Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023 #3

there was a lot of discussion of this- she went a local gym; posted on Facebook, had exes and a current boyfriend...it was all investigated but did not amount to a solution and the people known to her were not found to be POIs as far as we know, after much speculation.
Thank you!
Do you know if she was at the gym directly before going to the trail?

I’m thinking more along the lines that she may have been followed from a gas station, convenience store or other errand on her way to the trail.

All speculation.

Thank you!
Do you know if she was at the gym directly before going to the trail?

I’m thinking more along the lines that she may have been followed from a gas station, convenience store or other errand on her way to the trail.

All speculation.
I'm thinking more along the lines of lying in wait. If it wasn't Rachel it would have been some other female on the path. Someone following her would have had to stay pretty close and would have likely been noticed by Rachel.

Rachel just happened to be the unlucky, good looking female running by herself that came upon him waiting along the path to get his kicks.

I don't think we have heard if she was sexually assaulted. But that doesn't mean it didn't happen. LE would likely keep that to themselves so only they and the killer would know. His motive was likely sexual. Just as the LA case was said to sexual in nature. The guy is a serial rapist. But his DNA isn't in the system, yet. Genealogy DNA is likely be looked at to hopefully identify him.

JMO

Both of these issues have been addressed and discussed at length in earlier threads.
@whinewiththegravy
Thank you for your thorough explanation. I also bring it up Because mainstream news reports (like Nancy Grace just yesterday) was showing that doorbell cam on loop and no one addressed this. The comments then focus on that and then it gets forgotten. If the public were aware that this has been studied and is part of the investigation, I feel like the public would move on. (This door issue not being addressed by MMM is why I personally dropped interest in this case.)

That said, to me, this method by which he exits from the home makes little sense. He leaves almost politely, turning around to the door - if he really had been caught and needed to bolt, he sure sticks around on the porch for a LONG few seconds.

I'm thinking more along the lines of lying in wait. If it wasn't Rachel it would have been some other female on the path. Someone following her would have had to stay pretty close and would have likely been noticed by Rachel.

Rachel just happened to be the unlucky, good looking female running by herself that came upon him waiting along the path to get his kicks.

I don't think we have heard if she was sexually assaulted. But that doesn't mean it didn't happen. LE would likely keep that to themselves so only they and the killer would know. His motive was likely sexual. Just as the LA case was said to sexual in nature. The guy is a serial rapist. But his DNA isn't in the system, yet. Genealogy DNA is likely be looked at to hopefully identify him.

JMO
Good points, and I agree this is also a possibility.

If he were lying in wait, I wonder how he learned about the trail initially? Was he scouting the Harford County area while planning an attack? Looking for a possible location ahead of time?

Just curious what your thoughts are.

Good points, and I agree this is also a possibility.

If he were lying in wait, I wonder how he learned about the trail initially? Was he scouting the Harford County area while planning an attack? Looking for a possible location ahead of time?

Just curious what your thoughts are.
BBM

If he is not local to the area, which I don't think he is, I would assume he simply Google it. There are also websites that list trails.

A lot of walking trails are old abandon railroad beds. They travel through secluded area that leave people using these trails by themselves, alone in the middle of no where with the potential to being attacked unnoticed higher than if someone were walking down the sidewalk though a neighborhood of houses or other more populated areas. Very dangerous places for a female to be alone.

If he is a serial rapist, murderer, he has probably attacked others women in the same way on other trails and knows it's a good place to accomplish his goal with little possibility of being seen by others.

He attacked her, beat her to the point she couldn't fight back or scream. Then dragged her body to where no one would see him assaulting her and then left her for dead or killed her. He likely had the place he could easily accomplish this scoped out ahead of time and sat there waiting for his unsuspecting victim to come to him. It just unfortunately happened to be Rachel. When he is done he simply walks away on the trail and blends in as if he is just using the trail.

He may have left others pass by since they were not alone or not to his liking. I believe there was at least one witness that came forward and said they had seen someone on the trail around that time frame. Someone just hanging out on a trail would be suspicious IMO and that is why this person remembered seeing him.

I highly doubt he was using and moving (running or walking) along the trail when he decided to do what he did.

JMO

It's quite perplexing because Nancy Grace yesterday did another show about this case and there was insistence that the trail is local, not off the main roads, so they state that only locals would know about this hiking trail (false. It showed up as a first hit on Google maps when I searched for "hiking" in Bel Air... anyone can find it.)- saying the guy would likely be a MD local.

Mom of RM was on and she said the trail was very familiar to her, she grew up going to this trail as a kid with family. (Did we know this before?)

If it's a one way trail, do most people go back and forth from whence they came? It doesn't appear to be a loop. So one could technically be "lying in wait" by jogging back and forth a small distance waiting for someone to come jogging behind them....

1714345479633.png
April 26 '24
"I was recently reassured that the HCSO still has three detectives dedicated to the case. Being that they still feel it necessary to dedicate that many detectives shows that they still have quite a lot of information to sort through and leads to follow," McMahon said. "They are making process. Faye and I have complete faith in their work and believe they will identify and apprehend the suspect."
Apr 10, 2024 #203 #CommunitySupport #200
Rice, Murtha, Psoras, in conjunction with the family of Rachel Morin, has released this poignant 30-second commercial featuring Patty Morin, mother of the late Rachel Morin. The commercial serves as both a tribute to Rachel's memory and a heartfelt plea for justice.

I only wish the sketch were on screen for more than just 3 seconds on that commercial!!!!! Whose idea was this? The mom and the guy in the fleece take up most of the screen time! Egads.

Isn't the whole point to recognize the guy in the composite? And this is going to air on traditional "television"!

JMO
I have seen or read somewhere that Rachel was raped and beaten to death that day. I'll try to find the link.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed for personalizing>
I'm saying this perp is behaving strangely... casually walking away from a home where he just committed attacks. It's super disturbing, how HE is behaving in the video.

The home invasion made little or no news in LA when it occurred (possibly because it's a huge city,) so the connection with this MD case seems to be what brought this home invasion to people's attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen or read somewhere that Rachel was raped and beaten to death that day. I'll try to find the link.

Do you have a link to a direct quote from LE saying Rachel had been raped??? Or if I missed it in that article please copy and paste it here.

Unless I see a statement from LE I don't consider it fact... I did read in that article that LE was tight lipped about the crime. "Cops have been tight-lipped on the specifics of Morin’s murder, including the nature of her injuries."

Do you have a link to a direct quote from LE saying Rachel had been raped??? Or if I missed it in that article please copy and paste it here.

Unless I see a statement from LE I don't consider it fact... I did read in that article that LE was tight lipped about the crime. "Cops have been tight-lipped on the specifics of Morin’s murder, including the nature of her injuries."
One white-hot case vexing homicide detectives is the murder of Maryland mother-of-five Rachel Morin, 37, who was found nude, raped and battered beyond recognition along a jogging trail on Aug. 6, 2023.

2023 rbbm
1714353922397.png

''The doorbell footage, which is posted on the Harford County Sheriff's social media accounts, shows a man wearing pants but no shirt (he appears to be carrying a piece of clothing) leaving through the front door of the house. From their analysis of the video and witness observations, Davis said, they were looking for a male of Hispanic descent in his early-to-mid-20s, height approximately 5-foot-9 and weighing about 160 pounds.
"We know nothing about him," Davis said, "other than he was in L.A. and committed that crime in March, and was here in August, and we believe him to be the murderer of Rachel Morin."

One white-hot case vexing homicide detectives is the murder of Maryland mother-of-five Rachel Morin, 37, who was found nude, raped and battered beyond recognition along a jogging trail on Aug. 6, 2023. CRIME HUNTER: No answers in Rachel Morin sex slaying despite DNA
<modsnip - quoted post was edited>

Also not specific to this post, but another poster mentioned that the perp was prob hanging around the trail looking for “sex”.
Imo rape is never about “sex” it’s about
control, power, violence, degradation and intimidation etc. It’s an angry violent crime.
This perp appears to have a lot of rage.
Just Imo

Attachments

• 1714354025031.png
    1714354025031.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 5
2023 rbbm
View attachment 500107

''The doorbell footage, which is posted on the Harford County Sheriff's social media accounts, shows a man wearing pants but no shirt (he appears to be carrying a piece of clothing) leaving through the front door of the house. From their analysis of the video and witness observations, Davis said, they were looking for a male of Hispanic descent in his early-to-mid-20s, height approximately 5-foot-9 and weighing about 160 pounds.
"We know nothing about him," Davis said, "other than he was in L.A. and committed that crime in March, and was here in August, and we believe him to be the murderer of Rachel Morin."
From this article posted by @dotr
“No specific cause of death or further details about the crime scene have been released, but Gahler has referred to what happened to Morin as a "violent homicide."
Imo

<modsnip - quoted post was removed> From the posted article from the “Toronto Sun” ( appears to not be related to Murdoch’s Sun but rather owned by a Canadian enterprise Post Media)
“Cops have been tight-lipped on the specifics of Morin’s murder, including the nature of her injuries.”
I don’t doubt that the entire episode was heinous but I am not sure how much credence I give to that one quote in your post. It seems calculated to get attention and then the rest of the article pretty much echoes the details in MSM that we have all seen.
Even the daily mail just has been indicating “ naked and beaten”. And we all know if there is a publication that would go with more salacious details if they were out there, in would be the DM.
Just my 2 cents

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

One white-hot case vexing homicide detectives is the murder of Maryland mother-of-five Rachel Morin, 37, who was found nude, raped and battered beyond recognition along a jogging trail on Aug. 6, 2023.

That was not a quote from any agency that is investigating Rachel's case. I think it is the opinion of the writer. There is no quote from where the author got his information saying Rachel had been raped. No quote in that article from LE states she was raped.

The father of Rachel’s oldest child, Matt McMahon, believes keeping Rachel’s story alive in the minds of the Harford County community is crucial.

This week, he began distributing new flyers describing the suspect in detail in the neighborhoods within a half mile of the Ma & Pa trail. The Morin family previously released thousands of flyers throughout the community, but these flyers have updated information, including, new police renderings of the suspect wearing a red, flat-brim hat that he was allegedly wearing when the murder took place. This time around, McMahon is also going door to door to talk with residents, instead of simply dropping the flyer off. The goal is to renew interest in the case and hopefully spark new leads.

McMahon says the Sheriff’s Department is also staying engaged, saying they have three detectives who continue to work on this case daily.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazy_visitor
Back