MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can they stop you from walking in public areas? I comend you for working so hard. I would just tell them to show up in loose fitting comfortable clothing that covers arms and legs have walking stick keep an arms length from each other and walk. Marking off the areas completed taking small sections so no one gets lost or hurt. You might want to contact the Gov since he told the AG to work on finding her. And he might be interested that the police discourage 50 vol. They could have worked with you on a future date or finding a professional team. JEFFERSON CITY - Gov. Matt Blunt today requested that Attorney General Jay Nixon join the efforts of law enforcement to help find Kara Kopetsky

Where is the link to the petition? I have looked on both threads and I can't seem to find it anywhere.

We came up with a group of about 50 kids that helped in the search for Kelsey to go search the Longview Lake area. We contacted the local police department to tell them what we had organized and to make sure there werent any additional steps we needed to take. We were told we cannot do this because it is not being organized by a law enforcement agency or a professional team trained to do this. That we would not know what we were looking for and if anything was found it would compromise any evidence. They do not have the manpower or a request from the family to do this. I am so frustrated!!! You have 50 kids (when I say kids im talking 17-25 year olds) full of energy and desire to help and we are running into brick walls.
This is a crying shame! I strongly encourage you to contact the Governor and the AG about this. To turn a search party down is despicable in my opinion, and proof of their mishandling of this case.

We came up with a group of about 50 kids that helped in the search for Kelsey to go search the Longview Lake area. We contacted the local police department to tell them what we had organized and to make sure there werent any additional steps we needed to take. We were told we cannot do this because it is not being organized by a law enforcement agency or a professional team trained to do this. That we would not know what we were looking for and if anything was found it would compromise any evidence. They do not have the manpower or a request from the family to do this. I am so frustrated!!! You have 50 kids (when I say kids im talking 17-25 year olds) full of energy and desire to help and we are running into brick walls.
I share your frustration :furious: and normally I would say listen to LE BUT here, you have 50 volunteers who helped with Kelsey's search, so they have been briefed on what and how the procedure works. Someone has got to look for that young woman. Tell everyone to "put on their Nike's and Just Do It" I will send you prayers, mental and emotional support. However, if there are any problems, I, unfortunately, am to far away to be of any assistance. But if I was there, I would join you!!!1

It is a public place right? A lake park, as I understand it. It is quite normal to have a bar-b-que during the summer months and play walking games......... just do it.

Okay having said all that, I must now say, I am not encouraging you to get yourself and your volunteers in trouble. There must be a way around this..... Have you called the family? Could you get their permission? Can you ask a family member to call LE and say the family put together a search party and they will be __________ at such and such a time, and it would be great if LE would join them? Or maybe the local search and rescue team? Or maybe just any member of such organization that would like to come and give a little briefing on the procedures?

I have my fingers crossed and am sending you prayers that there is a way around this stumbling block!

Salem

And my next question would be....... does LE know something they are not publicizing? Why would they not search for Kara? Maybe they feel like they don't know where to search? But if volunteers want to search, how can they say no?

Call LE back and ask them directly "Are you telling us NOT to Search? or are you telling us that LE can not endorse the search?"

I bet they say they just can't endorse it, because they did not orchestrate it....... which would mean you are free to search (I think).

Salem

If they think there is a chance of "EVIDENCE" being there concerning Kara, then it seems to me they should be looking there themselves. Besides, at this point, if Kara is there, most of the evidence is already compromised. And since LE doesn't seem to want to help find her, I say, who cares about compromised evidence, JUST BRING HER HOME!!! If she's a runaway like they are choosing to claim, there is no evidence anyway.
Personally, I would contact someone at Equusearch for details on what to do, and what not to do and as another poster said, "Have a barbecue, and go for long walks around the lake".

Went today and got a permit from parks and recreations to have a gathering of more than 25 people at the park. After calling LE back I was told that they would not support or be legally responsible for anything that may occur during the search. Heck I wasnt asking them to be there for protection or traffic control or anything else, guess its a case of them covering their butt. So we have a permit and are going to have a lovely bbq and take some strolls around the lake.

Went today and got a permit from parks and recreations to have a gathering of more than 25 people at the park. After calling LE back I was told that they would not support or be legally responsible for anything that may occur during the search. Heck I wasnt asking them to be there for protection or traffic control or anything else, guess its a case of them covering their butt. So we have a permit and are going to have a lovely bbq and take some strolls around the lake.
Excellent idea!!!! Check the east side of the lake out if you can between the picnic area and Shoreline trail! (Where is your shelter going to be?)

We will be in shelter number 10, which my understanding is off Raytown Road and in the middle of the bike trail.

Bless you and all the other volunteers!! :blowkiss: What you're doing is wonderful and I commend you all. Good luck and stay safe!!

God bless you and the other searchers. May you find Kara. She needs to be found and brought home.

I knew LE was just "covering their butts" as you so eloquently put it!

I am so excited to read that you have found a way to look for Kara. :woohoo: I will be sending you lots of positive thoughts and energy.

Finally - someone is doing something that will be beneficial, one way or another. If you find something, then we know something. If you don't, then we also know something.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I suppose this is why they call you busylady?:dance:

Salem

Oh Busy, Thank you so much for all the hard work you are doing to bring Kara home. If you need anything be it money to help or a place to vent, please PM me and I will help!!

Excellent idea!!!! Check the east side of the lake out if you can between the picnic area and Shoreline trail! (Where is your shelter going to be?)
Watch out for SS and inside details. Okay so if you are right on this one I will really start to worry....LOL:D :D

Where is the link to the petition? I have looked on both threads and I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I would really appreciate it if someone could point me to the petition or isn't it being signed anymore? Help please.

Busylady-you are a true angel for the missing!! I hope everything goes well. I will keep you and the volunteers in my prayers.

When is this going to happen???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members