MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no way he could be put on leave w/o pay. There is a teacher's union there. I agree that he could be assigned a non-teaching job. What would a band non-teacher do - good question if I say so myself.

He will be put on leave without pay if he is named a suspect.

As far as the POI part, they will give him some kind of made up job.

They will be forced to provide him some kind of work.

As a teacher and with his seniority, he is entitled to a job. A job.

Not his dream job or the job of his choice. A job.

And yes, I am a teacher with very high seniority . I know how these things work with lay offs, etc.

As an aside, more cover ups courtesy of the abbey are being uncovered. Please see www.behindthepinecurtain.com or www.findjoshua.com for more information. I still think Jacob, Joshua and Jared are all connected. Myself and others have been trying to connect the dots for the past seven years as to how. I've always believed the abbey was in the mix -- was there a secret group of deviants working there, who are now slowly being outed. The big challenge is connecting them -- which is nearly impossible to do since not a one has ever told the truth.

Has DR been a POI since the beginning? Or has he just recently been named a POI?

As an aside, more cover ups courtesy of the abbey are being uncovered. Please see www.behindthepinecurtain.com or www.findjoshua.com for more information. I still think Jacob, Joshua and Jared are all connected. Myself and others have been trying to connect the dots for the past seven years as to how. I've always believed the abbey was in the mix -- was there a secret group of deviants working there, who are now slowly being outed. The big challenge is connecting them -- which is nearly impossible to do since not a one has ever told the truth.

WHAT WILL IT TAKE!!!!! Yes, I am shouting!

There needs to be a special prosecutor for this or what?????

He will be put on leave without pay if he is named a suspect.

As far as the POI part, they will give him some kind of made up job.

They will be forced to provide him some kind of work.

As a teacher and with his seniority, he is entitled to a job. A job.

Not his dream job or the job of his choice. A job.

And yes, I am a teacher with very high seniority . I know how these things work with lay offs, etc.

A teacher here, too.

Obviously, DR will be put on leave if he's a suspect, but he's not a suspect. Hence, he's entitled to employment.

Has DR been a POI since the beginning? Or has he just recently been named a POI?

According to his family and various news reports, he has been suspected all along, but his name was just made known to the general public in July when they started digging at his farm. In old reports you just see him referred to as "the neighbor who went back to sleep."

A teacher here, too.

Obviously, DR will be put on leave if he's a suspect, but he's not a suspect. Hence, he's entitled to employment.

But as a POI, he is entitled to employment unless the laws of Minn do not allow it and I do not know and too lazy to google.

And if he is allowed to work by the laws of the state of MN, he will not be working with children. I don't know for positive, but the school district would not put themselves in that liability. That would be extremely foolish and DR would be foolish to work with children being named a POI.

I've been searching the term POI, and there are many viewpoints out there - mostly negative on its use. See one of the many articles below:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/17/yale.person.of.interest/index.html

The term originate after the Richard Jewell Atlanta bombing fiasco in which he was named a suspect, eventually sued and won millions.

Less than half those who were POI were actually arrested for a crime. According to what I've read, it's not a legal term, and the public confuses it with the term "suspect." Most LE cannot give a definition other than person of interest.

So, where does this leave us?

That is the big question. Waiting patiently for tests to be run on items is difficult.

VERY hard....but like I said previously, i'm willing to wait as patiently as I can if it means ANSWERS for the Wetterlings!! And justice for Jacob.

I've been searching the term POI, and there are many viewpoints out there - mostly negative on its use. See one of the many articles below:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/17/yale.person.of.interest/index.html

The term originate after the Richard Jewell Atlanta bombing fiasco in which he was named a suspect, eventually sued and won millions.

Less than half those who were POI were actually arrested for a crime. According to what I've read, it's not a legal term, and the public confuses it with the term "suspect." Most LE cannot give a definition other than person of interest.

So, where does this leave us?

It means that LE is waiting for the evidence.

Trino, thanks for the info re: POI.

I think now we're just left knowing apparently LE new to the case took a look at the case from the beginning. Something has led them to believe DR was someone to investigate. They must have had some probable cause (? not sure of criteria) to get those search warrents. The best I can hope for is that the Wetterlings may finally have some answers. I don't think they'll ever have "closure" regardless of the outcome.

Trino, thanks for the info re: POI.

I think now we're just left knowing apparently LE new to the case took a look at the case from the beginning. Something has led them to believe DR was someone to investigate. They must have had some probable cause (? not sure of criteria) to get those search warrents. The best I can hope for is that the Wetterlings may finally have some answers. I don't think they'll ever have "closure" regardless of the outcome.

Well I think someone on here mentioned it could have had something to do with those 2 buildings on the property getting torn down recently. I suppose that is possible? I dunno. That to me seems suspicious but I dont know in what way. What could those buildings mean? And is that where they searched and dug? I don't think theres been a clear answer on that yet...

Well I think someone on here mentioned it could have had something to do with those 2 buildings on the property getting torn down recently. I suppose that is possible? I dunno. That to me seems suspicious but I dont know in what way. What could those buildings mean? And is that where they searched and dug? I don't think theres been a clear answer on that yet...

The 2 buildings on the property actually burned down, no reason was ever given as to how they caught on fire.

Here's a pic of the buildings circled in red before they burned down:

oh ya i know...i'm just wondering what new info. they could have to now name him as a POI.....

Not sure if they have anything specific to name his a POI officially, however its a likely bet they do... they named him within a day or so of starting the big search in July 2010... so its likely they already found something of interest there.

Now if they proove it wasn't him... will they appologize I wonder??

Not sure if they have anything specific to name his a POI officially, however its a likely bet they do... they named him within a day or so of starting the big search in July 2010... so its likely they already found something of interest there.

Now if they proove it wasn't him... will they appologize I wonder??

A POI is not a suspect. "POI" is not a legal term. Naming someone a POI means LE does not have enough evidence to name him a suspect.

While I don't want to go off the subject, here's what happened re: apology to Richard Jewell. Reno, the White House, and FBI were sorry for the leaks.

However, he did receive $$$. (Give me the money anytime.)

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/1997/08/01/1997-08-01_jewell_gets_half_apology.html

Not that the Wetterlings would do this, but if DR is proved to be the culprit, I wonder if the Wetterlings could sue and get a judgment vs the police for not investigating the Rassier property.

I have a question about a building out behind the DR farm on these older maps from the area. If you go here to that 411 site
http://www.411.com/find_neighbors
and paste in the Rassier address (29748 - 91st Ave. St. Joseph, MN) the list of neighbors living there (possibly 5-10 years ago) comes up on 3 pages. If you click on any of the Rassier names (Tony R. had the same address as the rest of the family on here although he lives in that newer gray home in front of the woods near their house) there is a map shown below the name and address. Click on the star on that map to enlarge the map. Scroll down to that larger map, and click on "Bird's eye" view which brings up the landscape. You can zoom in and out and if you move the map around a bit, you can see a couple of interesting things. (The map takes a couple seconds to refresh as you move.)
One darker spot looks like a burn or dump spot in the woods between the two Rassier homes, and back behind the DR farm, on 20th Ave. SE there are a couple businesses/buildings with parking lots. I'm not sure if these were there 20 years ago, although the burned down buildings on DR's farm are still there on this map, so the maps must be older.
But there is one building that looks like it has army camo type trucks around it - does anyone know what that is? And if it was there 20 years ago? It just caught my attention because I remember one of the abductor drawings having had camo on. I could drive out there and check, but it's probably more built up out there now, and I thought maybe someone closer to St. Joe might know if any businesses besides Tom Thumb were there back then. I do know the Del Win Ballroom used to be out there somewhere - maybe that was it? There also seem to be a lot of small water areas back in there, although I'm sure they searched all those thoroughly at the time.

I have a question about a building out behind the DR farm on these older maps from the area. If you go here to that 411 site
http://www.411.com/find_neighbors
and paste in the Rassier address (29748 - 91st Ave. St. Joseph, MN) the list of neighbors living there (possibly 5-10 years ago) comes up on 3 pages. If you click on any of the Rassier names (Tony R. had the same address as the rest of the family on here although he lives in that newer gray home in front of the woods near their house) there is a map shown below the name and address. Click on the star on that map to enlarge the map. Scroll down to that larger map, and click on "Bird's eye" view which brings up the landscape. You can zoom in and out and if you move the map around a bit, you can see a couple of interesting things. (The map takes a couple seconds to refresh as you move.)
One darker spot looks like a burn or dump spot in the woods between the two Rassier homes, and back behind the DR farm, on 20th Ave. SE there are a couple businesses/buildings with parking lots. I'm not sure if these were there 20 years ago, although the burned down buildings on DR's farm are still there on this map, so the maps must be older.
But there is one building that looks like it has army camo type trucks around it - does anyone know what that is? And if it was there 20 years ago? It just caught my attention because I remember one of the abductor drawings having had camo on. I could drive out there and check, but it's probably more built up out there now, and I thought maybe someone closer to St. Joe might know if any businesses besides Tom Thumb were there back then. I do know the Del Win Ballroom used to be out there somewhere - maybe that was it? There also seem to be a lot of small water areas back in there, although I'm sure they searched all those thoroughly at the time.

Del Win
195 88th Ave S
St. Joseph, MN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads