Must Have Books?

sandraladeda said:
Okay, JBR experts. I have a dilemna. Today I received my book order, with Perfect Murder, Perfect Town by Lawrence Schiller AND JonBenet, Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation by Steve Thomas.

WHICH DO I READ FIRST? :waitasec:

(...bowing down to your expertise on this subject...)

sandraladeda,

That's a tough question. JONBENET is a Patsy did it book, which will give you some insight into the investigation that PMPT will not, since it's from the perspective of a so-called "lead investigator".

PMPT is more of an all-encompassing chronology with snipits of media reports; it contains quite a few interesting interviews with several of the "key players." Both books contain a fair amount of characterization. Neither is a "just the facts" book. Schiller doesn't single out a key suspect. He's neutral on that score.

Whichever you decide to read first, remember to take them both with a grain of salt.

Hello--first time poster here.

I read DOI first and kind of forgot about it. Months passed. Then I stumbled upon PMPT. Now I am reading ST's book and I also have The Police files and Cyril Wecht's book. I am still undecided.

I'd like to think they didn't do it, but can't say yes or no yet. JBR was the same age as my oldest son, now 14, and I now have a 6 YO daughter. I can't even imagine that happening to her.

BTW-I grew up outside of Boulder, spent a bunch of time there as a kid. And my mother Worked Rape crisis there for Boulder PD.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley
Back