MI MI - Patricia Spencer, 16, & Pamela Hobley, 15, Oscoda, 31 Oct 1969

1414777793067_Image_galleryImage_Pamela_Hobley_and_Patrici.JPG
1414778622346_Image_galleryImage_Pamela_Hobley_and_Patrici.JPG

Pamela Hobley,

1414777794247_wps_18_Pamela_Hobley_and_Patrici.jpg
1414778623530_wps_22_Pamela_Hobley_and_Patrici.jpg

Patricia Spencer

LINK:

Patricia Spencer and Pamela Hobley vanished on their way to a Halloween party 45 years ago | Daily Mail Online

They play without makeup in horror movies, it looks amazing :)

52 Years missing...

Patricia Spencer

Picture of Spencer and age progression (right) to indicate her appearance at age 59
Born
Patricia Ann Spencer
January 10, 1953
Disappeared October 31, 1969 (aged 16)
Oscoda, Iosco County, Michigan, U.S.
Status Missing for 52 years
Height 5 ft 4 in (1.63 m)
-------------------------------------------

Pamela Hobley

Picture of Hobley and age progression (right) to indicate her appearance at age 57.
Born
Pamela Sue Hobley
May 24, 1954
Disappeared October 31, 1969 (aged 15)
Oscoda, Iosco County, Michigan, U.S.
Status Missing for 52 years
Height 5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)
-------------------------------------

LINK:

Disappearance of Patricia Spencer and Pamela Hobley - Wikipedia

It's been 52 years, but the Oscoda police won't release any information to the public. I wonder whom they're protecting.
i have lived in Os
It's been 52 years, but the Oscoda police won't release any information to the public. I wonder whom they're protecting.

Have you called the Oscoda police? Do you live there? I’ve lived there, but i moved. I could call and see what they say now. I asked a PI and she said that the police are most likely hiding something too. i feel like the only way it’ll be solved is if someone talks

i have lived in Os

Have you called the Oscoda police? Do you live there? I’ve lived there, but i moved. I could call and see what they say now. I asked a PI and she said that the police are most likely hiding something too. i feel like the only way it’ll be solved is if someone talks
I don't live there, but their tight-lippedness on a 52-year-old case is alarming. In a small town, it usually means that someone with connections is being protected—either somebody wealthy or somebody connected to LE.

i have lived in Os

Have any podcasts covered the disappearance of these girls? Sometimes outside pressure and publicity can help.

I remember doing an analysis a couple of years ago on this case using Google Maps. It did make me think this was someone local or at least familiar with the area, the community. I'll have to go back and look again.

Have any podcasts covered the disappearance of these girls? Sometimes outside pressure and publicity can help.

I remember doing an analysis a couple of years ago on this case using Google Maps. It did make me think this was someone local or at least familiar with the area, the community. I'll have to go back and look again.
Quite a few YouTubers have covered it, but I haven't seen it covered by any of the major podcasts.

I don't think a podcast would have an impact on the local PD; I don't see anything happening without an outside agency getting involved.

Here's an image I transformed (from the original color low resolution image) for Pamela Hobley, hopefully showing what she might have looked like in happier times while smiling and with some facial detail enhanced. I'm working on a similar image for Patricia Spencer. Praying they both be found, someday.
20220203_094553_0000.png

back again. i’m not sure if i said on this thread or not but in 2017, there was a jawbone fragment found on an oscoda beach (NamUs #UP57344). there are no rule outs, but you’d think they would’ve already tested to see if it’s pam or patricia.

as a child, ive visited the beach where this fragment was found many times, i could’ve walked over it a lot

you can find the contacts on NamUs for them to compare DNA, i’m just not comfortable with calling.

back again. i’m not sure if i said on this thread or not but in 2017, there was a jawbone fragment found on an oscoda beach (NamUs #UP57344). there are no rule outs, but you’d think they would’ve already tested to see if it’s pam or patricia.

as a child, ive visited the beach where this fragment was found many times, i could’ve walked over it a lot

you can find the contacts on NamUs for them to compare DNA, i’m just not comfortable with calling.
NamUs link.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

i’m also VERY convinced right now that NamUs #UP4456 is Patricia. For starters, the tattoo that says Patty. Also, the Charley project mentioned that she had a scar on one of her legs, NamUs #UP4456 also had a scar on her leg. the eyes, age, & hair match up also. just not the height. patricia would’ve been 22 in 1975.

Wurtsmith Air Force Base was located just northwest of the Oscoda, Michigan from 1923 to 1993. While the disappearance of Patricia Spencer and Pamela Hobley was a case in the jurisdiction of civilian law enforcement, it is a possibility that there might have been a connection with the military base.

The population of Oscoda was about 1,000 persons, while the nearby base had a population of three times that. It was not in the jurisdiction or normal practice of military police to investigate or become involved in civilian missing persons cases - unless specifically requested and cleared to do so. But perhaps a review of rosters for units assigned to that base in 1969 and a cross check of criminal records might produce some potential suspects.

The possibility of these two girls simply running away to seek their fortunes and intentionally disappearing forever is very remote. The possibility of foul play is much more likely.

LINK:

Wurtsmith Air Force Base - Wikipedia

Wurtsmith Air Force Base was located just northwest of the Oscoda, Michigan from 1923 to 1993. While the disappearance of Patricia Spencer and Pamela Hobley was a case in the jurisdiction of civilian law enforcement, it is a possibility that there might have been a connection with the military base.

The population of Oscoda was about 1,000 persons, while the nearby base had a population of three times that. It was not in the jurisdiction or normal practice of military police to investigate or become involved in civilian missing persons cases - unless specifically requested and cleared to do so. But perhaps a review of rosters for units assigned to that base in 1969 and a cross check of criminal records might produce some potential suspects.

The possibility of these two girls simply running away to seek their fortunes and intentionally disappearing forever is very remote. The possibility of foul play is much more likely.

LINK:

Wurtsmith Air Force Base - Wikipedia

Interesting. The base is now decommissioned, but was part of SAC - Strategic Air Command.

They have been missing in Michigan the longest: 12 people last seen before 1970

1652976426248.png

Pamela Sue Hobley was last seen on Oct. 31, 1969, in Oscoda.

She was 15 years old. Hobley had a 3/4-length white fur coat with brown fur trim, long sleeve blouse with ruffled cuffs, white cotton knee socks and a brown and white plaid skirt. She had chunky-style shoes with a thick heel.

She has a scar on the left side of her mouth and a scar across the bridge of her nose.

Hobley and Patricia Spencer (below) went missing on the day of the homecoming football game. They were not considered friends, but it is believed that they might have skipped school together that afternoon. They did not have a purse or ID with them.

They have not been seen or heard from since.

Foul play is suspected.

Pamela Sue HobleyDetails
Missing Age15
Current Age67
Height5′6′'
Weight100 lbs
HairBrown
EyesBrown
Anyone with information should contact the Oscoda Township Police Department at 989-739-9113.

1652976452078.png
Patricia Spencer was last seen on Oct. 31, 1969, in Oscoda.

She was 16 years old. She wore glasses but did not have them with her when she went missing. She was wearing a tweed or brown plaid skirt, brown sweater, and a green plaid jacket. She was wearing brown shoes with a thick heel.

Spencer and Hobley went missing on the day of the homecoming football game. They were not considered friends, but it is believed that they might have skipped school together that afternoon. They did not have a purse or ID with them.

They have not been seen or heard from since. Foul play is suspected.

Patricia SpencerDetails
Age Missing16
Age Now69
Height5′3′'
Weight120 lbs
HairBrown
EyesBlue
Anyone with information should contact the Oscoda Township Police Department at 989-739-9113.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CumulativeHazard
Back