Must Have Books?

Eagle1 said:
I haven't even heard of that one, would love to read a new one. Title?

JonBenet's Mother: The Tragedy and The Truth! by Linda Edison McLean

JonBenet knew, even then, at age 2 1/2 that her sister Beth was now an angel and had gone to live with Jesus in Heaven.

JonBenet used to tell everyone how she had a sister who is an angel.

After her visit, I found she [Patsy] had left a little angel doll, with blond hair in pigtails; I put it next to Jim's picture on my dresser. - Linda McLean

If your little daughter had been strung up with her hair in pigtails, would you carry around a little angel doll with the same color hair in pigtails?

Eagle1 said:
I'm curious too. Did she pick up the phrase from someone in the legal profession, where she may have had some kind of case, or in religion? Maybe a Jim Jones type "missionary"? She may even say she doesn't remember where she got it.
I asked her about it today. She says she didn't pick up the phrase "and hence" until she started practicing medicine in Las Vegas.

She had a silly grin on her face when she talked about it -- maybe it involves an old boyfriend.

I just finished Steve's book and am reading DOI. I think it's funny the way they bend over backward to look like a typical American family. Not one glamour shot of JonBenet in all of the photos. Also, John described their Charlevoix mansion as a "cottage." (??)

Bro Moon, the only thing I like about Freud is his iceberg:
http://www.wilderdom.com/personality/L8-3TopographyMindIceberg.html
Just love that! (And nothing sexual about it - LOL)

I'm going to Cripple Creek this August but we may go through Denver to get there, so I'm trying to figure out a way to go through Boulder. However I guess they fenced the house pretty good, so there might not be much to see. I would feel bad being another look-ee-loo there, too. If I went, is there anything else that would be interesting to see, I wonder?

BrotherMoon said:
JonBenet's Mother: The Tragedy and The Truth! by Linda Edison McLean
Bro Moon, that book is out of print at Amazon. But why would you recommend it when it sounds like so much propaganda? I would really like to know. Here's a review from Amazon:

Written as a 'cri de coeur,' a work of love and friendship towards the Ramseys, the book is careful to avoid any isue that would taint the image of the Ramseys as a perfect couple: perfect lovers, perfect friends, perfect parents, perfect citizens. There is an irony in painting such a picture: the book contains the classic information that is offered in court after a person has been convicted of a crime: relatives, ministers, fellow workers, and whoever is willing to utter a favorable remembrance of the convict is brought before the court to try to mitigate the severity of whatever sentence is about to be passed.

This short book is packed with pictures (I counted 69) of the Ramseys at home and at play. It contains dozens of letters and snippets by those who love the family: some were quite moving; but there are no new iterpretations of the facts, and certainly no new facts pertaining to the murder of JonBenét. The book is not about the murder, but rather about what fine people the Ramseys are.

You can go from Denver to Boulder to Cripple Creek by hwy36 then the peak to peak hwy, which is high and wind - y. The Pearl street Mall is good for people gazing, also "The Hill" and the CU campus is worth a look. All are close by each other. The Ramsey house is unremarkable. The fence doesn't block the view. After you see the house, go back south to Baseline, then west past Chataqua Park all the way up to the top to artists point for the view east.

Kalypso said:
I just finished Steve's book and am reading DOI. I think it's funny the way they bend over backward to look like a typical American family. Not one glamour shot of JonBenet in all of the photos. Also, John described their Charlevoix mansion as a "cottage." (??)

Bro Moon, the only thing I like about Freud is his iceberg:
http://www.wilderdom.com/personality/L8-3TopographyMindIceberg.html
Just love that! (And nothing sexual about it - LOL)

I'm going to Cripple Creek this August but we may go through Denver to get there, so I'm trying to figure out a way to go through Boulder. However I guess they fenced the house pretty good, so there might not be much to see. I would feel bad being another look-ee-loo there, too. If I went, is there anything else that would be interesting to see, I wonder?

If you can, then definately go!! At least you can drive slowly down the street (it IS residential) and check out just how close together these houses actually are. That is what totally blew me away. It doesn't come across that way on TV. The street is narrow , so the houses across the street aren't that far away from each other eithor. Don't forget they have changed the address so don't bother looking for 755 15th St. I don't know what the new address is, I recognized the house by sight. You can check out the location of the house in relation to the Pearl Street Mall, the University, the homeless shelter (Church), you can find the Church her memorial was held at(was that St. Johns Episcopal?) there's just all different kinds of things to look at besides the house . All of which have to do with this case. Oh, don't forget to check out Pasta Jays! Definetly go, just don't loiter aroud the house. I think my husband and I drove past it 5 times slowly so I could take pictures! (He's so good to me.)

Thanks Trixie and Brother Moon, for the JBR "tour" help! I'll be sure and report back if I go this August.

Kalypso said:
Bro Moon, that book is out of print at Amazon. But why would you recommend it when it sounds like so much propaganda? I would really like to know.

It's honest. She does Patsy no favor though. See my post above. That's cold, sociopathic coldness. McLean describes Patsy as an over achiever, she uses the word "over" many times to describe Patsy. If I was to write abook about her, I might title it "Above and Beyond".

I too thought the conjunction, "and hence", was not an oft-used phrase, when I first became aware that it had appeared in the ransom note. Later, when I saw it in the memorial, I was prompted to call it to the attention of the authorities. Little did I know that by then the whole world had noticed it. It had even been discussed in Schiller's book which I didn't have at the time. Boy, was I embarrassed! I think the ransom note and the memorial were among the first few documents I downloaded from the internet. I did receive a "thank you" from the BPD.

Since then I've discovered that it's not all that uncommon. I have an old grammar and composition textbook which is replete with "and hence." I noticed that in the book, DOI, the Ramseys have switched to "and consequently."

What is even more compelling though is the construction of the sentence in the memorial in which it appears. It has exactly the same form that the sentence in the ransom note had prior to the crossing out of the word, "delivery", and proceeding instead with the word, "pick-up", which is improperly hyphenated. So, compare "...no hope..., and hence no hope..." to "...earlier delivery..., and hence...earlier delivery..." The noun/subject, along with it's modifier, is repeated on both sides of the conjunction in both documents. It appears as if the writer of the ransom note-assuming one author-had such a strong tendency to engage in this repitition, that he/she inadvertently used the wrong word; thus the correction.

Isn't that a marvelous explanation that Patsy came up with! She begins by explaining that she had no idea why it was used, and ends by explaining that it's an ordinary everyday word: "The fact that we used ANY SET OF WORDS in our statement meant nothing more than an attempt to convey our personal feelings at the moment we were writing."

Face it, Patsy, it was a dumb choice of words considering that you were suspected at the time of having authored the ransom note. Is she taunting us? Note that the heading for one of the chapters in their book was TABLOID TACTICS AND POLICE RUMORS. Is this reminiscent of "We are familiar with Law enforcement countermeasures and tactics"? I'm surprised she didn't opt for TABLOID RUMORS AND POLICE TACTICS.

Are these two in the habit of collaborating on Ramsey documents-Christmas letters and the like?

In the book (the dedication?): For JonBenet Wherever we go... Whatever we do...

I've read it. Quite some time ago, actually. I think it was written by a poster named "Little". I think you can read the entire thing online or order a real book. I ordered the book had it sent to my home. I think Little has a message board somewhere but now I don't remember where it is.(Crime & Justice, maybe?) I think she posts here sometimes or over at Tricias other board Forums for Justice.
It's a good book. It's like reading everything that's on the boards. It seems like she just put it all together and put it in a book. I admire her tenacity. The very back of the book has a few pages about a murder that happened , I think, in Conneticut. (Can you tell I don't have access to my book right now? lol) Mathew Margolis. VERY sad story. It's just a kind of brief overview of the known facts of the case. Another unsolved murder. That part isn't very long in the book and it's at the end. Other than those few pages about Mathew it's ALL about Jonbenet and the forums and some of the posters.
I keep meaning to email Little and tell her how much I admire her for actually sitting down and writing it all up. Maybe I'll try to find her website and tell her there. If I find it I'll come back and ket you know. Can anybody help here?

Fickle are you?

How does one insert smilies, etc. into ones messages? This is totally beyond my comprehension.

"Is there anybody out there who can glow, and would like to make a little flower grow? Shine on me." ONJ

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for these 2 books:

Pretty Baby: The Life And Death Of Jonbenet Ramsey ; Keene-Osborn, sherry (1997)

JonBenet Ramsey - John H. Walker

I tried searching Ebay but I could not find them. Does anyone know another place I can try?

I didn't know Sherry Keen Osborne wrote a book about this case? If I had known I would have been the first to grab it , as I considered her a sensible ,dedicated to the truth kind of gal.

I'd like to get them too. It's getting impossible to find even the old ones around here, midwest. I have about three, and the others used to be in libraries. No more.

Anybody want Mother Gone Bad? I think it is weak.

Okay, JBR experts. I have a dilemna. Today I received my book order, with Perfect Murder, Perfect Town by Lawrence Schiller AND JonBenet, Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation by Steve Thomas.

WHICH DO I READ FIRST? :waitasec:

(...bowing down to your expertise on this subject...)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joaquín Tórrez
Back