MI - Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, 24 May 2009 - scooter abandoned - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously don't understand why a mother would knowingly expose her children to a sex offender..let alone date one. Most parents try to keep their children AWAY from people like that....

ITA!!

Do we know if the BF was there when she went missing?

Great, here we go again..child missing, mom knowingly dating/befriending sex offender...haven't heard this one before :banghead:

I seriously don't understand why a mother would knowingly expose her children to a sex offender..let alone date one. Most parents try to keep their children AWAY from people like that....

Most do, but then there are those selfish ones that put their desires above their children's safety. They need their heads examined...

Amber Alert Issued for Michigan Girl, 5, Authorities Say

Monday , May 25, 2009

MONROE, Mich. —An Amber Alert has been issued for a missing 5-year-old girl last seen in Monroe.
The Monroe County sheriff's department is searching for Neviaeh Amyah Buchanan, who has been missing since 8:15 p.m. Sunday.

Neviaeh is 3-foot-8, weighs 45 pounds and has brown hair and brown eyes.

Authorities found her bicycle in the parking lot of an apartment and believe she is in extreme danger.

She last was seen wearing a red, white and blue striped shirt and knee-length jeans.

Photo at link
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews

there is a similar thread in the support page of missing.... maybe a mod could combine them?

there is a similar thread in the support page of missing.... maybe a mod could combine them?

I think it's ok to have 2 threads. One is for support and information and the one here can be used for discussion. There is no discussion on the other thread.

Most do, but then there are those selfish ones that put their desires above their children's safety. They need their heads examined...

They don't need their kids, that's for danm sure!

From Neviaeh's address to David's

1166 N. Macomb Street, Monroe, MI
to
15390 S Dixie Rd #17, Monroe, MI

2.7 mi – about 7 mins

a commenter on http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/19556544/detail.html commented that she read the subject being questioned confessed and they are searching the quarry. I pray this baby is still alive and if they are searching a quarry it's a normal area they would search.

Just read on the clickondetroit.com site that another person is being questioned regarding this case - this persons identity has not been released as of yet.

There are UNCONFIRMED, conflicting reports in the comments on the clickondetroit.com article that she has been found dead in the quarry. I pray they are wrong.

Please note this is UNCONFIRMED and UNSUBSTANTIATED.

Neviaeh_Amyah_Buchanan_400_20090525092129_320_240.JPG

Missing From: Monroe, MI Missing Date: Issued for: Michigan: Statewide Contact: If you have information, please contact Monroe County Sheriff's Office, 734-243-7070 Circumstances:

The Monroe County Sheriffs Office is investigating an incident of an endangered missing child. Bike found in parking lot of apartment. The child was last seen at 8:15 p.m. on 5/24/2009 and is believed to be in extreme danger. If you have any information on the alleged victim, abductor or vehicle, IMMEDIATELY telephone 911 or Monroe County Sheriff's Office at 734-243-7070.
[SIZE=+1]

Missing Child
[/SIZE] Name: Neviaeh Amyah Buchanan Alias: Hair Color: Brown Eye Color: Brown Skin Color: White Age: 5 Height: 3FT8 Weight: 45LBS Gender: Female
Description: Last seen wearing a red, white and blue striped shirt, knee length blue jeans.

ETA: Date of Birth: February 3, 2004

Thanks,
Soulscape

On the local news they just said they are checking a motel room and the quarry (Motel is just a stone throw from quarry). I took it they were going back and forth from the motel room to the quarry. This is not sounding good. Why do they keep letting sex offenders out on the street to hurt again. :furious:

Prayers this baby makes it home alive!

Salem

You know, I feel much the same way. In this case, it's so ironic that the child's name is "heaven" spelled backwards. Praying that's a good sign that she is okay. :blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500