Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I want to know is where are the swimsuits? If they were planning a trip to a water park the next morning..Stacy should have had a suit at least. Could someone have taken them from a party and returned cars to house? That would explain the odd way purses were lined up on floor...placement.

It's not the simsuits. The question is did or did not Stacy have an overnight bag?
If she was really planning to go to Branson with Janelle and Suzie (anyone else?) the night of June 6, 1992, why would she not have one? Suzie did. Can Mrs. McCall verify if Stacy had one or not?

If she had one and it was not in her car or at the Levitt house, where is it?

Or did she have other plans?

It's not the simsuits. The question is did or did not Stacy have an overnight bag?
If she was really planning to go to Branson with Janelle and Suzie (anyone else?) the night of June 6, 1992, why would she not have one? Suzie did. Can Mrs. McCall verify if Stacy had one or not?

If she had one and it was not in her car or at the Levitt house, where is it?

Or did she have other plans?
It’s easy to assume (I did) Stacy had an overnight bag since her shorts, jewelry, and according to Stuart McCall, her swimsuit were at Delmar but I don’t recall reading/hearing that she did. The article at the link I posted said Stacy’s purse was on top of Suzie’s overnight bag when everyone showed up at Delmar.

Was Stacy's purse large enough to hold everything she would have taken to Branson?

Maybe she traveled light...
I can’t find the picture someone posted of their purses but I don’t think any were big enough for a towel and a change of clothes-items most people would take for a day on the water.

I can’t find the picture someone posted of their purses but I don’t think any were big enough for a towel and a change of clothes-items most people would take for a day on the water.

I only recall the LE (and her mother's) descriptions in the news media of her clothes being "neatly folded" on the bed, with her jewelry tucked in the pocket of her shorts. It's part of the narrative always given to the news media or in interviews for documentaries, but there's never much additional detail about an overnight bag and only a little mention of her swimsuit.

It's kind of a script at this point. There may have been an overnight bag, but for some reason its never mentioned.

I only recall the LE (and her mother's) descriptions in the news media of her clothes being "neatly folded" on the bed, with her jewelry tucked in the pocket of her shorts. It's part of the narrative always given to the news media or in interviews for documentaries, but there's never much additional detail about an overnight bag and only a little mention of her swimsuit.

It's kind of a script at this point. There may have been an overnight bag, but for some reason its never mentioned.

True. All I could find is that Janis said that Stacy´s shorts were "neatly folded" (she always uses this expression. I wonder if she is trying to imply something else by saying this). Stacy´s shorts, her bra and her jewelry were also found on the floor. Never read there was a bag or a swimsuit. I agree that, at this point, this sounds like a script. There must be additional information that police don´t want to disclose.

Riddle me this... if the plan was to stay the night in Branson and hit whitewater the next day, why was suzie trying to get someone to stay the night earlier in the day? Was she not invited or did mom said no to overnight plan?

Riddle me this... if the plan was to stay the night in Branson and hit whitewater the next day, why was suzie trying to get someone to stay the night earlier in the day? Was she not invited or did mom said no to overnight plan?
There's no proof that Suzie was trying to get someone to stay the night with her.

Janis McCall said that in the video I posted a few days ago.

It confused me, too. She said Suzie was upset at Commencement and wanted to go home and stay at her house, yet she went out to parties and the News-Leader reports several people (Nigel, Janelle, Michelle Elder, Shane Appleby) all said the girls (Stacy and Suzie) were very happy.

If Mrs. McCall knew Suzie was upset about something, why didn't she ask her or Sherill? Or ask Stacy, "Why is Suzie upset? It's Graduation!" or something.

If this case is still not resolved two years from now, I hope someone does a 30 year special lookback presentation with interviews of as many of the major people as they can with the perspective of time; really research why this remains unsolved...

There's a slightly out of focus photo of the purses at the 'Images only NO DISCUSSION thread.

A white one, a black one, and a red one on top of a large green bag. If Stacy's was the red one, it didn't hold much as it is quite small - compared to the other two.
Couldn't use that as an 'overnight' bag...

Janis McCall said that in the video I posted a few days ago.

It confused me, too. She said Suzie was upset at Commencement and wanted to go home and stay at her house, yet she went out to parties and the News-Leader reports several people (Nigel, Janelle, Michelle Elder, Shane Appleby) all said the girls (Stacy and Suzie) were very happy.

If Mrs. McCall knew Suzie was upset about something, why didn't she ask her or Sherill? Or ask Stacy, "Why is Suzie upset? It's Graduation!" or something.

If this case is still not resolved two years from now, I hope someone does a 30 year special lookback presentation with interviews of as many of the major people as they can with the perspective of time; really research why this remains unsolved...
I think Janis was told by Janelle that Suzie was upset at Commencement and wanted to go home. IMO

I think Janis was told by Janelle that Suzie was upset at Commencement and wanted to go home. IMO

Interesting. Mrs. McCall did not mention Janelle in the Vimeo I posted.
Do you have a source for that? Hard information is so hard to come by in this case...
:confused:

No it's just my opinion. :)

Makes sense as Janis seems closer to Janelle and her parents than to Suzie (she called Janelle's house first). I wonder why? Stacy and Suzie were close when they were younger, sleepovers and such, but grew apart as the years went by.

I understand that. I saw that happen to my daughter and her BFF in grade school. Now they never talk or see each other. It happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarrickuk