Deceased/Not Found MD - Linda, 21, & Lori Peugeot, 2, LaVale, 22 Sept 1969

Has there been any word yet on the DnA tests of Sharon Marshall/ Peugeot family? I have been checking here but there has not even been any new posts for a while? Please advise if results are in?

Just out of curiosity, Flower, did you know someone involved with the Hoss case?

Richard said:
I received the following information from someone who is far more familiar with this case than I am.

Stanley Hoss committed 2 very brutal, disgusting rapes with a man named Richard Surdyk, and for those crimes, he was incarcerated.

He escaped with a man named Thomas Lubresky. They got a ride from a man Lubresky later identified as George Kane to the house of an invalid woman named Amanda Riddle. She gave them clothes and money.

After his subsequent capture, Hoss confessed to police that after he abducted Linda and Lori, he shot Linda Peugeot almost immediately in the side and in the head. She bled out in the trunk of the car. According to police, there were huge amounts of blood in the trunk.

Hoss stated that he drove baby Lori around the country with him for 6 days, the last sighting of her with Hoss was in Fairberry, Illinois.

Stanley Hoss' brother Harold Hoss was living in Chicago when this kidnapping occurred. Harold is also a convicted felon.

Stanley Hoss made 3 trips to Chicago during his run from justice.

Floyd went to the Chicago area and mailed his friend David a postcard from there in 1973, which is the time it was believed that he obtained Sharon.

Lori's birthday is 9/22/1967. Sharon's was always said to be 9/19/1967. Floyd always said Sharon's mother's name was Linda. Floyd has always stated that Sharon is not "missing".
If he kept her for 6 days, did he feed her and change her? i seem to remember reading that he was sighted at a restaurant. If this is true what did the child have to eat and how? i certaintly cant see him sitting with her feeding her, can you?
i have to agree he isnt the type to hang on to anyone, i reckon he would just get rid as fast as possible and move on. I would love to know more about Surdyke and if he had any family that may have seen that child.

does anyone know the results of the blood group in the back of the car ( the boot ) ?

Kim no I know no one from the case. I found linda and loris case when I was searching for possibilites on Sharon Marshall. I have been following hers for a while but had never posted before as I had nothing to add. I just think as many others do that there are resemblances.

Has the DNA test come back yet? If not does anyone have any idea how long that takes?

kim playfair said:
They have been mentioned in the Sharon Marshall forum because age&looks have suggested Lori could be Sharon. The book that Jim Hollock is writing is going to be getting published soon.

How could Lori be Sharon Marshall? Wasn't Lori just a little girl and wasn't Linda the mother? I thought that Sharon Marshall died when she was much older and had a child of her own or am I mixed up?

Bobbisangel said:
How could Lori be Sharon Marshall? Wasn't Lori just a little girl and wasn't Linda the mother? I thought that Sharon Marshall died when she was much older and had a child of her own or am I mixed up?
Sharon was a young girl when kidnapped. Although not as young as little Lori. No account for the years between when Lori was kidnapped and when it's suspected "Sharon" was acquired/kidnapped. Athough floyd always stated Sharons mothers name was Linda...... may just be coincidence, or Floyd may have known of this story and used it too as an alias.

It has been a while now. Has the DNA test been finished yet? Please let us know what is going on with the case?

I am Lori Peugeot's cousin. From the Peugeot Family, I will make this statement:
We have gone through all the proper channels to have their case listed and all the LE's know all about everything. The authorities are dealing with what needs to be dealt with. Anyone who bothers my uncle or any other family member is not going to like the results. LE is aware of the fact that people have been bothering him.
When we get anything that is permitted to be released to the public, he will do that. Thank you for those of you who actually care about the broken hearts of my family who have lived through the tragedy of losing Linda and Lori. The family is not interested in reliving this and is not welcoming any unsolicited calls or letters.
For anyone who doesn't know, dna and other types of tests take months and months.

I am Lori Peugeot's cousin. From the Peugeot Family, I will make this statement:
We have gone through all the proper channels to have their case listed and all the LE's know all about everything. The authorities are dealing with what needs to be dealt with. Anyone who bothers my uncle or any other family member is not going to like the results. LE is aware of the fact that people have been bothering him.
When we get anything that is permitted to be released to the public, he will do that. Thank you for those of you who actually care about the broken hearts of my family who have lived through the tragedy of losing Linda and Lori. The family is not interested in reliving this and is not welcoming any unsolicited calls or letters.
For anyone who doesn't know, dna and other types of tests take months and months.

????

There were two months between the above posts asking for updates. Pretty innocent. I don't take asking on an independent thread as the individual above did if anyone is hearing anything as "bothering the family." I kind of take the above post as threatening almost. Geez.

Deidre

I think that Kim was using the fourm as a means to convey in a general sense that the family does not wish to be contacted in any way, shape, or form. Sounds to me like people were calling, mailing, or otherwise contacting the family outside of Websleuths (and other places on the internet) and harrassing them. In other words, the post wasn't directed at Flower 1969 or other innocuous update requests. Just asking for respect for the family as this is a very troubling time for them, dredging up all of this pain from the past.

i'm sure it is, but why use our forum - several places in our forum i might add - to convey an unfriendly message - most of us i think have not "bothered" her family in any way.....

i'm sure it is, but why use our forum - several places in our forum i might add - to convey an unfriendly message - most of us i think have not "bothered" her family in any way.....

I know what you mean timetravel, seemed a little bit like, leave us alone, we don't care...strange. I guess I'm just used to cases where the family wants it solved and appreciate any help.

She did not just post that message here !! Lori's dad's wife and child were shot, he found out she lived for a while and bled out in the trunk of her own car, lost most of her blood contents in the trunk, he also found out his 2 year old daughter was most likely shot and possibly worse.

There are people calling him, this is the only place his name was posted.

Can you imagine if this happened to someone in your family and people off of here were calling them.

The family has done absolutely everything they could do back then and now to have this all investigated. I cannot believe the comments I am reading here.

It is never the intention of anyone I have met at websleuths to upset or revictimize the familiy members of any missing or murdered person. Family members should have every right to request that their family members situation not be part of websleuths. I think prehaps this might be the best solution in this case because clearly the family is feeling traumatized by attention they percieve as being initiated thru publicity garnered by the thread of websleuths.
IF Kim playfair is a designated family spoksmen prehaps she should be given the option to have this thread locked outof respect for the family. IF she is not an official spokesperson then in my opinion it is not a good idea to lock this thread because that infringes on the right to free speech upon which so much of what we do at websleuths is enabled. I would hope that all people are respectful of each other. This includes not only people who might be disregarding boundaries and intrudding upon a family who has been so traumatized; but, also a family memeber who is trying to protect her family but who's message has been interrpurted as rude by a majority of peoples who's only agenda was really to help. Let us not harbor on the negative but foces on the positive.

mjak

Mjak, I respectfully agree with everything that you said. The problem is, there are certain people who do not have the intelligence to realize that Dna takes a long time. They are calling, even though it has been made very clear on this forum that Dna testing is underway. They do not have the patience to simply wait. It has been made very clear and I think the family is losing patience with the phone calls.

They have also barraged Maryland's Missing with phonecalls reporting this as a match for Sharon Marshall. Can they not clearly read and understand that obviously if DNA testing is already underway, this has all been done before ?? I can in no way understand the actions of these people. They have also called Western Penitentiary asking for Jim Hollock. It is just intrusive and wrong. There is a point where wishing to help becomes "I'm too impatient"

All of this has been made abundantly clear more than once. I do not blame Kim for losing her temper at all.

Mjak, I respectfully agree with everything that you said. The problem is, there are certain people who do not have the intelligence to realize that Dna takes a long time. They are calling, even though it has been made very clear on this forum that Dna testing is underway. They do not have the patience to simply wait. It has been made very clear and I think the family is losing patience with the phone calls.

They have also barraged Maryland's Missing with phonecalls reporting this as a match for Sharon Marshall. Can they not clearly read and understand that obviously if DNA testing is already underway, this has all been done before ?? I can in no way understand the actions of these people. They have also called Western Penitentiary asking for Jim Hollock. It is just intrusive and wrong. There is a point where wishing to help becomes "I'm too impatient"

All of this has been made abundantly clear more than once. I do not blame Kim for losing her temper at all.

In this world their are always people who just do not seem to get it. Fortunitly, these folks are usually the minority and not the majority. Professiional organisations such as Maryland's Missing and Prisons I am sure are quite use to dealing with the annoying, misguided and obseesed and are probably not losing any sleep or over the antics of a misguided personor two . I Find it hard to beleive that their could be so many people acting inappropriatly that it justifies losing ones temper at all. I personally would rather have the help of the many , even those who are annoying and misguided then silencing all and prehaps missing out on the one piece of information that could be the key to bringing home a missing person or brigning answers to a traumatized family. Prehaps the real answer here is that we all need tolerance. Tolerance for the misugided who drive us nuts and the stressed and upset who alow there emotions to produce an emotionlay charged response where one might not have been called for.

mjak

His wife and daughter were murdered !!

There is no possible reason for anyone to be calling him. If they have a tip, they should be calling the police.

And we are talking about hundreds of calls. This is the sad truth, like it or not, believe it or not.

She did not just post that message here !! Lori's dad had his wife shot, he found out she lived for a while and bled out in the trunk of her own car, lost most of her blood contents in the trunk, he also found out his 2 year old daughter was most likely shot and possibly worse.

I'm confused about this. Are you saying the father was involved in their disappearance or is this a mistake?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maryjane99
Back