Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting! With Brian Joy backing out at the last minute, what if Stacy wanted someone to come to his house and he didn’t feel comfortable with it either? What if he got a sketchy vibe from whoever Stacy was with. Moo if Stacy was wanting to hangout with someone. Although the evening APOC sighting has been debunked, what about the earlier sighting? Where the attendant stated he saw Stacy with a man who bought cigarettes and drove a brown car. The paper boy also stated seeing a green van and a brown car near Delmar. Perhaps this sighting was true. It could explain why Kathy Kirby got defense, because Janis would have known Stacy wasn’t sure where she was supposed to be. Again, just speculation.
Of those people who knew the 3 women, I wonder which ones had access to a brown car?

Suzie and Stacy got a ride back t0 Brian Joy's house from Shane Appleby (NL June 19). What do we know about him? Was there anyone else in the car (Jeep)?

I know the Levitt A-mart sighting was debunked (I never believed it), but I'm not sure about the girls sighting. It could have happened around the time the girls were going to the Elder party (they're a mile apart).

How did the girls get to the Elder party? I have not seen that.
Good question. I've never seen anyone mention transportation to the Elder party. Why didn't they just take one of the girl's cars?

Here is another strange note:
Dennis Rader ...Wichita serial killer wrote a letter to a television station with a symbol that looks like a shield...In the top quadrant is the letter C....In the bottom..L ...the left middle is another C and right middle "tre" with a missing letter...3? It could be Cheryl with a C and Levitt as L...then see C...3.
He mentions "Cave Land"....Ozarks?
I realize this is way out there..but he was in Springfield that month visiting a cousin.
He has a history of subduing multiple people in one house.
He's one person that I never would have suspected. He was certainly capable and in their city at the right point in time. Did he hide any of his other known victims?

Good question. I've never seen anyone mention transportation to the Elder party. Why didn't they just take one of the girl's cars?

Suzie and Stacy left their cars at Janelle's house and they, Janelle, and Mike Henson walked to Brian Joy's. So it would seem someone offered to give them a ride from Joy's to Elder's house. I've never seen where it says who...

He's one person that I never would have suspected. He was certainly capable and in their city at the right point in time. Did he hide any of his other known victims?

He hid one in a ditch...but for the most part wanted the attention. Having people search for 28 years is a form of attention/control.

Here is the problem according to family blogspot page. All of the suspects whether related as friends or not..seem to have the same records of kidnap....or murder...violence ..except maybe the graverobbers. This..in itself points to them...but cannot eliminate or indict them. And the multiple theories just confuse the investigation.
Cox was convicted for murder in Florida..but the Florida Supreme Court reversed the verdict and freed him.

Here is the problem according to family blogspot page. All of the suspects whether related as friends or not..seem to have the same records of kidnap....or murder...violence ..except maybe the graverobbers. This..in itself points to them...but cannot eliminate or indict them. And the multiple theories just confuse the investigation.
Cox was convicted for murder in Florida..but the Florida Supreme Court reversed the verdict and freed him.

I would like to suggest it was someone at the Hanover party. He/they could simply have followed them home. If not it must have been someone who was trusted. It could have been a cop. It would have been someone who was trusted; that is the one constant. The number of such people had to be necessarily very small.

It might have been someone who was in the house before the girls arrived, since they were not expected that night.

I have watched the People Magazine program numerous times. I found the “teenish” comment very interesting. I would want to know who that was.

Last edited:
I would like to suggest it was someone at the Hanover party. He/they could simply have followed them home. If not it must have been someone who was trusted. It could have been a cop. It would have been someone who was trusted.
This assumes...and may well be...that the people around them could not be trusted. After reading rap sheets this is definitely true of some acquaintances. A cop as serial killer in Springfield..Missouri seems difficult to believe..yet possible. Maybe the perp broke out porch light to both draw someone to the door and give himself cover. Taking one..he could threaten others.
This is not my own theory..but possible.

He hid one in a ditch...but for the most part wanted the attention. Having people search for 28 years is a form of attention/control.
That's only if he had anything to do with the missing women. The theory is interesting.

That's only if he had anything to do with the missing women. The theory is interesting.
Suzie and Stacy left their cars at Janelle's house and they, Janelle, and Mike Henson walked to Brian Joy's. So it would seem someone offered to give them a ride from Joy's to Elder's house. I've never seen where it says who...
If the Joy house was that close to the Kirby house, I still wonder why they didn't get one of their cars and drive to the Elder house. Did they want a non drinker to drive them? If so, could that non drinker be the person with the brown car?

If the Joy house was that close to the Kirby house, I still wonder why they didn't get one of their cars and drive to the Elder house. Did they want a non drinker to drive them? If so, could that non drinker be the person with the brown car?

It is interesting that the N-L (June 19, 1992) reports that Shane Appleby drove the girls from the Elder party back to the Joy party and then to Janelle's house, but not a word about how they got from the Joy party to the Elder party.

Very quickly,

1) The APCO A-Mart is on the way to the Elder house from Joy's place (and back).

2) Janelle said (about the girls being seen at the market) that they were all together the whole night. Yet the N-L quoted above says that Janelle (and others) rode in other cars back to Joy's house.

Could the police have told Janelle not to mention certain aspects of the parties that night, the traveling from Joy's to Elder's being one of them?

Could Janelle be covering for Suzie and/or Stacy to protect them?

now according to steve garrisons testmony , , the girls were killed along the creek , on the party 40 , ....and in words of the police he supplied info already known to police , that led to the search of pierson creek either before or after steve garrison , because the cops knew the account but not the location ,, now never forget our confessed involved ricky dykes , but we will get back to him GERALD CARNAHAN is the wildcard , he was witnessed to talk and drool spittal from his mouth when bragging about , doing suzy on the 3rd night at the party 40 , he was raping suzy she got away and ran and was caught by the big giant 7 and half feet tall , and returned by dragging her by the hair , carnahan was enraged and cut on suzy , this was all known to the police but the location , and has been kept silent only grand jury members and later those who heard carnahan brag know how deep the rabbit hole is , so let me be clear , green van -ricky dykes , employed by gerald carnahan , see case ,net place of employment papers served , and served with steve garrison in leavenworth , and the pawn shopowner paid for his wife judys funeral when she died , remember when the boys pawned the gold teeth and suzy was to testify , also the search for the 2 brothers drving the green van around northview that worked concrete , -ricky and other brother danny dykes of bois d arc mo. shall we continue
So, what's the name of this 7.5ft tall guy? Someone that tall is going to be rather distinctive.

What I want to know is where are the swimsuits? If they were planning a trip to a water park the next morning..Stacy should have had a suit at least. Could someone have taken them from a party and returned cars to house? That would explain the odd way purses were lined up on floor...placement.

What I want to know is where are the swimsuits? If they were planning a trip to a water park the next morning..Stacy should have had a suit at least. Could someone have taken them from a party and returned cars to house? That would explain the odd way purses were lined up on floor...placement.
According to this Stacy’s swimsuit was at Delmar.
https://www.newspapers.com/image/141507897/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member