Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023 #3

Note that updated reports on the suspect in the Laken Hope Riley case in Georgia indicate that Ibarra is 5’7”. (I believe that refers to the suspect and not his brother.) MOO A link to that thread:
Post in thread 'GA - University of Georgia Laken Hope Riley, 22, found dead near University of Georgia intramural fields, foul play suspected, 22 Feb 2024'
Found Deceased - GA - University of Georgia Laken Hope Riley, 22, found dead near University of Georgia intramural fields, foul play suspected, 22 Feb 2024

Note that updated reports on the suspect in the Laken Hope Riley case in Georgia indicate that the Ibarra is 5’7”. MOO A link to that thread:
Post in thread 'GA - University of Georgia Laken Hope Riley, 22, found dead near University of Georgia intramural fields, foul play suspected, 22 Feb 2024'
Found Deceased - GA - University of Georgia Laken Hope Riley, 22, found dead near University of Georgia intramural fields, foul play suspected, 22 Feb 2024
This caught me by surprise because we were initially given details that stated he was a lot shorter. Yesterday i let my websleuthing get the best of me and I almost convinced myself that Jose was the perp in RM’s case however I’m beginning to think that I’m reaching and overthinking. It’s just there’s so many similarities between each case. (Speculation) -> say if Jose was the perp in RM’s death, how would the processing of his DNA alert LE of this? would this take time? I would highly appreciate if someone with this kind of knowledge explained this on the thread.

I am not certain of all the DNA testing requirements (state or federal) for arrests, suspects, or convicted offenders. But it seems they may vary from state to state perhaps IMO?

It is likely that an illegal immigrant in the US from another country could explain why that individual’s DNA might not be in conventional databases for comparison? (And by extension maybe no genealogical comparisons or references either?)

Getting an accurate physical description seems obligatory. (I also wondered if someone with a fictitious driver’s license or ID might falsify their physical characteristics in an attempt to disguise or evade?) And I do wonder about possible camera or lens distortion possibilities with that image of the apparent same suspect in the CA case.

And I sure hope that the MD and CA officials are in close discussion about this case, and the incident in CA. And perhaps now too, the case in GA of the jogger slain on a running trail. MOO

FEB 20, 2024
[...]

Morin's mother spoke with WJZ's Jessica Albert about if she feels an arrest is coming.

Jessica Albert: I asked you the last time we sat down if you felt like we're getting closer to finding her killer. With all of this information out there now, do you feel like we're closer?

Patty Morin: I think in one sense we are because now we have a face. When you see that picture, the first thing that ran through my mind, and I'm sure it's run through everyone's mind, was, 'Have I seen that person?'

[...]

We now know investigators believe the suspect hid on the Ma and Pa Trail in August 2023, in Bel Air, attacked Morin and pulled her into a drainage culvert.

[...]

Detectives also shared more about the March 2023 Los Angeles home invasion connected with Morin's murder suspect.

They believe it was random, revealing several people were attacked in that home, including a child. The suspect left a hat containing his DNA behind.

[...]

Patty Morin understands why detectives kept these details close to the chest.

"I appreciate that they're preserving the integrity of the investigation so that it's a solid case when the tip comes," she said.

[...]

FEB 20, 2024
[...]

Morin's mother spoke with WJZ's Jessica Albert about if she feels an arrest is coming.

Jessica Albert: I asked you the last time we sat down if you felt like we're getting closer to finding her killer. With all of this information out there now, do you feel like we're closer?

Patty Morin: I think in one sense we are because now we have a face. When you see that picture, the first thing that ran through my mind, and I'm sure it's run through everyone's mind, was, 'Have I seen that person?'

[...]

We now know investigators believe the suspect hid on the Ma and Pa Trail in August 2023, in Bel Air, attacked Morin and pulled her into a drainage culvert.

[...]

Detectives also shared more about the March 2023 Los Angeles home invasion connected with Morin's murder suspect.

They believe it was random, revealing several people were attacked in that home, including a child. The suspect left a hat containing his DNA behind.

[...]

Patty Morin understands why detectives kept these details close to the chest.

"I appreciate that they're preserving the integrity of the investigation so that it's a solid case when the tip comes," she said.

[...]
I really think this guy isn't caught until he strikes again. He clearly gets around, and lots of people bear a resemblance to a sketch.

I really think this guy isn't caught until he strikes again. He clearly gets around, and lots of people bear a resemblance to a sketch.
I think you're right, @MassGuy. The sketch will only help if the person who knows him sees the video and the sketch, and goes to LE. That still could happen, prayers that it does. I can't bear to think he may get the chance to strike again.

Thanks, @PommyMommy. Oh, he left the hat behind, and they got the DNA from the hat. This is new to me. I know there was talk about the hat on this thread. Can anyone tell me more about the kind of hat it is and if it points to a certain sport or interest? Maybe someone who knows him will see that sketch with the hat and remember him wearing it.

I think you're right, @MassGuy. The sketch will only help if the person who knows him sees the video and the sketch, and goes to LE. That still could happen, prayers that it does. I can't bear to think he may get the chance to strike again.

Thanks, @PommyMommy. Oh, he left the hat behind, and they got the DNA from the hat. This is new to me. I know there was talk about the hat on this thread. Can anyone tell me more about the kind of hat it is and if it points to a certain sport or interest? Maybe someone who knows him will see that sketch with the hat and remember him wearing it.
The Air Jordan hat in the sketch is also significant. Gahler said Morin’s murderer left the hat at the home in LA. Police recovered DNA from the hat that would later provide a match to the DNA found at the crime scene where Morin was murdered- linking the two crimes.

1709129173306.png

This caught me by surprise because we were initially given details that stated he was a lot shorter. Yesterday i let my websleuthing get the best of me and I almost convinced myself that Jose was the perp in RM’s case however I’m beginning to think that I’m reaching and overthinking. It’s just there’s so many similarities between each case. (Speculation) -> say if Jose was the perp in RM’s death, how would the processing of his DNA alert LE of this? would this take time? I would highly appreciate if someone with this kind of knowledge explained this on the thread.
I still think 2” is probably too much of a margin of error for it to be him - I wish it was as it would mean that this monster was off our streets.

Whilst the attacks have some similarities I really don’t think they were done by the same person - Morins murderer seems to have been much more clued on and clever - he obviously knew where the blind camera spots around the area were as he managed to enter the area and exit without being seen (or he got incredibly lucky this time) - Lakens murderer was pretty much always going to get caught due to the sloppy actions he took in attempting to cover it up (he was caught on a neighbours camera putting stuff in bins) he also lived literally next to the trail he was always going to be investigated

It’s an Air Jordan hat. So, it could be that he enjoys playing basketball. Or maybe he’s a fan of the sport or of Michael Jordan. Or it could just mean that he likes the style of that particular hat.

Unfortunately, I’m not sure it tells us much as far as interests are concerned. My husband has more than one pair of Nike Air Jordan shoes, and he couldn’t care less about basketball.

Including the hat was smart, though. I think it’s more likely someone who knows him will recognize him from the sketch if it’s something that he wore often. I think sketches are a long shot, in general… but every little bit helps.

"The family chose to record the unveiling of the headstone to share this significant moment with those who could not be present and to ensure that the memory of Rachel lives on," the family's attorneys said in a statement. "They hope everyone visiting the site will find solace and a sense of connection to Rachel's vibrant spirit."

MAR 13, 2024
[...]

"We put out a lot of recommendations following Rachel's case. Break your routine. Don't be a creature of habit. Don't be on the trail … at that location at the same time every single day," Harford County Sheriff Gahler told FOX News. "Always, if you can, be with a friend. Go out when the trails or the parks are more crowded.

"I live on a section of the mine trail here in our county where Rachel was killed. The same trail. And I'll pass by younger ladies, older ladies… and they'll have their headsets in, and they won't know someone's beside them until you're beside them," Gahler added.

"Sadly, we're monitoring cases from across the country … anytime there's something tragic. And, this one, because of some of the parallels … you have a young woman out on a very safe trail … jogging, as it was in our case with Rachel Morin, mother of five who went out for a jog in a very safe area and was brutally killed," Gahler continued. "And, much like what we're hearing out of the Georgia case, our suspect is known to be Hispanic based on some of the DNA evidence that we've collected."

8 months in, and no new info; total silence in this case. I hope there is some sort of breakthrough soon that LE can work with.
Big fat nothing burger, sadly.

Such an odd case, the way they connected Rachel's murder to the California assault. The video footage of perp leaving the home of the victim. Hype from HCSO that the perp is going to kill again if not caught immediately. Then silence.

On Wednesday the family launched a commercial-ad campaign in hopes of justice being served.

"In a strategic effort to reach a broad audience, the commercial will be launched on social media platforms in Bel Air, MD, Los Angeles, CA, and border towns along the US-Mexico border," said Morin Family attorney Randolph Rice, who hopes "the commercial will reach someone who has not yet seen the sketch or doorbell camera video in the hopes of finally bringing Rachel Morin's killer to justice."

Big fat nothing burger, sadly.

Such an odd case, the way they connected Rachel's murder to the California assault. The video footage of perp leaving the home of the victim. Hype from HCSO that the perp is going to kill again if not caught immediately. Then silence.
he could have left the US when people began looking for him

Brad Hunter Apr 13, 2024 rbbm
''DNA is the cops’ magic bullet.
While diligently pursuing homicide leads through old-fashioned shoe leather, they sometimes still have to wait and hope to hit the winning number via science.''

“The violence associated with Rachel’s case shows he has absolutely no care, no regard for human life,” Harford County Sheriff Jeff Gahler told Fox News. “I believe he will continue to do it until he’s captured. He may be a serial killer.”

''Somewhere in the great abyss that is America, Morin’s killer roams the highways and byways possibly looking for his next victim.''
“We don’t know who he is yet,” Gahler said. “He could still be laying his head here in our county, or he could have fled anywhere in the country or even the world.”
The FBI and LAPD are now in the investigation’s mix with a nagging suspicion that the mystery hangs his hat in southern California.''
1713099068581.png

On Wednesday the family launched a commercial-ad campaign in hopes of justice being served.

"In a strategic effort to reach a broad audience, the commercial will be launched on social media platforms in Bel Air, MD, Los Angeles, CA, and border towns along the US-Mexico border," said Morin Family attorney Randolph Rice, who hopes "the commercial will reach someone who has not yet seen the sketch or doorbell camera video in the hopes of finally bringing Rachel Morin's killer to justice."

Hats off to her family for a very effective publicity campaign IMO. Assuming they are using money from a G.F.M, a very good use and somewhat keeps it on LE's priority. I think this will be solved.

Sidecut.jpg

Somebody should create this "Sidecut" on the perp's head perhaps. He would be looking very different, would still be trendy, but difficult to recognize, I believe. If he is still wearing the hat, then he might be rather stupid. (In addition the hat would destroy the gelled hairstyle.)

APR 16, 2024
Randolph Rice, the Morin family attorney, and Patty Morin, Rachel’s mother, joined NewsNation’s Elizabeth Vargas on Monday to discuss the latest details in the mystery. One suspicion they have is that the suspected killer has left the country.

“We know he’s a Hispanic male. We know he has the propensity to travel from California to Maryland,” Rice said during an appearance on “Elizabeth Vargas Reports.” “He may be willing to travel out of the country.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maryjane99
Back