keep everyone in your prayers.

This case will be 40 YEARS old this month...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant
Back