MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched the local news...

did i here right that Kara's family said the petition is not going to bring back Kara and they think the police are doing a great job..did i here that right??

did they search the park w/dogs?????? they should if they havent
i so much think the po in jail for kelsey did make karra disapear :-|
blue
index.cfm

cant get my pic to show here = need some help

I just watched the local news...

did i here right that Kara's family said the petition is not going to bring back Kara and they think the police are doing a great job..did i here that right??

Oh, Gosh! I hope not! I didn't see the news story you are talking about, but hopefully they didn't say that!

im like 99% sure thats what i heard..i'll see if i can find the article on it.

I am with you Indy.

Special prayer requests at church today for Kara and her family. Will keep them up until she is home.
Check you Pms Please.....I have prayed all day today and pray everynight before I sleep!

Sorry if this has been posted:

Kara Kopetsky Petition Pushes For New Investigation
Last Edited: Wednesday, 20 Jun 2007, 10:06 PM CDT

BELTON, MO -- It's been almost seven weeks since a Belton teenager vanished without a trace. Police are still following leads in Kara Kopetsky's disappearance, but there's a growing frustration surrounding the case.

A pretty strongly worded petition asks the state to take over the investigation into Kopetsky's disappearance and investigate whether Belton police mishandled the case.

As of Wednesday evening, there were already almost 700 signatures on the petition. A New Jersey man is helping create a missing persons video for Kara's family said he wrote the petition as a way to call attention to how police handled Kara's case.

"The ultimate goal is to go beyond Belton and go to the state house and say look public officials this was badly mismanaged there's a family in pain a girl who could be in trouble, do something," Gene King said.

When Kara disappeared May 4, she left all her clothes and her new iPod behind and she hasn't used her cell phone or bank account since. King said those facts do not suggest Kara was a runaway, yet that's how the case was treated.

"It's time to ask hard questions," King said. "Why were things done the way they were done in the beginning?"

Kara's family said it's been frustrating, but they can't change the past. The signatures remind them Kara's not forgotten.

More at Link: http://www.myfoxkc.com/myfox/pages/...n=3&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.1.1

Sorry if this has been posted:

Kara Kopetsky Petition Pushes For New Investigation
Last Edited: Wednesday, 20 Jun 2007, 10:06 PM CDT

BELTON, MO -- It's been almost seven weeks since a Belton teenager vanished without a trace. Police are still following leads in Kara Kopetsky's disappearance, but there's a growing frustration surrounding the case.

A pretty strongly worded petition asks the state to take over the investigation into Kopetsky's disappearance and investigate whether Belton police mishandled the case.

As of Wednesday evening, there were already almost 700 signatures on the petition. A New Jersey man is helping create a missing persons video for Kara's family said he wrote the petition as a way to call attention to how police handled Kara's case.

"The ultimate goal is to go beyond Belton and go to the state house and say look public officials this was badly mismanaged there's a family in pain a girl who could be in trouble, do something," Gene King said.

When Kara disappeared May 4, she left all her clothes and her new iPod behind and she hasn't used her cell phone or bank account since. King said those facts do not suggest Kara was a runaway, yet that's how the case was treated.

"It's time to ask hard questions," King said. "Why were things done the way they were done in the beginning?"

Kara's family said it's been frustrating, but they can't change the past. The signatures remind them Kara's not forgotten.

More at Link: http://www.myfoxkc.com/myfox/pages/...n=3&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.1.1
Thank you for that.

I found this on the Project Jason website and thought maybe FKK could pass it on to Kara's parents, who knows maybe it will help them in some way? :confused:

http://www.projectjason.org/dpforum/forum.php
Steps to Take When a Loved One is Missing

STEPS TO TAKE WHEN YOUR LOVED ONE IS MISSING

1.) Contact local law enforcement: Write down the name of the officer who takes the report as well as the badge number, telephone number and the case number. Make sure your missing loved one is entered into NCIC (National Crime Information Center).

2.) If the child is age 17, or under, call the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) at 1-800-845-5678.

3.) If your missing loved one is 18 or older, call the Nations Center for Missing Adults at 1-800-690-3463.

4.) If the child could be a runaway, call your local runaway hotline as well as the National Runaway Switchboard at 1-800-621-4000.

5.) Call or send an email to Project Jason at 1-402-932-0095 and/or assistance@projectjason.org.

6.) Start a journal: Log all incoming & outgoing telephone calls, and actions taken. Get call waiting and an answering machine.

7.) Gather current photos, make a flyer of your missing loved one and get friends, relatives, co-workers, fellow church members to launch a poster placement campaign. Project Jason can create a poster online and post it to be viewed and distributed by hundreds of people in a short amount of time.

8.) Check for clues on the missing person’s computer, the family computer, in their bedroom, with their friends, co-workers, teachers, and check bank, credit card, and phone statements.

9.) After Law Enforcement has searched the missing person’s bedroom for any clues, take an article of worn, but unwashed clothing, or bed sheets or a pillowcase and enclose it in a paper bag. Take the missing person’s toothbrush and hairbrush and seal it in a plastic bag.

10.) Contact local media: The sooner television and radio begin notifying the community that a person is missing, the better the chances of recovery.

11.) Get copies of dental and medical x-rays and records.

There are additional steps to take along the way, and an assigned Project Jason representative will guide you in this process.

Most importantly, do take care of yourself. You need the strength to search for your missing loved one. Make sure you are eating properly and taking some time out for yourself, including exercise.

Remember, you are not alone in this. Project Jason will be there for you!

Note: After you have completed steps 1-4 as applicable, please write us at a special email address, which is guidance@projectjason.org.

I found this on the Project Jason website and thought maybe FKK could pass it on to Kara's parents, who knows maybe it will help them in some way? :confused:

Steps to Take When a Loved One is Missing

STEPS TO TAKE WHEN YOUR LOVED ONE IS MISSING

1.) Contact local law enforcement: Write down the name of the officer who takes the report as well as the badge number, telephone number and the case number. Make sure your missing loved one is entered into NCIC (National Crime Information Center).

2.) If the child is age 17, or under, call the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) at 1-800-845-5678.

3.) If your missing loved one is 18 or older, call the Nations Center for Missing Adults at 1-800-690-3463.

4.) If the child could be a runaway, call your local runaway hotline as well as the National Runaway Switchboard at 1-800-621-4000.

5.) Call or send an email to Project Jason at 1-402-932-0095 and/or assistance@projectjason.org.

6.) Start a journal: Log all incoming & outgoing telephone calls, and actions taken. Get call waiting and an answering machine.

7.) Gather current photos, make a flyer of your missing loved one and get friends, relatives, co-workers, fellow church members to launch a poster placement campaign. Project Jason can create a poster online and post it to be viewed and distributed by hundreds of people in a short amount of time.

8.) Check for clues on the missing person’s computer, the family computer, in their bedroom, with their friends, co-workers, teachers, and check bank, credit card, and phone statements.

9.) After Law Enforcement has searched the missing person’s bedroom for any clues, take an article of worn, but unwashed clothing, or bed sheets or a pillowcase and enclose it in a paper bag. Take the missing person’s toothbrush and hairbrush and seal it in a plastic bag.

10.) Contact local media: The sooner television and radio begin notifying the community that a person is missing, the better the chances of recovery.

11.) Get copies of dental and medical x-rays and records.

There are additional steps to take along the way, and an assigned Project Jason representative will guide you in this process.

Most importantly, do take care of yourself. You need the strength to search for your missing loved one. Make sure you are eating properly and taking some time out for yourself, including exercise.

Remember, you are not alone in this. Project Jason will be there for you!

Note: After you have completed steps 1-4 as applicable, please write us at a special email address, which is guidance@projectjason.org.
Thank you so much. I know FKK has been giving all we have to them. She also might not post for a minute as she told me she just needs a break. Poor thing. So maybe tonight and for the rest of this when we say a prayer for Kara and The family, lets say one for FKK as well. She has been working her Butt off here.

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=3496baf1-4627-4d11-9462-51dd2e543382

JEFFERSON CITY - Gov. Matt Blunt today requested that Attorney General Jay Nixon join the efforts of law enforcement to help find Kara Kopetsky, a teenager from Belton, who went missing on May 4.
Missourians have contacted the governor's office requesting that the Attorney General's office get involved in the case.

This is great news Indy! I hope FKK can draw some inspiration from this, her voice is being heard, and her hard work is not going unnoticed!

FKK is a remarkable young woman IMO...she has put sooo much effort and time into this and has proven what a good freind she is to Kara. I am so glad she is getting the results now for her efforts! Hopefully there will be some resolution in this for her!

This is great news Indy! I hope FKK can draw some inspiration from this, her voice is being heard, and her hard work is not going unnoticed!
Thank you guys for writing all those letters.

FKK thank you so much for being such a great friend to Kara!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
FKK is a remarkable young woman IMO...she has put sooo much effort and time into this and has proven what a good freind she is to Kara. I am so glad she is getting the results now for her efforts! Hopefully there will be some resolution in this for her!

That is fantastic news!!! Now..who is this Gene King person from New Jersey? I thought someone on WS started that petition? I am confused, but guess it doesn't matter if they listened to someone about the AG and a petition after all!!!

NOW...maybe something will happen to bring Kara home!!

We came up with a group of about 50 kids that helped in the search for Kelsey to go search the Longview Lake area. We contacted the local police department to tell them what we had organized and to make sure there werent any additional steps we needed to take. We were told we cannot do this because it is not being organized by a law enforcement agency or a professional team trained to do this. That we would not know what we were looking for and if anything was found it would compromise any evidence. They do not have the manpower or a request from the family to do this. I am so frustrated!!! You have 50 kids (when I say kids im talking 17-25 year olds) full of energy and desire to help and we are running into brick walls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member