MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #4

Bolded by me.
At this time I suspect Occam's Razor would apply.
I.e., this is not a criminal investigation.

The bolded is something that may never be solved.
I thought the families' of the deceased were mainly wondering how the substances that killed the men were sourced ?
Can't blame them for at least wanting to know who supplied what.
Wouldn't it still apply that the supplier could face some charges ?
Omo.

It might have been the situation when JW was mostly into downers (pot and alcohol) and the three victims were predominantly into uppers. In such cases, why share your drug of choice with someone who can well do without it? Coke is expensive. I think this could have happened, and probably saved JW’s life.

This summation that you've posted leads to a sad but logical conclusion. It began with LE telling us there was no murder investigation. Basically, they were saying they, the 3 friends, David Harrington, 37, Ricky Johnson, 38, and Clayton McGeeney, 36, unintentionally killed themselves or got themselves killed.

How the 3 friends managed to be together outdoors in order to freeze to death is a surreal oddity. All things at a death scene won't make sense. After all this time and rehab, I wonder if JW would tell the same story that they left and he fell asleep. If they left, why are they dead in the backyard?

My local pharmacy sells kits that detects fent in drugs. The kits were upwards of $50 bucks. I didn't read the specs but can put it on the list.
Re-quoting your post to say that if it were not for the inconsistent stories the families may not have even questioned anything.
Who knows, though.
Hoping they find answers and closure.
Omo.

Last edited:
You can be charged in MO for supplying drugs to someone who overdoses.

Good point.
But it looks like LE aren't expecting to make any arrests.
Unless there's something new, it looks like this case is closed.
Omo.

I think it would depend on what the investigation found, or didn't find. LE certainly can't make any arrests if the drugs were brought and shared by one of the three men unless they can trace who they got them from. Evidence to support the charges are absolutely crucial.

Hope this is allowed as an example. This on the topic of how the person that shared / sold some fatal drugs may not have known they were deadly, and even succumbed to the effects themselves. They managed to revive him, but now he's facing a sentence of life in prison for the deaths of two people that couldn't be revived.

In the investigation, authorities say Sargent was identified as the individual who brought the drugs — a mixture of fentanyl and para-fluorofentanyl — that led to the overdoses. According to the U.S. Attorney, this mixture was found inside his backpack and a duffel bag recovered at the scene, as well as a storage unit belonging to the San Diego resident.

I think it would depend on what the investigation found, or didn't find. LE certainly can't make any arrests if the drugs were brought and shared by one of the three men unless they can trace who they got them from. Evidence to support the charges are absolutely crucial.

Hope this is allowed as an example. This on the topic of how the person that shared / sold some fatal drugs may not have known they were deadly, and even succumbed to the effects themselves. They managed to revive him, but now he's facing a sentence of life in prison for the deaths of two people that couldn't be revived.

In the investigation, authorities say Sargent was identified as the individual who brought the drugs — a mixture of fentanyl and para-fluorofentanyl — that led to the overdoses. According to the U.S. Attorney, this mixture was found inside his backpack and a duffel bag recovered at the scene, as well as a storage unit belonging to the San Diego resident.
Last I heard, the KC investigation is still open and that's why final autopsy reports haven't been released. I think the LE/Prosecution goal is to trace evidence back to the seller.

JMO

Last I heard, the KC investigation is still open and that's why final autopsy reports haven't been released. I think the LE/Prosecution goal is to trace evidence back to the seller.
JMO

Did you read the article I posted though? I posted that article because it was an interesting arrest story. Four people all succumbed to the drug's effects, and two get revived, one being the dealer, now facing a life sentence. It happened in 2022, so it took awhile for the man to be formally charged with the deaths last week. It may take time, but it's not uncommon for the supplier to be charged.

April 28. Daily Mail headline:

"Frustrated mom of Kansas City Chief fan found 'frozen to death' with two pals in friend's backyard demands charges against homeowner - five months after puzzling deaths
David Harrington, Ricky Johnson and Clayton McGeeney died in January"
"Harrington's mother, Jennifer Marquez has called for 'some charges' "

Not sure if there is actually anything NEW in ^ news story.

"The police ruled out homicide and said they did not believe there was anything suspicious about the deaths....

Harrington's mother, Jennifer Marquez "... still believes Willis has questions to answer."

She said: 'If you have a party and serve too much alcohol and someone drives away from your house and has a wreck and kills themselves or others, you can be charged with overserving.
"'He had a party and three people died — he should have charges brought against him.""

Of course most any parent in those shoes would wonder and hope for crim charges against someone. For Ms Marquez, that someone is J. Willis.

ETA: Is this accurate & current --- LE ruled out homicide and "said they did not believe there was anything suspicious about the deaths."
Or is that a stale stmt from LE?

Jmo

Last edited:

"Frustrated mom of Kansas City Chief fan found 'frozen to death' with two pals in friend's backyard demands charges against homeowner - five months after puzzling deaths

"The police ruled out homicide and said they did not believe there was anything suspicious about the deaths....

Harrington's mother, Jennifer Marquez "... still believes Willis has questions to answer."

She said: 'If you have a party and serve too much alcohol and someone drives away from your house and has a wreck and kills themselves or others, you can be charged with overserving.
"'He had a party and three people died — he should have charges brought against him.""

Of course most any parent in those shoes would wonder and hope for crim charges against someone. For Ms Marquez, that someone is J. Willis.

ETA: Is this accurate & current --- LE ruled out homicide and "said they did not believe there was anything suspicious about the deaths."

Jmo

"They said the department still does not suspect foul play in the men's deaths, and previously that they are '100 percent not being investigated as homicide."

So I think the statement you cited is somewhat stale as it is combined with a newer statement.. I don't know that the thinking has changed but saying publicly it's 100% not homicide waves a red flag in front of the families.

I am sympathetic to the families to a point. But only to a point when months later public statements accusing a particular person of wrongdoing continue to be made. Initially they were in shock. And while 3+ months isn't time enough to recover from a great loss, it probably is time enough to think about one's public statements.

I do wonder if the parents had any idea their approaching-middle-age sons partied pretty hard. We don't know their pattern of drug usage, but I'm willing to bet that night wasn't their first time using. And showing up at an after-the-game party for 4 people (or 5 if AWL was expected) with 60 beers suggests they typically indulged in heavy alcohol use! And the fact no family member called the police when the men didn't come home Sunday night or any time Monday suggests to me that had happened before.

In the above article, Harrington's mother is quoted as saying about JW:

"Was his computer checked to see if he had been on it at any time in the two days that he didn't answer… and never received any text or anything from family or friends of the men or even his work?

'You would think he checked on his work so he wouldn't be in trouble or behind and that would prove he lied about not knowing [the men were dead or dying in his backyard]."

Checking his computer (if he did) is hardly evidence he knew the men were in his backyard, much less knew they were dead.
MOO

Last edited:

Did you read the article I posted though? I posted that article because it was an interesting arrest story. Four people all succumbed to the drug's effects, and two get revived, one being the dealer, now facing a life sentence. It happened in 2022, so it took awhile for the man to be formally charged with the deaths last week. It may take time, but it's not uncommon for the supplier to be charged.
I don't disagree. I think the goal all along has been to find the drug supplier.

JMO

Jmo

I think LE cleared Willis and the reason LE ruled-out homicide is because the 3 men took the pills voluntarily.

JMO

I am wondering how much these families really knew about the lives and habits of their grown sons. My guess is that they were drug users and just happened to purchase drugs that were fentanyl-laced.

It doesn’t matter whether someone is a casual drug user, drug addict, or first time drug user. Any instance of drug use could result in a fatal overdose.

It doesn’t matter whether someone is a casual drug user, drug addict, or first time drug user. Any instance of drug use could result in a fatal overdose.
sbm
That is true, it could, but any of those users can do something simple to decrease the chance of fatal overdose each time they use, and that's to use fentanyl test strips before they use. Which is why they're becoming more accessible, easy to find, and use, and even free of charge in some places. Just google "free fentanyl test strips" in your area to find where to get them and if any near you are free.

Does the Daily Mail pay for stories? That could be why the mother is speaking.

I think LE cleared Willis and the reason LE ruled-out homicide is because the 3 men took the pills voluntarily.

JMO
Doesn't matter if they took the toxic drugs voluntarily in many cases that I've seen prosecuted. The people in my news article took them voluntarily too, (see below). There were four laying on the floor dying from the drugs they took. Two were revived, and one of them was found to be responsible for giving or selling the others the drugs. Two died and now that survivor is being charged with two murders and it carries a life sentence. The two dead most likely took the drugs voluntarily too. This is not uncommon. The MI families want to push LE to find the supplier in this case.

An Example--

...I think LE cleared Willis and the reason LE ruled-out homicide is because the 3 men took the pills voluntarily.

It doesn't matter whether they took it voluntarily. Being so close to the Mexican border, we see a lot of these cases here.

Here's another case. The woman was sentenced in federal court. I think the sentence is lighter because she wasn't found to be a major distributor of the fentanyl. She just sold the man a gram and "he was found dead of an overdose in his trailer at 10:54 a.m. on December 5, after consuming the fentanyl he purchased from Bowman."

Dealers are well aware the fentanyl they are selling is a ticking time bomb with a blast radius inflicting injury across our communities,” said U.S. Attorney Tara McGrath. “Today our system held another dealer accountable for her role in spreading this deadly poison.”

“The San Diego County Sheriff’s Department is committed to investigating suspected Fentanyl overdose cases throughout the County of San Diego,” said Sheriff’s Lt. Chris Katra of the Narcotics and Gang Division. “We are dedicated to identifying and holding accountable those responsible for supplying the deadly Fentanyl. We will continue to collaborate with our Federal, State, local and legislative partners to accomplish this mission.”

Doesn't matter if they took the toxic drugs voluntarily in many cases that I've seen prosecuted. The people in my news article took them voluntarily too, (see below). There were four laying on the floor dying from the drugs they took. Two were revived, and one of them was found to be responsible for giving or selling the others the drugs. Two died and now that survivor is being charged with two murders and it carries a life sentence. The two dead most likely took the drugs voluntarily too. This is not uncommon. The MI families want to push LE to find the supplier in this case.

An Example--
BBM. My point is that LE in this case haven't found the source of the illegal drugs. All three victims died. It is more than obvious the host of the party wasn't the source of the illegal drugs.

JMO

sbm
That is true, it could, but any of those users can do something simple to decrease the chance of fatal overdose each time they use, and that's to use fentanyl test strips before they use. Which is why they're becoming more accessible, easy to find, and use, and even free of charge in some places. Just google "free fentanyl test strips" in your area to find where to get them and if any near you are free.
Fentanyl test strips and Narcan are readily available in many areas, yet it seems few people use the test strips.

BBM. My point is that LE in this case haven't found the source of the illegal drugs. All three victims died. It is more than obvious the host of the party wasn't the source of the illegal drugs.

JMO

It's possible; however, I find it hard to believe that LE hasn't tracked down that source of the drugs yet. I hardly think LE is going to let three young men's deaths go without a continued investigation.

MOO, I think they already have figured out the source. Like I pointed out in that other case, it took from 2022 to recently to file charges against the supplier.

Yes, I remember how strongly you felt that the host was not the source, and you may be correct about that. It stands to reason though that somebody probably sold those drugs to one of the three... and it's only a matter of time perhaps before there's charges. Of course, the delay gives that person time to flee the country. Hopefully, they're unknowingly under surveillance already. Before charges, LE gathers evidence, so hopefully they are doing that now.

I think it's extremely important to find out the source, important to the families and for the community. Prosecuting the source is the only way to stop more of this from happening.

Gee, if nothing else, maybe suppliers of these toxic drugs will start doing more testing of the drugs, if prosecutions make them care more for their own skin ending up in prison. All MOO

Last edited:
It's possible; however, I find it hard to believe that LE hasn't tracked down that source of the drugs yet. I hardly think LE is going to let three young men's deaths go without a continued investigation.

MOO, I think they already have figured out the source. Like I pointed out in that other case, it took from 2022 to recently to file charges against the supplier.

Yes, I remember how strongly you felt that the host was not the source, and you may be correct about that. It stands to reason though that somebody probably sold those drugs to one of the three... and it's only a matter of time perhaps before there's charges. Of course, the delay gives that person time to flee the country.

I think it's extremely important to find out the source, important to the families and for the community. Prosecuting the source is the only way to stop more of this from happening.

Gee, if nothing else, maybe suppliers of these toxic drugs will start doing more testing of the drugs, if prosecutions make them care more for their own skin ending up in prison. All MOO
I'm not sure that prosecuting street-level dealers (low level dealers) will make any real difference in stopping the sale of fentanyl-laced drugs. Seems the source lies higher up.
MOO

I'm not sure that prosecuting street-level dealers (low level dealers) will make any real difference in stopping the sale of fentanyl-laced drugs. Seems the source lies higher up.
MOO
Well, you're probably correct there. Think about it, even the threat of death doesn't deter people from taking a chance on risky drugs. Even testing the drugs by the users, even recreational users, should be done more, and even then it's not. So, stopping the problem isn't going to be all that easy.

However, as you can see from the news articles I posted-- prosecution of dealers is going on even for small amounts if there's a death involved. It's happening more often if there's a death. In some cases they can bust the small dealer and follow the trail to the bigger source.

It's more likely the huge efforts by LE on many levels that has made a difference. Seizing large scale amounts being smuggled across the border has made some difference. Something also to think about is that a lot goes on in dealing on phones, or on "the dark web", and online which leaves more of a trail that can be followed for solid evidence in prosecution.
This is all MOO though.

Yes, I remember how strongly you felt that the host was not the source, and you may be correct about that. It stands to reason though that somebody probably sold those drugs to one of the three... and it's only a matter of time perhaps before there's charges. Of course, the delay gives that person time to flee the country. Hopefully, they're unknowingly under surveillance already. Before charges, LE gathers evidence, so hopefully they are doing that now.

BBM. Yes, LE may have figured out the source and is still investigating in order to find the bigger distributor. The host allowed LE to search his home without a search warrant and he spoke to LE without an attorney present.

There was a fifth man that arrived later and left earlier than the three men. That man lawyered up immediately. That's an indication to me that he may have provided the drugs but did not know they were laced with fentanyl.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Engeluc
Back