Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023 #3

From what I can tell, you have to be convicted of a crime in NY before they will take your DNA.
Thank you. Was fearing something like that. Time for the cigarette, vape pen, coffee cup, or water bottle in the trash perhaps? MOO

I wonder if it will be any different with obtaining DNA in Georgia. And sure wonder what TX did during apparent detainment there? MOO

Thank you. Was fearing something like that. Time for the cigarette, vape pen, coffee cup, or water bottle in the trash perhaps? MOO

I wonder if it will be any different with obtaining DNA in Georgia. And sure wonder what TX did during apparent detainment there? MOO

IANAL, but I believe this is current GA code about collecting DNA from prisoners:

It sounds like it could be a slow process, but I wonder there's instances where these codes can be superseded. Perhaps LE is still allowed to run the sample for a match, just not keep it on CODIS file?
  1. Who has been convicted of a felony and is currently incarcerated in a detention facility, serving a probation sentence, or serving under the jurisdiction of the State Board of Pardons and Paroles for such felony; or​
  2. Who has been charged with a felony, and sentence for such offense has been imposed pursuant to Article 3 of Chapter 8 of Title 42 or pursuant to subsection (a) or (c) of Code Section 16-13-2.
and also:

3. Paragraph (1) of this subsection shall not apply to any individual for a conviction for a misdemeanor, to any individual who is charged with a misdemeanor and the sentence for such misdemeanor is imposed pursuant to Article 3 of Chapter 8 of Title 42 regarding first offenders, or because he or she has been charged with a misdemeanor.​

I'd say maybe this Jose guy in Georgia is not tall enough. How tall did they say the sketch guy connected to Rachel's murder might be? I just found the Georgia suspect's height & weight. (see above MSN article) I think the person who killed Rachel was taller. How tall was Rachel Morin?

"Ibarra was taken into custody by UGA police on Friday. He measures 5 foot 3 inches and weighs 170 lbs, per the Clarke County Sheriff’s Department booking sheet. Laken measured 5 feet 4 inches, weighing 115 lbs, according to a UGA Police Department report."

It sounds like it could be a slow process, but I wonder there's instances where these codes can be superseded. Perhaps LE is still allowed to run the sample for a match, just not keep it on CODIS file?
  1. Who has been convicted of a felony and is currently incarcerated in a detention facility, serving a probation sentence, or serving under the jurisdiction of the State Board of Pardons and Paroles for such felony; or​
  2. Who has been charged with a felony, and sentence for such offense has been imposed pursuant to Article 3 of Chapter 8 of Title 42 or pursuant to subsection (a) or (c) of Code Section 16-13-2.
and also:

3. Paragraph (1) of this subsection shall not apply to any individual for a conviction for a misdemeanor, to any individual who is charged with a misdemeanor and the sentence for such misdemeanor is imposed pursuant to Article 3 of Chapter 8 of Title 42 regarding first offenders, or because he or she has been charged with a misdemeanor.​
I'm thinking that a warrant could be requested for this suspect's DNA if the investigators thought he was connected to Rachel's attack.

I'd say maybe this Jose guy in Georgia is not tall enough. How tall did they say the sketch guy connected to Rachel's murder might be? I just found the Georgia suspect's height & weight. (see above MSN article) I think the person who killed Rachel was taller. How tall was Rachel Morin?

"Ibarra was taken into custody by UGA police on Friday. He measures 5 foot 3 inches and weighs 170 lbs, per the Clarke County Sheriff’s Department booking sheet. Laken measured 5 feet 4 inches, weighing 115 lbs, according to a UGA Police Department report."
Wonder if another individual is associated too? Perhaps a pair working together? And the image of the brother from the arrest in GA is interesting as well. One might envision a lookout to help observe surroundings or keep alert on others? And don’t disagree with some possible height and weight differences in the Rachel Morin case. Yet that one image of the suspect in that case from the CA related incident is I believe from a Ring or door mounted camera. So maybe distortion and other lens aperture might affect the observations? (Yet I would like to think that investigators have taken that into consideration?). [I also placed something similar on the WS GA incident thread.] MOO

Last edited:
... [I also placed something similar on the WS GA incident thread.] MOO
Snipped your post to reply. I agree that the suspect could have a look out, but both seem to be crimes committed by a sole suspect.

Someone described the sketch suspect from either the LA scene or seen on the trail when Rachel was murdered, so the height, I think, could come from that witness description. Anybody know where the height & weight description came from for the sketch suspect?

I couldn't find the height of the suspect in Rachel's case earlier on here, so I should repeat my post from the GA thread.
(see below)

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼

I posted those pics for comparison on Rachel Morin's thread. There's definitely similarities in looks, but... Since finding out that JAI is only 5'3" tall I'm having doubts.

MSN
"Ibarra was taken into custody by UGA police on Friday. He measures 5 foot 3 inches and weighs 170 lbs, per the Clarke County Sheriff’s Department booking sheet."
Whereas--

MSN

Rachel Morin's killer
is thought to be taller-- "The suspect is believed to be 5 foot, 9 inches tall, weighs 160 pounds, and is in his early-to-mid 20s."

Snipped your post to reply. I agree that the suspect could have a look out, but both seem to be crimes committed by a sole suspect.

Someone described the sketch suspect from either the LA scene or seen on the trail when Rachel was murdered, so the height, I think, could come from that witness description. Anybody know where the height & weight description came from for the sketch suspect?

I couldn't find the height of the suspect in Rachel's case earlier on here, so I should repeat my post from the GA thread.
(see below)

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼

I posted those pics for comparison on Rachel Morin's thread. There's definitely similarities in looks, but... Since finding out that JAI is only 5'3" tall I'm having doubts.

MSN
"Ibarra was taken into custody by UGA police on Friday. He measures 5 foot 3 inches and weighs 170 lbs, per the Clarke County Sheriff’s Department booking sheet."
Whereas--

MSN

Rachel Morin's killer
is thought to be taller-- "The suspect is believed to be 5 foot, 9 inches tall, weighs 160 pounds, and is in his early-to-mid 20s."
I would think the living witness at the home invasion should be able to "yea" or "nay" based upon a photo lineup.

JMO, but I don’t think the Ibarra mug shot resembles the California suspect at all.

Other than them both being young Hispanic males, I see no similarity.

It’s true that all we see of the Cali suspect is his side and back, plus whatever is in the sketch. It’s also true that the angle of the door camera in California may distort that guy’s height.

But to me I see two very different men. Body shape, hair texture, height all seem far apart. Not that Ibarra’s hair is longer, because of course hair length is variable, but I see an entirely different type of head of hair. I see a very different physical frame, not just if someone gained weight but a shorter man with a naturally different shape altogether.

I’d love to be wrong and have Rachel’s murder solved, but I just don’t think they are the same man.

I’d love to be wrong and have Rachel’s murder solved, but I just don’t think they are the same man.
You are 100% entitled to your own observations and opinions, @Arkay, but in the end, you and I want the same thing. Whoever did this to Rachel Morin must be captured and taken off the streets. Both these vicious attacks and murders are absolutely tragic losses and heartbreaking.
JMO, but I don’t think the Ibarra mug shot resembles the California suspect at all.
Other than them both being young Hispanic males, I see no similarity.....
Snipped to reply. I don't think they're the same person, but I see some similarities.

Remember the sketch is just someone describing what they think they saw in facial features-- brows, ear placement, chin, nose, etc., It's close enough to make many people give thought.

I agree there's a weight difference it appears, but IMO the slope of the shoulders are similar. MOO, the height difference matters.
(I see the LA guy as taller and less chubby, yes, Jose is what I'd say is overweight for 5'3" and looks out of shape.) Well, the witness that gave the sketch description would know, but the height difference matters big time.
Posting only to COMPARE.
1708844547503.png .. 1708844563504.png
Middle pics are of JAI, only posting these to COMPARE.
1708844683350.png ..1708844700320.png .. 1708844716922.png
1708845613098.png
Thinking about the hat.

Last edited:
"Rachel was 5’2, 107 pounds with blonde hair and blue eyes."

[...]

On February 18, she changed her Facebook cover photo to the graphic, “risk can be dangerous, but routine can be deadly. Comfort has killed more dreams than daring ever did.”

MSN
Whereas--

MSN

Rachel Morin's killer
Now I would like to know the body measurements of Ibarra's brother .....

When I see this thread with new replies I get hopeful thinking there has been a breakthrough

Unfortunately, I don’t think Ibarra is the person responsible of murdering Rachel

The suspect was said to be around 5’9 whereas this guy is only 5’3 - I’d presume law enforcement ran all sorts of tests on the video footage to get a pretty accurate height estimate (I’m guessing it’s probably only got a margin of error of like an inch either way)

When I see this thread with new replies I get hopeful thinking there has been a breakthrough

Unfortunately, I don’t think Ibarra is the person responsible of murdering Rachel

The suspect was said to be around 5’9 whereas this guy is only 5’3 - I’d presume law enforcement ran all sorts of tests on the video footage to get a pretty accurate height estimate (I’m guessing it’s probably only got a margin of error of like an inch either way)
Yeah, that camera would have certainly allowed them to narrow it down to something that is nearly exact. It sure as hell isn’t going to be off by 6 inches.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Searching4Answers2
Back